News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

15 hours sleep

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

Hey guys, I had a night where I didn't sleep at all, ended up reading about 85 pages from some book that supposedly explained the science behind the law of attraction, but it ended up rambling about quantum physics and philosophical history which I couldn't deal with so I put it down. Anyway that's not the point, I ended up staying up, so at a normal time the following day, say 1:00am I went to bed. Woke up at 10:30pm so I got about 9 and a half hours sleep. Ended up sleeping again until 4:30pm which added 6 hours, so I ended up having 15 hours sleep.

So I'm worried now, is this really bad?

Xanth

Bad for what?

You probably felt "more tired" oversleeping.

But that's not "bad"... in what context of "bad" do you mean?

Jdeadevil

Bad as in unhealthy really. I mean, I've been told it's very bad for you to over-sleep. I can't explain my paranoia 100%, it's just I feel like I'm really damaging myself.

Stillwater

I don't know if any significant damage was done... I mean it isn't a habit so it can't aggregate any negative effects too badly.

Yes, you would feel a lot more tired when you wake up, but I would say it is a sympton of exhaustion more than anything.

When I was in architecture school there were extreme tasks asked of us, and it was common for people to pull 5-12 or so all nighters in a given month. Afterward, people would sleep for 15 hours for a week in a row. It is pretty hard to explain to your Chinese language professor that you slept through you 2 pm class because your architecture work destroyed you, lol.

And on that scale, yes, it is extremely unhealthy. But one instance is an example of exhaustion.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Mini stapler

I shouldn't think a one off would cause any problems. I've had sleeping patterns well outside of the 'norm' throughout the past 8 years depending on my study and working hours, and I'm perfectly healthy. I think... :lol:

Jdeadevil

Thanks for the input guys :)

roman67

You were feeling tired so you slept for 15 hours. I don't see anything abnormal in that, it's indeed normal.

personalreality

If you sleep 15 hours every day you might have hormone imbalances or something, but otherwise, it's not a problem. 

be awesome.

Blazewind

It sounds to me like on the first night you ended up behind on the amount of sleep you would typically get... so you caught up on the second by getting extra hours in.  Who knows, you could have been a bit behind from other recent nights too.  If you are still concerned over the matter, I'd say why not try to adjust the sleep cycle a bit by going to bed at a planned hours and intentionally getting up eight or so hours later with an alarm for a couple of mornings.   

Contenteo

A sleep scientist would say you have broken your 'sleep hygiene' and seriously messed with your circadian rhythm, but all in all, if you try to get back on track and do, no harm no foul.

You could be in for some tired and cranky days up ahead, but hey, we've all been there.

Cheers,
Contenteo

Pauli2

Playing computer games for long period of times causes temporary insanity,
mostly due to the lack of sleep.
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

majour ka

Paranio will only prevent you from sleeping, trust me I know lol, but lots of sleep now and again will not harm you in anyway at all.

Just listen to your body, some times we need more sleep than at others, if you really get out of sync theres an amazing app or book and CD by Paul Mckenna called I can make you sleep, its great for insomnia or just helping re establish a good pattern  8-)  z z z z z z z zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

walleck

I m quite agree with"Bad as in unhealthy really. I mean, I've been told it's very bad for you to over-sleep. I can't explain my paranoia 100%, it's just I feel like I'm really damaging myself."
walleck