Nothing is going to happen 2012

Previous topic - Next topic

grzazek

Nothing is going to happen in 2012. There is no Mayan prophecy about 2012. In addition to the Chol Qij the Mayans have various other calendar counts of lesser mantic importance. One of these is the Long Count, which is a continuous count in days since August 9th, 3114 BCE. The Long Count will reset to zero-zero-zero-zero-zero on December 21, 2012. But this is just a major calendar change – their equivalent of Y2K – with no more spiritual significance than the change of millenium had for us. This 2012 thing is being touted by some non-Mayans as a kind of New Age version of the Rapture: a miraculous transformation of human consciousness which sweeps humanity up into the clouds to escape the coming tribulation. But things don't happen that way in real life. If there is a fundamental transformation in human consciousness, the way it will probably occur is that the environment and civilization will deteriorate over the next few decades. And then people will draw together and open their hearts to one another, as they do in the face of any natural catastrophe such as an earthquake or flood. When people lose their faith in the system and start listening to their own hearts is when the system will change.

http://www.whatismagic.com/mayan-shaman ... ansky.html

But then again, Nothing=Everything...

http://viewzone2.com/endtimex.html This website outlines some of the basic changes that WILL be experienced in 2012, a fascinating read.

By some amazing coincidence, not only will we be intersecting with the Galactic Equator, but we will be doing this precisely aligned with the center of the Galaxy where there is maximum mass! More mass means more gravity. More gravity means more influence from those barycenters in our Sun. That means exponential increases in solar disruptions -- all coinciding on the same day!

Personally I would like to see electronics go down on a global scale, which is possible from large solar flares. To see our world plunged into total anarchy would only be a fair repayment for the way we have let our earth burn.

Xanth

I agree with you, nothing will happen.
HOWEVER... we now have this huge public conscious awareness.

We might have to live through a "self fulfilled prophecy" type scenario.

Unfortunately, someone is going to do something and then try to pass it off as the doomsday thing.  >_<

It doesn't matter what ends up happening, anything more than NOTHING is going to get huge headlines everywhere.

blis

All through my childhood I had not quite recurring dreams but dreams that were set in a reccuring environment. It was glasgow, the city where I'm from, but very different from the city as I know it. It was, well... sort of like in a post appocalyptic film. Buildings were in a bad state of repair, alot of them falling to pieces, alot of them not standing at all. Not many people about.

Most of these dream were me trying to travel across glasgow to find family/friends. It was difficult though as a lot of the city was under water. It was only as I got older that I realised that the places that were under water were the lower parts of the city. In places it was as if the sea had extended inland. The wierd thing is that even though I was a child at the time, in the dreams I was an adult. I still have a fairly good mental map of how that glasgow was layed out.

I've had semi-prophetic recurring dreams that have played out so I'm half expecting something big to happen in my life time. When I say semi-prophetic I dont mean dreaming of things that have happened,  but normal dreams where there are people who I know as a good friend in the dream even though I've never met them in real life. Then years later I've met the person and become good friends with them.

I've kind of got a theory that you can access the normal everyday dreams that you're going to have in the future. Like the place where dreams take place are outside of linear time so the future ones are already there for you to stumble upon sometimes. This isnt a strong belief I have or anything, just an idea.

So as I said, I'm half expecting something big to happen in my lifetime. I'm not making any predictions but 2012 seems as good a date as any. I could be totally wrong of course.

grzazek

Quote from: Xanth on September 01, 2010, 09:46:36
I agree with you, nothing will happen.

Sorry thats not what I was saying, that is one opinion but the article I posted to outlines some changes that WILL ACTUALLY happen in a galactic sense, not changes that we will be aware of though. But hopefully EMP from the sun or something downs all our satellites, or blacks out the world wide power gird.

blis, I too have had 'prophetic' visions. I had hallucinations of a timer counting down, which tied in with other hallucinations/dreams seems to real to discount. What was being counted down though, who knows.

Fresco

Quote from: grzazek on September 01, 2010, 02:37:45
Nothing is going to happen in 2012
Thats what I think too.  It will just be another Y2K.

