THE crash of all crashes

Previous topic - Next topic

mon9999

Quote from: personalreality on June 09, 2010, 23:58:58
there is a clip in waking life where an old man points out that we haven't evolved culturally in more than 3000 years.  Intellectually we are essentially the same as the ancient greeks. 

the only difference between us and apes is that we have better toys.  but culturally, socially, emotionally.......well.....

I thikink were far more worst today! socailly and emotionally!! watching those disturbed teens with no respect to others even to themselves! not just teens I guess..

CFTraveler

Quote from: mon9999 on June 10, 2010, 09:51:48
I thikink were far more worst today! socailly and emotionally!! watching those disturbed teens with no respect to others even to themselves! not just teens I guess..
Read 'Oliver Twist'.  And then, just for kicks, read the original version of Peter Pan.

personalreality

who wrote that social commentary about eating irish babies?

i don't remember.
be awesome.

solarity

Quote from: personalreality on June 10, 2010, 10:11:10
who wrote that social commentary about eating irish babies?

i don't remember.

you mean that one that was supposed to be like a solution for starvation? let me dig around..

here you are.. http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html - A modest proposal by Jonathan Swift (1729)

solarity at your service, *bows*

personalreality

be awesome.

Liminalitus

That won't last long. They think they're tough excrement - you think they'll tolerate how they treated their parents from their own kids?

Psilibus

I was a disturbed teen once. Now I'm a disturbed adult.

personalreality

I was never a disturbed teen.

I was a little piece of excrement though.
be awesome.

Psilibus

I'm assuming you have improved since? :|

personalreality

lol.

well considering that was only 4 short years ago.......

actually yea i think so.  i'm honest now.  i'm sober now.  i care about people now.

i think i was always a very compassionate and just plain nice person.

but when i started getting high i didn't care anymore about others.  i just cared about getting my fix.  you know.
be awesome.

Psilibus

Lessons learned I'm sure. All part of the plan. Sounds like there are many good things in store for you. Right choices open doors.

I'm still disturbed though, despite right choices. I think I like it.

mon9999

Well back then I was also suicidal and disturbed too, but was never into drugs, fortunately now Its the total opposite of who I was before! I have a strong zest for life and a very cheerful person now!  :-)

Psilibus

Mid-life crisis. Wanting change. Currently creating that change but find some of the obstacles are more difficult to overcome than when I was younger. Oh, I am a genuine, honest and loving person. Kind to the bone and hard working. Love my family and am proud of what I have accomplished. Something is missing though. I think that is what brought me here. It's more than just learning and sharing. It is a pursuit. A slow race to the fantastic. I have given so much to others over the years I need to learn to give to myself now. Not greedily of course but in that pursuit of intellectual and spiritual goals. Write a book. Peruse the Akashic records at will. Learn to play the guitar. Eliminate debt. Travel more. Resume the deep meditations which enriched me in my youth. Lose about 50 pounds. Start drawing again. Develop regular patters of behavior that wash away long standing bad habits.

I guess that is not so disturbing, is it? Giving the "crash of all crashes" a slap in the face through personal development and growth.

solarity

not at all, you're certainly ahead of 99% of the others, in my opinion.

vipassana

Quote from: Psilibus on June 13, 2010, 09:26:25Giving the "crash of all crashes" a slap in the face through personal development and growth.

That's all you can do. And it's the best thing you can do. Observe the rest.

Psilibus

personalreality

I had my mid-life crisis at 15.
be awesome.

Psilibus

Don't worry there will be another. It is worth it though.

Stillwater

QuoteI had my mid-life crisis at 15.

Haha, me too. Life was drastically different in a single month.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

personalreality

you seem rather sure of my psyche mushroom man. 

i don't really see the need for another mid-life crisis.

i would imagine that i will have plenty of revelatory/life altering periods, as i do that anyway.

whoa.....sorry to change the subject, but i just had an energetic experience that i can hardly explain.  i just had an energy surge through my heart center that felt like the biggest shot of dope i ever did.  i'm tingly all over.  i'm very familiar with energetic surges, it happens to me quite often and my psychic awareness (awareness of the non-physical/physical overlap) expands.  daily usually.  but this was different.  intense.

ok, sorry.

i always saw a mid-life crisis as sort of a personal spiritual awakening.  an undeniable urge to truly follow one's heart.  most people are  suckers who follow their childhood indoctrination until one day their spirit says "slow the fvck down sir, take a look at your life, is this you?".  Well i already had that experience.  I think that any further experiences that i have would be expanding on that initial awakening so i don't think i would classify them as life-crises.
be awesome.

Psilibus

:-)
PR -

Not sure of your age but I think I have almost twenty years on you in that regard. That does not mean I am more of this or more of that. I don't believe age implies anything but experience. I think that once you are looking at your mid forties you can look back and see that what you believed in your twenties and thirties was not quite what turns out. That is not a bad thing. By "mid-life crisis" I was merely joking about that term and its supposed implications. I could die tomorrow and that would put my mid life around twenty-two so who knows really.

And hell no I don't know your "psyche".  :-)

I know only what I see in the form of text and that is in your control only.

The original intent of this thread is important though. There are those things "we" really have no control over. The world will do as it does. The effects of that impacts us all. It creates change whether we like it or not. We can rebel. We can fight and argue. We can choose to try and ignore it, play it cool. We can run from it and dream of being somewhere else or above it all. Regardless, "we" are in it together. Let us light the path for others to follow. Slowing down now is not an option.

Crisis=Opportunity.

personalreality

be awesome.

vipassana

What a difference 5 weeks makes. This oil gusher is insane. This is a far worse problem for humanity that an economic collapse, although that is still going to happen. One thing I have noticed in my 2+ years of dabbling around in this spirituality stuff is that I have developed my intuition and I have learned to observe feelings and emotions, as opposed to letting them control my behavior. It's really quite fascinating. There is a very strong sense of panic developing in the collective conscious regarding this oil spill. Things are going to get ugly very soon. We're talking weeks. I was skeptical of this being an accident from day 1, and now I am certain that it was deliberate. The secrecy, the media blackouts, the lying, the lack of efforts to clean it up. The only thing we can do is be aware and observe. I can't help but be ticked. To have the full impact of knowing you are born into this world and brainwashed from the get-go, and that humans are capable of so much more, is ultimately enlightening and yet enraging at the same time. There is still so much ignorance and apathy. People might be waking up, but they aren't doing it fast enough and in the numbers needed. I've found that when I meditate, answers will come to me. I simply asked why did this oil leak have to happen. My response was because it is a test. The powers that be know humanity is waking up. They want to know to what extent. People really do create their own reality. This oil could stop now if enough people came together and simply asked the earth to heal herself. If the force behind this oil is seeing that people still do not know the true nature of reality, that they still have the blinders on, then it is full-steam ahead.

I wish I knew what to do next. I'm confident I will figure it out. I'm going to see this entire drama through to it's conclusion. I think many others who come to this board will also figure it out. I feel like I am here to help people get through the impending changes. I'm ready for whatever happens.

personalreality

have you not had oil glaze shrimp before?!

it's the best.  i've never had better shrimp in my life.

it goes great with a glass of oil beer.
be awesome.

mon9999

Bottomline: the more balanced your energy, the kinder, optimistic and functional you become. The more blocked your energy, the more selfish, violent, negative ordysfunctional you are