News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

A New Experiment

Previous topic - Next topic

Fwewyu Tìomumä

So, I've decided that I'm going to stay up for as long as I can starting tonight. I've been up for 16.5 hours so far, and I hope to stay awake until Sunday sometime.

I'll keep you guys posted on how I'm doing and if I experience any strange side effects  :-)

Contenteo

I've done this a number of times. I think the 'best' part hour 28. Exhaustion turns into over exhaustion and your body doesn't have enough strength to be sore. Besides being tired, you are very relaxed in this state.

Best! Talk to you in the morning :P

Cheers,
Contenteo

ChopstickFox

Oh my... Personally I love my sleep, but I admit that a few times I have stayed up a few days straight, dare I say it, out of a bizarre mix of curiosity, boredom, and perhaps a college paper that needed to be done. Eventually I'd hit a point where I'd stop being sleepy... then... crash.

Good luck and don't forget to stay hydrated ;P And don't push yourself too much...
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Szaxx

Lets see how you do.
My personal best is for 32 hours. It doesn't sound like much but it starts with a 300 mile night drive mostly unlit roads. A stint of 'WORK' at a 'secure location' then a 300 mile drive back.
I was nnnnnnakrrrd.
Not bad being 40+ at that time.
Almost mission impossible  :wink:
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Fairywindblues

Once, I stayed up for two days and two nights straight (45-48 hours or so, give or take.) when I was laying down to go sleep on the end of that second night, I just couldn't fall asleep! I ended up staying up for another few hours or so until finally falling asleep. I basically became so tired that the tiredness went away... if that makes sense. I felt like my body started functioning in auto pilot mode, which took up less energy. Mentally, I was not there 100%, but I was capable of my usual daily tasks, and it stopped being exhausting, and just started being automatic. Of course, I was feeling very loopy and in a state of delirium at this point. It was kinda fun.  :wink:

Fwewyu Tìomumä

I am currently at 27.75 hours, and feeling a whole bunch better than I did 3 hours ago haha! I almost fell asleep 10 times in my computer science class, but I perked up right at the end.

I've never done something like this before, but I'm gonna try to rely only upon myself and not stimulants to stay awake. I'm planning on staying awake until Sunday morning, but who knows if I'll actually get there  :-D. I've got a heavy load of classes next week so I don't plan on staying up past Sunday.

It's been quite interesting so far...time has gone much faster than it usually does. I am having trouble with thinking of words for things, but that's ok, I don't talk much anyway.

Fwewyu Tìomumä

Well, I lasted 43 hours; I've got stuff to do today so I figure that I'll quit and go take my brain off the frying pan lol.

roman67

I stayed up at 26 hours now and it was a wonderful experience for me.

Barnowl

Well done...what an experiment.

I can only (loosly) envy you. (and I mean that in a nice way)

Theoretically, it's good to have some sort of sleep deprivation training, I suppose, in case a disaster takes place...(and I live near a river, so sometimes in can rise up and you are on flood alert...and naturally, nearly always at the early hours of the morning)

However, I've done the complete opposite in the last month, and have tried to get a good 8-9 hours of sleep during the weekdays, compared to the last 9 years, where (due to stress and anxiety, and my job) I would get 4-5 hours tops

Between the two, I choose more sleep than less sleep any day of the week. That feeling of pure freshness (if you get what I mean) is a feeling that you can't beat!

However, well done for what you did. I can appreciate the relaxed aspects when the body was really tired. (not sure if this is by design, but I'm sure it is)

:-)
Please 'Like Us' on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/YourSpiritualSuccess

Please 'Subscribe' on Youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/doddy23

astralnaut1

oh i decided yesterday to get rid of sleep... its a waste of time plus i have nightmares. just few minutes of mind programming and it should work.  :evil:
mental layer by layer combat sux

Fwewyu Tìomumä

It was a great experience for me. After 24 hours all the soreness went away, and I felt pretty good. But I found that if I stopped doing something, like right after finishing a computer game, if I didn't start doing something right away I lost my focus and could easily fall asleep. But once I got going, I felt just like I had gotten a normal night's sleep.

I think that if a disaster happened most people's bodies would be able to do whatever they needed to, which is a comforting thought.