News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Quickening and 2012

Previous topic - Next topic

Synergy

Art Bell talked about this topic endlessly... I read about it in a book by David Wilcock called Shift of The Ages.  Basically they say that time is speeding up more and more, and that in 2012 it will culminate in time as we know it (linear) collapsing.... and I have noticed more and more recently, that time just goes by so fast. They say that right now we are experiencing a 24 hour day in what used to be about 16 hours.  We don't readily notice it because all of our points of reference have also sped up (the sun/moon cycle, the earth orbit, the seasons... everything)   I often find myself thinking though 'wow, it's been 3 months since... already' etc. 

Has anyone else felt this speeding up of time?  What's your take on it?  Do you think that time as we know it will cease to exist?  Is that why the Mayans stopped the calendar on this date? To add to this.... Wilcock mentions psychics who can obtain information from future dates, who have tried to gather information from beyond dec 21, 2012... without success.  They said it was like a barrier that stopped them from looking further than that. 

My Site: SPIRIT-QUEST An OBE community w/ mbr jrnls, ebook lib, music dlds, video, forum & more! 
Read my free 105 pg OBE E-Book

Awakened_Mind

Whether 2012 and the eschaton occurs or not, we are definitely evolving toward some kind of bottleneck where a lot is going to be discarded. A massive social transformation due to changes in consciousness.

If you look at the evolutionary leaps in consciousness, monkeys over millions of years, tribal over hundreds of thousands, cultural over thousand etc, you'll notice each leap occurs in shorter and shorter time frames. An exponential or asymptotic approach on a graph.

I'm not sure whether time is going past faster or not, they say it is speeding up but there's a few problems with that notion. Have we asked a innocent man in prison whether he thinks time is speeding up? It's a matter of relativity. Secondly, the human brain can only process information at a given speed so I'm not sure how we would see a world that is speeding up. I don't think the birds will start flying faster and us talking a million miles an hour while some point of vision in our mind is watching it like a movie. This is really why the notion that 'time is speeding up' is quite weak to most people. We can't see it, but the theory makes sense.

Yes I am more and more saying to myself "Where are the years going?". I wouldn't attempt to quantify 24 hours squashed into a now 16 hour day. How did they come up with this figure? Who is 'they'?

I take the idea of evolution pretty seriously when it comes to 2012. In that view, it's not that time will cease to exist and more that we will realise that it doesn't exist to us anymore. Our level of consciousness will exceed the physical-temporal dimension and enter into eternity. We've discussed this as the current physical world acting as a launchpad to the human soul into higher dimension. Metaphorically of course.

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

Stookie

As you get older, time seems to go faster because you have lived longer. To a 3 year old, 1 year is 1/3 of their life. That's a long time in proportion to their life span. To a 50 year old, it's a much shorter period of time. In this sense I think it's normal for a person to believe that time is increasingly moving faster.

morning_star

I don't know.  Sometimes time seems to change.  I had a dream recently that time stopped existing in the near future.  It was kind of scary because I couldnt move or do anything. Everything I knew was lost.  Though I think it had more to do with releasing fear about the concept of infinity. Anyway, time was deactivated by the Phaistos Disc...or the Mayan Calendar...whichever one is made of gold. I didn't really look at the symbols too much.  By the way, I have looked past 2012.  The future is and isn't written at the same time.  It's a difficult concept to grasp.  Destiny and Choice seem to co-exist in peace.

Old Dood

That is food for thought morning_star.

Interesting.  Makes one think. (err...no, I am not making fun...just in case anyone thought I was)
Time will Tell...
MY SPECIAL PURPOSE

Gandalf

When you mentioned the Quickening, I thought you were talking about Highlander!

Maybe that's what 2012 is about: (que Sean Connery accent) 'the Time of the Gathering..... when the few who remain will battle to the last... no one has ever known that we were among you... until now'.

(Que Queen score) 'HERE WE ARE... BORN TO BE KINGS... WE'RE THE PRINCES OF THE UNIVERSE'
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Stookie

YES!!! I was so hoping that Christopher Lambert would be there too!