Worry about the catastrophe's you dont see coming, not the predicted ones, those usually dont pan out.....LOL

Xanth

Quote from: grzazek on September 01, 2010, 18:44:52
Sorry thats not what I was saying, that is one opinion but the article I posted to outlines some changes that WILL ACTUALLY happen in a galactic sense, not changes that we will be aware of though. But hopefully EMP from the sun or something downs all our satellites, or blacks out the world wide power gird.

blis, I too have had 'prophetic' visions. I had hallucinations of a timer counting down, which tied in with other hallucinations/dreams seems to real to discount. What was being counted down though, who knows.
Ok then... then I agree with the first statement of your initial quoted section.  :)
QuoteNothing is going to happen in 2012
^

:)

grzazek

TBH I think the day will pass like any other, but theres nothing wrong with a lil' wishul thinking :-P

kailaurius

What happens in 2012 is not relevant to the present moment.  It is now very apparent the major shift in consciousness that is reverberating across the globe, thanks in no small part to the Internet.  There's no doubt that a major awakening is taking place all throughout society, and is increasing exponentially.  An individual would have to be incredibly hypnotized or mesmerized by mainstream society and mainstream media not to recognize the changes that are already taking place on all levels.

I don't have any interest in making predictions, but for the sake of entertaining this thread, if I had to guess, I have a feeling that before December 21, 2012 has a chance to even arrive there will be many more very significant changes taking place within a short period of time of each other that 2012 will eventually no longer be an issue or relevant, or even in the minds of anyone.

Stillwater

QuoteAn individual would have to be incredibly hypnotized or mesmerized by mainstream society and mainstream media not to recognize the changes that are already taking place on all levels.

Well, thankfully I don't own a TV, so I don't have to worry... but maybe still hypnotized, who knows? What changes in particular do you have in mind? The world is changing all the time- in which regard do you think the omens lie?
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

kailaurius

Quote from: Stillwater on September 02, 2010, 00:07:34
Well, thankfully I don't own a TV, so I don't have to worry...

Ahh yes, very nice.  The absence of television is... what's the word?  liberating I guess?  Well, it's just nice.  :-)

What changes in particular do you have in mind?

The change that more and more individuals and communities are gaining the interest and desire to reconnect with each other, nature, the planet, and all Life.  The change that more and more individuals are beginning to realize that there is no such thing as a leader or institution that can solve our problems or enhance our lives.  Many are now realizing we are responsible for anything and everything we experience.  There is a growing interest to turn to each other and work together selflessly without the expectation for reward or payment.  The realization is beginning to set in among many that protesting in the streets and shaking our fists at our institutions will not solve anything, but rather does nothing but exhausts our energy and distracts us from what really matters.

Transition towns and intentional self-sufficient communities are growing in popularity.  They're springing up everywhere.  And while it may be true that several of these intentional communities try to escape to some remote land away from mainstream society believing they are setting a good example for society, there are many people and communities who have already realized that the transition needs to happen in the already existing communities and cities.  People are gaining interest in community gardens, yard sharing, permaculture, and many other activities that engages people to work together.  At every passing moment we are losing interest in all our institutions which include our governments, corporations, religions, etc., and we are gaining interest in reconnecting with each other, which is quickly decreasing the relevance of institutions.  All this and many more continues to spread across the planet.  There is definitely a great awakening taking place.  8-)

The world is changing all the time-

Yep, that much is for certain.  But it's always in spurts or waves.  There is a rhythm to everything.  We are experiencing a major shift in consciousness at this very moment that will most likely continue for quite some time.  I have no doubt that even the Renaissance will pale in comparison, if not already, to the shift that is occurring now.

Stillwater

QuoteYep, that much is for certain.  But it's always in spurts or waves.  There is a rhythm to everything.

That's just the thing, though- the changes of the present mirror changes that have occured many times in history. It is impossible to say that the present is more significant than these past changes, as for one the changes today have not completed themselves, and cannot be viewed as a whole, and for another you probably did not live through those other movements, and cannot directly compare them to today.

QuoteThe change that more and more individuals and communities are gaining the interest and desire to reconnect with each other, nature, the planet, and all Life.  

This has happened so many times accross so many cultures it is basically universal to human culture. Let's just look at the U.S. as an example:

-1990 or so: massive green movement and awareness of global warming
-1970's: movements toward communal living, ecological awareness (watch "Easy Rider")
-Late 1960's: Hippy era of flowerchildren and "free love"
-Early 1960's: Awareness of corporate destruction of land, Silent Spring
-1950's: New interest in Eastern religions
-1920's: Dadaism and disillusionment with industrial culture
-1840's-1890s': Homespun religious revivals and communal living "utopian" movements
-1790s' to 1840's: Romantic poetry, people like Coleridge calling for a return to nature

From this short little timeline, you can see that we are not living in times that are new in that way. I do think that it is a wonderful focus for humanity to take, but I cannot say it has never happened before.

