Just a little something for you to ponder

Previous topic - Next topic

riddled_skies

Quite interesting. The ending's quite a kicker  :wink:

Copied from www.Shroomery.org:

"""
BACK IN TIME
It was 1960 and as a young boy of ten I never missed the television show "ONE STEP BEYOND".

It was 1960 and as a young boy of ten I never missed the television show "ONE STEP BEYOND". This was a show about true and unexplained stories of the paranormal.
For example: A woman is in the hospital with a fever of 105: In her delirium she keeps telling her doctor that her son just crashed into a red bridge with his car and is now on fire. The doctor dose not take it seriously until after hearing it over and over again for three hours. Out of curiosity he calls the local sheriffs department and asked if there is such a bridge. The sheriff said there was and the doctor tells him what the woman has been saying. Now the sheriff is curious and decides to drive out to the bridge. When he arrives a car approaching him in the other lane swerves to avoid a deer crossing the road. The car goes off the road, hits the bridge and catches fire. The sheriff pulls the man out of his vehicle just in time to save his life. The man turns out to be the woman's son. True story!
In another episode a man is hit on the head in a construction accident. He appears to be all rite but when he gets home he begins to have hallucinations about a devastating bombing attack on U.S. naval ships. He tries to convince his wife that something terrible is about to happen but she tells him that he needs to go to the hospital instead. It's December 6th 1941.
Even at the age of ten I noticed that paranormal events such as precognitive experiences, and intuitive behavior seemed to followed head trauma and wondered if it was some kind of survival mechanism that we once possessed in our evolutionary makeup that has long ago been discarded.
On the final episode before the show went off the air the host took the whole staff down to Mexico to visit a Sharman who could see visions of events taking place far away under the influence of a yet to be identified mushroom. I was totally amazed when accompanying psychiatrists put him through a myriad of test.
He could identify page numbers from a book opened randomly from the next room. He located lost items for local natives and saw clearly photos from a book someone else was viewing a mile away.
That night, at the age of ten, I made it my life ambition to identify this mushroom and experiment with it myself.

BORN AGAIN

I was now nineteen and had been working with psychoactive psilocybin mushrooms since 1967, having obtaining some samples from a friend at Brandies University, and by the end of 1969 had some amazing results with age regression, although it wasn't the direction I initially wanted to go. I was hoping to experience ESP type abilities.

During the last few sessions I discovered that under the influence of the mushrooms I could remember vividly things long forgotten.
Without the mushroom, like most people, I had memories only as far back as age five and before then...it was all bits and pieces.
Under the influence of the mushroom however I could remember as far back to some traumatic event in my life, usually being frightened, and once that event was remembered the trauma would be lifted and I could remember further back and everything in between. So I started at age five, which was as far back as I could remember without the mushroom and worked backwards.
It was amazing how the mushroom worked. It was like playing a videotape of your life except when you press play you jumped into the seen and you were there! It was like traveling back in time.

EXAMPLE:
EDITED:
JULY 15th 1969
Subject: DAVID
(4.5 grams dry cubensis mushroom - ingested)

REGRESSION #3

I regress to July, 1955. I'm 5 1/2 years old.

I'm in front of my house - Dockray Street in Quincy Massachusetts. I'm walking towards Beal Street. It's a hot sunny day and I'm wearing a blue outfit. As I pass under some maple trees I feel myself enter my character and I'm actually back in 1955. I cross the intersection of Hilda and Dockray. To my left Hilda Street is paved. To my rite Hilda Street is still a dirt road for the last hundred feet as it terminates at what was once called the Bumpity road. I can feel the sun, hear birds, crickets and the traffic up on Beal Street. AMAZING!
I can smell blacktop and tar. Kerosene road lamps are on the ground in front of the Miller's house; they're lit and look like black cannon balls with flame and thick black smoke billowing from the top. They're about to finish paving the street.
Steven Dubois is up at Beal Street calling me to come to him. (Steven is my age - five and a half). As I approach, things go dizzy. Steven is pointing down at something. It doesn't make sense at first and it takes me a while... but then I begin to understand. It's a dead squirrel; head crushed by a car, my first encounter with a dead animal.
"Wow! I forgot all about that!"
I would find myself back in my room still under the influence of the mushrooms and less than a few seconds had passed. With memory block of my first encounter with a dead animal lifted old lost memories begin to flood back. I could now remember quite vividly all that happened back to age three.
It would go on from there. At three; a memory of my older brother roughhousing with our collie. (I thought our dog was trying to eat him.)
With that lifted I could remember everything back to when I was 2 ½ when, regressed again to late summer of 1952, re-witnessed my brother having his cast and a traction pin removed from his leg at Milton Hospital. (Lots of screaming)
That session had brought me back to crib memories. My mother verified this when I identified a room and things on the wall in a house we use to live in back in 1950. (We moved out of that house when I was three months old. She had asked me how I could possibly remember that far back.)
I ultimately regressed back to three months old but had trouble going back any further. It seemed at this age every day is a traumatic event. But I remember this dream..... I think it was a dream. Maybe I could bypass the last 90 days and remember my actual birth or even pre-natal memories by tuning in on that dream. I would try that on my next session with mushrooms...

