Ecstasy of Saint Teresa, or how I came to experience Primal Union with Creation

Previous topic - Next topic

Kzaal

Well I guess I pop'ed in some kind of way, I just bought 5 books on the tao, I Ching and Daodejing and reincarnation, so I guess I'm gonna have a lot of reading to do but it's amazing so far!
Sometime you just gotta do something that is out of your comfort zone (for me I never liked reading any books).
That probably will give me a taste in reading and I may enjoy it far more than what I've expected.
And it may answer a couple of questions I still had on my mind!
The partial becomes complete; the crooked, straight; the empty,
full; the worn out, new. He whose (desires) are few gets them; he
whose (desires) are many goes astray.

Bluefirephoenix

Well what I experience when that happens is irritation then giving in then a massive energy surge that lasts for a couple days. It's accompanyed by new changes.. in vision projection other things too. It's like a spiritual growth spurt. I get cranky when it starts building up.... poor hubby.

Stillwater

The I Ching is simply a tool for Chinese prophecy.

Also, why five books on Tao?

Read the first 2 sentences of the first one!

"The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named is not the eternal name"

Just messing with you though, that sounds like fun. Read the Zhuangzi if you haven't already, it is the best of the lot by a long shot if you ask me. The Zhuangzi is like written music to me.

I can relate to the period of tension. Eventually something happens everytime.

"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Kzaal

Quote from: Stillwater on December 07, 2014, 18:20:02
The I Ching is simply a tool for Chinese prophecy.

Also, why five books on Tao?

Read the first 2 sentences of the first one!

"The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named is not the eternal name"

Just messing with you though, that sounds like fun. Read the Zhuangzi if you haven't already, it is the best of the lot by a long shot if you ask me. The Zhuangzi is like written music to me.

I can relate to the period of tension. Eventually something happens everytime.

Well most of the books I bought are just like, meditation with the tao, and to be honest I didn't even know what the I Ching was, in the beginning I thought it was like the Tao but another way to see it, instead I found myself with a prophecy book and teachings on how to use the yin and yang to predict stuff hahaha. Also a book on Reincarnation and Immortality. I Ching so far looks really interesting tho.

Edit: And those books were pretty cheap, like the I Ching was $12 for a brick of 360 pages. So I just grabbed it XD.
The partial becomes complete; the crooked, straight; the empty,
full; the worn out, new. He whose (desires) are few gets them; he
whose (desires) are many goes astray.

Stillwater

Yeah... What the I Ching is... you count patterns of Yarrow sticks, and there are something like 64 possible outcomes. You then interpret what that outcome means in your situation.

What it amounts to is a way for a Chinese mystic 2000 years ago to ask their ancestors for advice. It is a marked improvement over the previous way, which required the mystic to take a hot poker to the shoulder blade of an ox, and read the way the bone cracked.

Selski

Such a beautiful opening post - and thread. I read the whole thing yesterday morning and it really lifted my spirit.

Thank you to all who contributed.  :-)
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Stillwater

Thanks a lot!

Pretty powerful happening, to be sure.

I have learned a lot about it over the couple years after, and I mean to get around to writing about it at some length pretty soon.

It is sort of a difficult topic, partially because... I think a lot could be written that does seekers more harm than good if misunderstood. I don't want to put anything out there that will cause anyone any trouble.

Selski

Quote from: StillwaterI have learned a lot about it over the couple years after, and I mean to get around to writing about it at some length pretty soon.

I'd love to read that when you get time/inclination/inspiration!  :-D

I can understand your reluctance in revealing the actual process (and that's not what I'm personally interested in), but would love to read what you have learned. I shall keep an eye on this thread in the coming weeks/months.  8-)
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.