And the present threats to the environment are without a doubt the greatest yet known, while the vast majority continues with indifference. Corporate hands are stripmining the earth, and a couple people are talking about 20% more efficient cars, and how we can better recycle what the corporations give us. I am afraid the trends of today look more like a Ragnorok than an Age of Aquarious. We have brought a straw army to stand against tanks. If there is to be any change at all against today's problems, we would need awareness, interest, and intent one hundred fold greater- it would have to be so great as to consume the interest of every citizen.

Stookie

QuoteIf there is to be any change at all against today's problems, we would need awareness, interest, and intent one hundred fold greater- it would have to be so great as to consume the interest of every citizen.

I agree with this. It's one thing for people's ideas and awareness to change, but people need to change their entire lifestyles and break patterns - I don't see this happening. If your awareness is expanding to include other things, but you keep the same hum-drum daily patterns, things won't get any better.

Capt. Picard

You can see the pattern going right until the 70s or 90s with "communal" living and global "warming", both of which are government BS and awareness of which will not help us or the environment. Anyways, I doubt anything is going to happen, for example, New Orleans was flooded as well as Pakistan right now. A natural disaster could perhaps flood Glasgow, which could be what you were seeing, but I doubt a literal global apocalpyptic scenario is going to happen. Even if the solar flares knocked out the power, it would probably be temporary. Anyways, the whole going green and global warming movement is about the government gettin excuses to tax us for things they will not actually solve, and the "environmentalism" movement has scary implications for the future (restricting various human behaviours in the name of saving the planet). If you do some research, you will also see the debate is far from over whether the Earth is even warming, let alone if thats being caused by man or a natural process. Not trying to rant just saying global warming theory and environmentalism in its current form is little more than government BS that will be used to restrict even more freedoms, and the science they use to justify it is flawed and politically motivated. I'm not by any means saying the environment is in good shape, im just saying we should research the leaders of these movements and their "scientific" evidence before we hand over money and freedoms to them.

kailaurius

Quote from: Stillwater on September 03, 2010, 04:57:13
That's just the thing, though- the changes of the present mirror changes that have occurred many times in history. It is impossible to say that the present is more significant than these past changes, as for one the changes today have not completed themselves, and cannot be viewed as a whole, and for another you probably did not live through those other movements, and cannot directly compare them to today.

This has happened so many times across so many cultures it is basically universal to human culture. Let's just look at the U.S. as an example:

-1990 or so: massive green movement and awareness of global warming
-1970's: movements toward communal living, ecological awareness (watch "Easy Rider")
-Late 1960's: Hippy era of flowerchildren and "free love"
-Early 1960's: Awareness of corporate destruction of land, Silent Spring
-1950's: New interest in Eastern religions
-1920's: Dadaism and disillusionment with industrial culture
-1840's-1890s': Homespun religious revivals and communal living "utopian" movements
-1790s' to 1840's: Romantic poetry, people like Coleridge calling for a return to nature

From this short little timeline, you can see that we are not living in times that are new in that way. I do think that it is a wonderful focus for humanity to take, but I cannot say it has never happened before.

Yes, you are correct.  There have been many movements before this one.  Perhaps I am being a bit biased because of where I desire to maintain my focus.  It is true that it would be difficult to tell at this present moment whether the current changes we are going through will be more significant than the others as we are still in the middle of this one.  I guess I am hoping that it will be.  However, emotions such as hope and want is an emotion I have no interest in attaching myself to.  I am sure it is my ego that desires peace, freedom, happiness, and the hope that this change will be much more significant than the others to the point that world peace has finally been achieved.  Also, as you have said, we have not personally experienced the much older movements such as the Renaissance and the ones you mentioned, so the comparison I made is most likely not very valid or even relevant to the present moment.  All that really matters is what we are experiencing at this very moment.  For myself personally, I welcome any and every event that I experience as an individual as well as a collective, whether it is perceived as horrific, mundane, or joyful, while continuing to maintain my focus on peace, happiness, Unconditional Love, and selfless service to all Life.