Recorded tapes and notes taken by friend Jim D'Allasandeo

OCTOBER 20th, 1969 – MONDAY
Subject: David
10:00 PM – Dose: 5 grams of dried cubensis mushrooms
Body weight: 168 lbs. - empty stomach
Session #4 - Regression

First effects felt: Twenty minutes.

Ninety minutes after ingestion: having strong visuals. I close my eyes.

11:35 PM (95 minutes after ingestion)

Regressed to mid June 1950 - I'm in a crib...I had just awakened from that dream again and I'm crying. The dream triggers an earlier memory of being in a dark place having that same dream.

Regress once again to age 9 days or so and I'm dreaming.

(THE DREAM: A linguistic interpretation of the abstract)

A cluster of strings parallel to one another and extending in both directions to infinity are all vibrating each to its own frequency. One linear string resonates the other in a harmonic exchange, creating a powerful and all encompassing cosmic song.
I'm part of this song, riding an energy wave along my own harmonic string. The song sings of intangible geometric shapes, densities and mathematical equivalencies... each string sharing all its information with one another in a song that has no beginning.
I am one such energy string, disembodied, without substance, vibrating in perfect harmony, with no perception of time or space... no sensation of awareness, just....ALL!
Then....at a particular point along one of the parallel strings... the cosmic song is disrupted by a slight variation in frequency. This point has dropped to a lower pitch. Adjacent parallel strings in close proximity are also pulled down in pitch as to fill the void of disruption until the whole cosmic song begins to distort and slow down. As if it were audible the song grows louder as the pitch falls lower in proportion.

SENSATION:
Sudden feeling of being, disassociation, discomfort.

SENSATION:
A smell! A taste... a salty copper taste. Salty fluid permeating the nasals cavities and chest area...an increasing feeling of discomfort... and that mucus salty like smell
SENSATION:
Feeling of being disconnected from the song...extreme discomfort... first audible sounds and tones now being heard...fluids discharging from nose and lungs...blinding white light...feeling of terror, the cosmic song crescendos in an abrupt deafening silence.
Then quiet...very quiet for what seems to be a very long time...... no harmonics.
The memory of the song begins fading...then a noise...a loud noise from another place. It awakens me from some kind of a dream. The noise makes me feel uncomfortable....and that SMELL!! It still lingers; residual dried embryonic fluids still incrusted in parts of the posterior portions of the nasal cavities...and that taste...

SENSATION:

Visual stimuli now coordinating with other sensory input as I am becoming self aware inside a bassinet.

(It's the 9th morning after my birth and I had that string dream again. One eye is crusted over from last nights sleep. There is an urge to remove the annoyance but an inability to figure out how.)

A loud sound from another place makes me feel uneasy. I don't understand sounds. It carries no information. Just random noise; no harmonics like...like...

Memories of the song fade as I receive more and more input from my new environment. A song I once understood now fades in the obscurity of the sights and sounds of my new surroundings. My ninth day on this planet is just a fleeting moment drowned in a whirlwind of sensory stimuli.
I'm falling asleep again and my head lays to the right. At this age there is little difference between dreaming and being awake.
That session I had thought I regressed as far back as one could possibly go when...

11:36 PM (96 minutes after ingestion)

"Jim! I'm having memories that are not mine!"

Pause.

"I'm having detailed memories of someone's life."

"It's long ago...are you still recording this?"

"I don't know if I like this."

Pause.

"I feel like I'm floating through peoples lives."

"Jesus...I did too much mushrooms! This is so weird!"

"Now I'm having detailed memories of someone's life before that."

"This is not happening!"

"I'm slowing down."

"Are you recording this?"

