News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

A terrible hynagogic experience please help

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan McDougall

Hi,

Maybe someone can explain this unpleasant experience I have been having lately (years ago I also had it) I go to sleep and then in a semi -paralyzed state of awareness I feel an unbearable pressure in my head to the point of it exploding, then my whole body feels as if it was in the grip of some monstrous hand squeezing me to death. At the same time, I become very sexually agitated trying in vain to copulate with some unknown long forgotten woman that I had no particular affinity. Guys about the sexual peace I am a grizzled old veteran long past this type of adventure

I really hope someone out there can help or explain.

I try to move my arms through what seems  very thick almost liquid air, in vain at the point of what I think is near death I awake, thinking what the heck!! was all that about??

Alan
Take Care

Alan

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

Alan, do not worry at all.  The hypnagogic state  is a bit of a grey area; i.e. neither scientists nor OBE'ers know if anything is for real or not.  I personally think it's a combination of astral and hallucinations.  Dr Waldo Vieira's book Projectiology defines it as (Greek: hipnos, sleep; and agogos, conductor) - "the transitional twilight condition of the consciousness that characterises the somnolent interval between the ordinary, physical waking state and the state of natural seep; the altered state of consciousness introductory to natural sleep, characterised by oneiric images, hallucinatory visions and representations with visual and auditory effects, due to exacerbation of the imagination".  He also goes on to say that the hypnagogic state is an ideal opportunity to project.

I used to have loads of them when I was younger - like someone or something heavy pressing my chest.  My teachers at IAC recently told me that it's when your body falls asleep before your consciousness leaves it - because as you know we leave our bodies every time we sleep, most of the time just hovering above it unconsciously (and for the lucky ones like yourself consciously astralling around the universe!).  I recently had an unpleasant hypnagogic experience and posted it on this forum which you might be interested to read http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_experiences/trapped_inside_my_body_by_an_astral_being-t27653.0.html;msg228752#msg228752

The way I comfort myself is that I should not expect this journey (of enlightenment) to be smooth sailing.  There will be unpleasantness and obstacles in the way but through determination I will get to a stage when I will happily project every night!

Venus :-D
"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet." Rumi

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet." Rumi