And the present threats to the environment are without a doubt the greatest yet known, while the vast majority continues with indifference. Corporate hands are stripmining the earth, and a couple people are talking about 20% more efficient cars, and how we can better recycle what the corporations give us. I am afraid the trends of today look more like a Ragnorok than an Age of Aquarious. We have brought a straw army to stand against tanks.

Yes, at the same time our outlook currently does appear to be bleak, and while it appears there is an awakening taking place throughout society, there is still an incredibly vast majority of people who are either not aware of what is going on, do not care, or are too complacent and do not wish for things to change at all and will fight to keep it that way.  Personally I feel that things are moving along just as they should.  Universe always maintains a perfect balance at all times.  If no one else wakes up and the current transformation or transition movement were to stop increasing or go stale, and if things keep going the way they are then society is most likely headed toward self destruction.  There is no doubt we are over consuming and destroying all our natural resources.  Earth has never had a problem sustaining the population within our modern recorded history, but as it is today this planet just cannot sustain almost 7 billion individuals dependent on industrialization that is totally out of harmony with the planet.  As it is throughout all life, if a group of organisms are not in harmony with it's host then one of 2 things will happen.  Either the host will die, depending on the significance of the collective disharmony, or the host will heal itself and the organisms will die.  It is crucial that we re-harmonize with nature and the planet, and I feel many are beginning to realize this and are moving towards this.  But the question a lot are asking is are enough people realizing this fast enough.  Will there be enough time to reverse the damage we have already inflicted?  Personally I feel so.  If not, then we'll just keep moving on else where.  There's really nothing we should regret or agonize over, because this is all nothing more than a learning experience.  As always life continues on as we are indeed immortal beings, and this life we are experiencing within the physical realm is a very temporal experience.  Personally, I would prefer that we learn from the conflicts we have created and are currently creating so that we can evolve into a much more advanced, free, peaceful, and unified global society.  Again, I feel that everything is happening just as it is intended to.  I believe everything is playing it's part the way it should be played so that balance and harmony is maintained.  I am quite sure everything will work itself out no matter how dire our situation may be perceived.

If there is to be any change at all against today's problems, we would need awareness, interest, and intent one hundred fold greater- it would have to be so great as to consume the interest of every citizen.

Yep, I agree.  And it's quite possible that may very well happen.  I often read throughout the Internet that it would take some major event like a catastrophe or some alien invasion or some alien rescue from the "Powers that Be", or an ascension process, or major solar flares, or Planet X, etc. to change the current destructive self serving behaviours and attitudes of mainstream society.  Even though I am witnessing an awakening process across the planet I also sometimes can't help but feel this would be the only way that society as a whole will wake up and reconnect with each other and this planet.  As I said earlier, everything balances out, and I believe that out of our own greedy, self serving, materialistic attitudes we are creating the situations necessary to learn, grow, and develop into a harmonious and peaceful society.  I believe we need these oil spills and corrupt, conspiring institutions to wake us up out of this destructive hypnotic spell that we have allowed ourselves to get into.  I do not believe that an alien invasion or rescue or some solar flare will change us.  I strongly feel that we are the only ones who can change ourselves, and I feel that is exactly what will happen.  I believe that out of serving the demands of our ego we will be creating our own catastrophe, or at least a very imminent perception of a very closely approaching one, that will finally force us to become aware of what is going on and what we need to do.  If an alien race such as "The Galactic Federation of Light" and other advanced alien light beings I keep reading about were to swoop down just in the nick of time and save us from our own self destruction then what would we have learned?  We would be denied our learning experience.  Even if we totally destroyed ourselves to the point of extinction from this planet, it is still a learning experience nonetheless.  Again, the choice is ours.  We could very well be headed towards death and destruction, business as usual, or world peace.  The funny thing is that from my perspective it would appear we are heading towards all 3 at the same time.

Whether there is world peace and harmony in the next few years or 50 years, I strongly believe that there will inevitably be world peace... with or without humanity.  It is the natural flow of life.  All life naturally flows towards peace and harmony.  This concept can be difficult for most of us to comprehend because we have been in a state of conflict for thousands of years now, so it is all we have ever known.  There is no record of world peach anywhere in "recorded history", or at least I haven't heard of any.  Also, since birth we have been conditioned by mainstream media, society, and our institutions to believe that world peace is impossible.  The majority feel that peace cannot exist within a society divided by all the different cultures, borders, religions, and strongly held belief systems.  Well, like all other dis-eases, that will not last.  A cancer can survive in a human for months to years.  Twelve thousand years or more of duality is barely a blip in the history of this planet.  And while it may currently seem like we are nowhere near global unification it might be comforting to know that we are living in exponential times.  Everything is speeding up.  Not time, because it doesn't even exist.  But events are speeding up.  Events are occurring more frequently and closer together.  There's this thing I keep reading about called the Fibonacci sequence that occurs all throughout nature and applies to all aspects of the Universe, or at least the physical part of the Universe.