"It's very long ago - Northern Europe... I think. Language...clothing...
I have the life memory of a woman. She is distantly related to me in a way I can't explain...suffered an emotional trauma... imprinted... was past down, and now some how I ..."

Pause.

"The events in her life are too detailed for me to be making it up...at this rate of speed anyway."

"I can remember every road she walked down...people she knew... her three children..."

"One of her children!!"

"I'm beginning to enter her character..."

"It's cold out and I'm separating grain from the husk by throwing it in the air and letting the wind carry the husk away."

"Somehow I remember that."

Pause.

"I'm in a small field surrounded by woods. Others, with two wheel wooden carts drawn by horses, are gathering grain. People are talking around me in a language I can understand but can't translate."

"I think it's morning; dew on the ground, the sun is low and I can see my breath."

Pause.

"I'm beginning to feel dizzy"

"The squirrel!!"

"Something is about to happen."

"Oh Jesus! I don't want to remember this."

"A runaway horse and cart... crashing out of the woods and onto the field. Others working in the field are screaming – yelling – yelling.

"Excitement seems exaggerated; it's just a runaway cart."

Pause.

"The cart is making a turn."

"Oh God!! My child has her foot caught in it's wheel."

"Tia!"

"She is being spun around. Her head is hitting the ground and going under the wheel with every revolution. I feel myself fainting...."

Trauma lifted.

(I begin to feel myself floating back through people's lives again. I understand at this point I may have just experienced a schizophrenic split in personality but the fascination of what's going on and the detail of it all makes me want to continue.)

"It's very long ago."

"Memories of a man who lived in a mountainous region."

"I feel myself entering character."

(But I don't enter character. Everything stops.)

Long pause.

"I'm now listening ......seems to include some...What is this?"

(A ringing in my ear like the after gong of a bell begins to morph into words)

"What is this?"

Stand by......

Stand by......

Zeroing in ...

Coordinating location...

Can you understand us?
... sun will soon behave like a T-Tauri star when it begins to pass through a dense cloud of interstellar dust and gas beginning in the year 2012.
...nova like mass ejections
0% survival.
Genetic sequencing under way for species relocation.
With technological means of viewing the future...these predictions, verified by EBE-2,
End

11:37 PM
(Back in my room)

"What the f*** was that? Did you get that on tape?"
."Jim! Play back the last few seconds."
"""
"The most beatiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art, and.. science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, ..(or) marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed

Kallas

AndrewTheSinger

Indeed! I'm gonna try that regression thing as soon as possible, without shrooms though  :-)
Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com

kiwibonga

OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006

Stillwater

This quote is taken from an article citing a paper by a Mr. Hamilton, which contains mention of the same T-Tauri star event mentioned in the hallucination/ extra-body experience in the article found by the first poster:

QuoteWhen we say that the sun may begin to behave like a T-Tauri star, this does not mean that the sun transforms into such a star.  The gas and dust accumulation that could occur around the sun may cause it to behave like a T-Tauri star which could lead to a significant increase in infrared radiation.

Full article here:

QuoteExopolitics & Galactic Studies - Sun Storm: Could our sun nova?
by Bill Hamilton
Skywatch International

Astronomers are learning more about our mysterious star we call the sun.  The sun is a huge fusion reactor that slowly fuses hydrogen nuclei into helium nuclei.

Our sun is a medium-sized yellow star that is 93,026,724 miles from the Earth.  This distance also determines a measure of 1 Astronomical Unit.  This distance varies over a year.

The Sun's core can reach 10 to 22.5 million °F. The surface temperature is approximately 9,900°F (5,500°C). The outer atmosphere of the Sun (which we can see during a solar eclipse) gets extremely hot again, up to 1.5 to 2 million degrees. At the center of big sunspots the temperature can be as low as 7300 °F (4300 K, 4000 °C). The temperature of the Sun is determined by measuring how much energy (both heat and light) it emits.

The sun has been determined to be about 4.5 billion years old.  The earth and the sun are of the same age having formed at the same time according to existing theory.

The sun emits electromagnetic radiation and charged particles. Frequently, the sun will flare and brighten and an explosive flare will emit the energy equivalent of  millions of 100-megaton Hydrogen bombs.

Stars like the sun are considered to be stable over their life cycles.   The outward pressure of gases in the solar wind balances the inward force of gravity.  Lucky for us.

Novas

From time to time a white dwarf star will accumulate too much hydrogen gas from a neighbor and this results in a tremendous explosion of this gas shell that brightens the star in the heavens.  This is what we know as a nova.  It usually occurs at the final stages of a star's life cycle.

