News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

A couple of tracks by me

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeaK

Here's two tracks I've recently finished. Both made with FL Studio6.

The Waves Calming Inside
This track is a little down-tempo, ambient tune. Length: 5:31. edit: 5:53 second edit: I removed the link due to "illegal" content

Pure Rain.
This track is a bit tranceish, but still somewhat ambient. It lacks any saw-melodies, so it most certainly isn't the basic trance-music.

I'm trying to learn all the time, by doing things myself, and of course trying to listen to other people too, so any criticism is highly appreciated!

Thanks!

ps. If you want to hear some more tracks, you can always pm me. (or if anything else comes to your mind)

edit: Now There Was Nothing New There But Something Was Wrong.

edit: Something Made Sound, We Stayed and Listened.

edit: Time Addict.

edit: Negate Magma.

edit: The Past.

Kallas

SpeaK... those are both very nice tracks, love the ambience :D

SpeaK

Quote from: KallasSpeaK... those are both very nice tracks, love the ambience :D

Thanks, Kallas.

And heh, now when I look at my message again, I see I actually posted a different song I was going to. :P

Instead of "The Waves Calming Inside", I had this song in mind:

Now There Was Nothing New There But Something Was Wrong.
Again, it's still an ambient/down-tempo piece. Length: 5:31.

Kazbadan

Nice musics speak! I prefer more the pure rain, just because of the style. Ambience-chill-out-like musics dont atract me much, so thats the reason i prefer pure rain, but the other one is very good too, well constructed.

The sounds that you use to build bothe musics are great and very well "layered" or conected if you prefer ( i am using these terms because i dont know anything about technical details on music :)).

I would like to learn how to make musics too. Can you give me an help by answering these questions? Here goes:
1-) What software would you advise for someone trying to
a) create trance (goa/psy, like Infected Mushroom)?
b) house
c) drum and bass

2-) How did you make the voices on the 1st music? Where did you get it? Recorded yourself speaking?

3-) What you think about the following software:
a) Cubeace (i dont know how to spell/write the name)
b) Cooledit pro2
c) Traktor ( i think that this one is a mix table)

thanks
I love you!

SpeaK

First of all I must say, whoops. I wasn't supposed to add "The Waves Calming Inside" at all here, since the speech in it is spoken by Frank Mulley (hypnotist1). I asked for his permission to keep it in my track, but he hasn't answered, so I don't have the rights for it. Sorry!

Secondly, thanks for your compliments runlola and Kazbadan! I really appreciate it.

And to your questions Kazbadan:
1) I don't think genres are so much linked to the program you use. :) You can do pretty much everything important in every music-software, so it's more up to the style of the program you prefer.
Some programs to make music with:
Cubase SX
Sonar
Orion Platinum
FL Studio (my personal favourite)

2) Yeah, the speech is by Frank Mulley, and I don't have the right to that speech, so I removed the link from my first post. Whoops. ;)

3) I've tried Cubase, but it was not for me. It might be for you though, so don't trust my opinion. ;) Cooledit Pro2's newest version, Adobe Audition2 is pretty nice. I use it for some mastering and finalizing of a track.
Haven't used Traktor.

Kazbadan

Thanks for the tips ;)

Sorry about that question of Frank Mulley! I couldnt imagine that would make you to remove your music!
I love you!

SpeaK

No heh, I'm glad you asked about it, otherwise I'd be sharing illegal stuff here. So, it's for me to thank you. ;)

LittleNinja

I'm a little bit late, but I thought I'd comment on your two songs that I've had a chance to listen to, Speak.  Both of the songs "Pure Rain" and "Now There Was Nothing New There But Something Was Wrong" are absolutely amazing pieces of art.  I love both of the songs, but "Pure Rain" is the one that caught my attention the most.  There is something about that song, and how it just gravitates my mind toward blissfulness like some of those binaural tracks I've listened to a year ago.  Oh no, the song is not the same as those binuaral tracks, it is just that that song brings me to a similar state.  When I listen to "Pure Rain," I can feel certain parts of my brain reacting to the music, particularly the back of my brain and the frontal cortex area.  Anyhow, both of these songs are keepers. Good Job, Speak.  :thumbsup:  :nod:

SpeaK

Whoa, thank you very much LittleNinja! I'm very glad you liked the tracks. :]

SpeaK

Sorry to double-post, but I just made a very short track, improvising with my flute. It's all ambient. I'll probably make more flute music and ambient in the future, but now I just wanted to release this.

Something Made Sound, We Stayed and Listened.

Thanks for any criticism and comments in advance.

Grigori

Just wanted to say I luved "Pure Rain" :thumbsup:  it was absolutely wonderful :grin: I'm on dialup so mp3s take forever to download but I'm really happy I got it :grin: and thank you very much for creating and sharing :thumbsup:

I dropped your other pieces in my downloader and hopefully I'll be listening to them by tomorrow! :grin: Great Work!!!  :thumbsup:

SpeaK

Cool, I'm really happy you like it, Grigori. And whoa, dial up, hehe, haven't seen one of those in a while. ;D

But, a big thanks for taking the time to listen to my music. (and for the positive comments)

SpeaK

Ok, another track finished. This one I made in one night, with a great amount of inspiration. :P

The track:
Time Addict

Length: 3:43
Genre: Umm... Soundtrack? I have no idea.

On a side-note, if a moderator would be kind enough to change the topic description from "a little downtempo, a little trance", or whatever it was to just plain nothing, I'd be thankful. edit: Whoops, I'm used to forums when you can't change the topic thingie yourself. :P So, nevermind, got it now.

Sunn

i really like this.. its a mix of boards of canada and um... something i cant put my finger on.. very good though

and on a technical side of things its very well mixed down.. are they all computer based?

good job mate

SpeaK

All is computer based, except the flute. Thanks for the comment. :)

Kodemaster

Hey Speak:

Just wanted to let you know I listened to your trax and they sound great!

Best,

Jen
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

SpeaK

Thank you very much, Jen.

Right now I'm doing a dub-ish track, which I'm very excited about. :]

SpeaK

Finished! :)
Negate Magma

Yeah, it came out dub alright. :] Listen for yourself. Length: 5:23

SpeaK

Hooray for triple posting!

I'm thinking about making a kind of an "album", and just finished the intro track for it:

The Past.

The style is very ambient, and then later on with the track, a bit dubbish. Length: 7:01.

SpeaK

Hooray for quad-posting! (or something...)

Finished another track: Parallel Lives.

Length: 5:06. Kinda dubbish or ambient, don't really know.

Tell me what you think. :)