Anyway, I didn't intend to write such a long post, hehe.  I wanted to write more, but I'm out of time.  :roll:

grzazek

kailaurius you have great insight!

Mass destruction of our population would be interesting to see.. Imagine if everyone's focus switched from Foc1 to Foc3 at the same time. The collective humanoid conciousness would be incredible if we all existed in that environment. Such a massive shift in conciousness would make Foc3 almost physical but without our limitations of physical laws, and everyone would be free to 'practice' being creator Gods in Foc2 in the privacy of their own homes.

Capt. Picard

What happened to rationality? Grzazek, you are either sick in the head or some type of new age astral fanatic who thinks destroying the world would be good cause then we'll all be in f3 forever. You dont actually know that, for all you know humanity will just reincarnate on a crappier world with less efficient bodies, or a warlike culture who knows, you dont, so im not sure why youre so obsessed with the destruction of our home world. You have no attachments to this planet at all? Not physical or spiritual? Whats wrong with you, I know about the NWO and how oppressive our governments are, but I still think Earth and the physical in general is a great place worthy of respect.

Xanth

I'm not sure that being in Focus 3 "forever" would be that bad.
In any case, there are still an infinite number of other Focus 1 realities we could go to to learn.  :)

grzazek

Quote from: Capt. Picard on September 05, 2010, 22:39:14
What happened to rationality? Grzazek, you are either sick in the head or some type of new age astral fanatic who thinks destroying the world would be good cause then we'll all be in f3 forever.
Incorrect actually I would not do anything to physically harm our planet, It's beautiful, the architecture especially. That aside, we are over populated, and if I could kill off a number of people I would, to restore some sort of balance which, ATM, is greatly misaligned.

Quote from: Capt. Picard on September 05, 2010, 22:39:14You have no attachments to this planet at all? Not physical or spiritual? Whats wrong with you, I know about the NWO and how oppressive our governments are, but I still think Earth and the physical in general is a great place worthy of respect.
Of course I do, as I said before, our planet is beautiful. If I could leave society forever to live in the bush, I would. Only, I don't want to be alone and who else would give up what we've got? Not many people..

Fresco

Does anyone know what exact month excrement is supposed to hit the fan in 2012??
Or is it one of those "it can happen anytime in 2012" deals??

Xanth

Quote from: Fresco on September 06, 2010, 09:36:58
Does anyone know what exact month excrement is supposed to hit the fan in 2012??
Or is it one of those "it can happen anytime in 2012" deals??
December 21st, 2012 is supposed to be THE day.  >_>

Stillwater

Mayans sure know how to ruin Christmas... and about astronomy, blood sacrafice, empire building, an all.

But mainly ruining Christmas.

Fresco

Quote from: Xanth on September 06, 2010, 10:25:23
December 21st, 2012 is supposed to be THE day.  >_>
Oh crap,  means we have to wait almost a full year at the start of 2012  :-P

Capt. Picard

Quote from: grzazek on September 06, 2010, 02:44:56
Incorrect actually I would not do anything to physically harm our planet, It's beautiful, the architecture especially. That aside, we are over populated, and if I could kill off a number of people I would, to restore some sort of balance which, ATM, is greatly misaligned.

I stick by my original statement.

DH

This all sounds like the apocalyptic BS (recycled) I heard back in the 1960's.  And here we are.  Anyone want to join me for a beer on December 22, 2012?
God created the Universe for His 7th grade science project -- and got a C.     - Swami Beyondananda

Fresco

Quote from: DH on September 10, 2010, 01:16:30
This all sounds like the apocalyptic BS (recycled) I heard back in the 1960's.  And here we are.  Anyone want to join me for a beer on December 22, 2012?
I agree, its dejavu all over again  :-P

I always say dont worry about predicted catatastrophe's, but rather the ones you dont see coming.
Thats why I always keep a 3-month supply of freeze dried food in my house