Yet, do we know all that we need to know about novas?  What happens if a cloud of hydrogen gas of unusually high density were to engulf our sun.? Could a mini-nova result in the expulsion of a shell of gas that would burst like a firestorm through the solar system?  Although it seems unlikely, studies of ancient history seem to indicate variations in solar output that may have produced catastrophic changes on earth. Even today, a variation in solar luminosity is occurring and scientists report that the slight increase in solar output may be contributing to climate change and global warming.  There is some evidence that some of the other planets in our system are also experiencing warmer temperatures and climate change.  These changes could be the result of increasing accumulations of cosmic dust through which our solar system is passing.

Deciphering the Mayan symbols seems to point to a coming catastrophe in the the winter solstice of our year 2012 that involves changes in our sun and its effects on the earth. This is such an immense subject that my research on it continues in spurts.  To summarize the predictions it can be said that a recurring event may cause the change in our sun.  That event, known as the grand crossing, is synchronized to the precession of the equinoxes.

This is such an immense subject that my research on it continues in spurts.  To summarize the predictions it can be said that a recurring event may cause the change in our sun.  That event, known as the grand crossing, is synchronized to the precession of the equinoxes.

Here is a description of that event:

"Is there something significant we should know about the Winter Solstice date of December 21, 2012? Yes. On this day a rare astronomical and Mayan mythical event occurs. In astronomic terms, the Sun conjuncts the intersection of the Milky Way and the plane of the ecliptic. The Milky Way, as most of us know, extends in a general north-south direction in the night sky. The plane of the ecliptic is the track the Sun, Moon, planets and stars appear to travel in the sky, from east to west. It intersects the Milky Way at a 60 degree angle near the constellation Sagittarius. The cosmic cross formed by the intersecting Milky Way and plane of the ecliptic was called the Sacred Tree by the Maya. The trunk of the tree, the Axis Mundi, is the Milky Way, and the main branch intersecting the tree is the plane of the ecliptic. Mythically, at sunrise on December 21, 2012, the Sun - our Father - rises to conjoin the center of the Sacred Tree, the World Tree, the Tree of Life..

The galactic center and the Great Rift contain  great clouds of hydrogen gas and dust, the substances out of which stars are formed. These clouds partially block our view of the bright stars that crowd the galactic center.

The great rift of the Milky Way begins near Deneb and extends SW deep into the southern Milky Way ending near Alpha Centauri. The dust clouds of the rift are probably 1,000 light-years distant in Cygnus, and approach us in Aquila, Scutum, Sagittarius and Scorpius, where they are only a few hundred light years away.

The Eagle Aquila is dusted with dark nebulae, ancient star cities, stellar outbursts and the faint puffs of exploded stars. Aquila is on the celestial equator and cuts through the great rift of the Milky Way where it runs NE - SW. Aquila is poor in clusters, rich in faint planetary nebulae, and loaded with dark nebulae.

This rare astronomical event, foretold in the Mayan creation story of the Hero Twins, and calculated empirically by them, will happen for many of us in our lifetime. The Sun has not conjoined the Milky Way and the plane of the ecliptic since some 25,800 years ago, long before the Mayans arrived on the scene and long before their predecessors the Olmecs arrived. What does this mean? "
(from: http://www.crawford2000.co.uk/maya.htm)

Many do not think that anything special will happen, but others believe that the Mayans recorded significant events and used precise calendars to forecast the recurrence of periodic cycles marked by special events.

Why would the intersection of our sun and solar system with the Milky Way's equatorial plane constitute a noteworthy event?

"The auspicious year of 2012 indicated in the long count calendar illuminates the fact that the Precessional movement of the Winter Solstice Sun will gradually bring its position into alignment with the very center of our Galaxy. For the Maya, this is like the last stroke of Midnight on New Year's Eve; only in 2012 the New Year is the New Galactic Year of 26,000 solar years. The Galactic Clock will be at zero point and a New Precessional Cycle will begin."
(from: http://www.kamakala.com/2012.htm)

Maurice Cotterell has studied the Mayan, Egyptian, and Incan lost sciences of the sun and has  determined that the sun goes through cycles of magnetic reversals and changes of direction.  He believes that the ancient calendars show how the earth was destroyed 5 times due to the sun's twisting magnetic fields.  (from: http://www.mauricecotterell.com/synopsis06.htm)

The last piece of the puzzle that may explain why the sun will react to this event comes from Dr. Paul LaViolette in his book, Earth Under Fire.

"In a nutshell, the book is about LaViolette's dissertation subject, being [about] the effect of periodic galactic core explosions -- the period being roughly 26,000 years -- which send out shells of cosmic rays (chiefly in the form of electrons moving at near light-speed) that are hundreds to thousands of light-years thick (the thickness being the duration of that particular galactic core explosion).  The effect of this constant blast of cosmic rays -- once the shell hits our solar system which is 23,000 light-years from the galactic core -- is to push interstellar dust into the inner solar system (the dust is normally kept out by the pressure of the solar wind). The result of this dust is very major, in a number of different ways, including 1) increased flaring of the sun in the style of T-Tauri stars, 2) a downshift toward the infra-red in terms of the solar radiation reaching the Earth, and 3) a significant deviation from normal in terms of the total solar energy reaching the ground.

The last shell passed the Earth roughly 14,000 years ago, marking the end of the last ice age, and causing all the major physical changes recorded from that time."
(from: http://www.etheric.com/LaVioletteBooks/EUF-reviews.html)

Protostars which are starting to blow away the gas and dust surrounding them are called T-Tauri stars. The warm dust remaining around T-Tauri stars still radiates in the infrared. There is evidence that the remaining dust and gas surrounding T-Tauri stars form rotating disks which may mark the beginnings of planetary systems.

When we say that the sun may begin to behave like a T-Tauri star, this does not mean that the sun transforms into such a star.  The gas and dust accumulation that could occur around the sun may cause it to behave like a T-Tauri star which could lead to a significant increase in infrared radiation.
This paper does not explore this theme in depth, but is meant to point the way to further research.  While it is uncertain that minor changes in the sun will eventually lead to major consequences, and while it uncertain that interpretation of Mayan prophecy or prediction is correct, the fact is that evidence exists that earth has gone through periodic catastrophes and extinction events in its history and that major changes in climatic conditions have occurred and will reoccur in the future.  Research may reveal to us how the sun has played a role in both catastrophic and extinction events of the past and how, by further solar studies, we may predict the sun's wild weather.

Now as I see it, the close correlation between the two suggests three distinct possibilities, which I give in no particular order:

1) The author of the first article fabricated the whole story after reading the Hamilton piece

2) The author read the Hamilton piece, and subconsciously recalled it while experiencing his mushroom induced state, forgeting he had ever read it

3) Both Hamilton and the other author are correct, and this event is likely to occur

I am not sure which is correct. Perhaps someone else has other knowledge that may be of use?
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

riddled_skies

Those are good theroies Stillwater. I think the first one is highly unlikely, i don't know of anybody that would go to that kind of trouble just to make up a story. I think what he experienced was real as far as he knew. The second and third theroies seem the most likely to me, although not so much on the second one.

i also have a thoery for ye:

-He and she were severely hallucinating. Yes, i know, he was regressing, but you noticed how those memories of other people's lives were from the woman? She was not regressing, as far as i know, she was just trippin with him.

Kinda ruins the excitement if you think about it, but it is still a damn awesome story.
"The most beatiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art, and.. science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, ..(or) marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed

kiwibonga

Quote from: riddled_skies on December 19, 2006, 21:02:03I think the first one is highly unlikely, i don't know of anybody that would go to that kind of trouble just to make up a story.

What kind of trouble? Taking mushrooms and writing 3 pages of text? Think about it... The internet is full of people looking for attention, I don't find #1 that unlikely...

Also, remember that 2012 is taking more and more importance, it's the next "end of the world" -- it's possible that a lot of disaster scenarios picked up by psychics are actually just people's fears... As we get closer and closer to the date, more and more people will learn about it, and stress levels will go up. The collective consciousness will progressively get filled up with all this emotional energy from thousands of people, and when you try to predict what's going to happen that year, you mainly pick up that radiation.

So indeed, what he says is believable, but there's really no telling whether it's the truth...
OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006

Stillwater

I am more inclined to the second two possibilities, as I tend not to consider people liars unless they say something I know to be blatantly false.

The rest of the story is plausible, as I know of numerous cases where people have been able to recall the lives of others in the past, and have later had the accounts check out with historical documents and/or witnesses to the deceased, and most of these cases apparently leave little room for forgery.

But yes, with all the confusion surrounding 2012, it is hard to say what is truly the substance of the matter.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic