News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

A thought about Allanon

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenacious

You are correct in your thoughts.  However- I was mocked, picked on, etc in middle school, and I never even thought I was better than anyone else, or even tried pushing my thoughts on to someone else.  See what I saying?  Anywho-Allanon appears to have gone away...?  I jkust don't think that we should continue to talk about it as it may anger some :)  Lets go AP instead! [:P]

-Tenacious[:P]
-Tenacious[:P]

"The most interesting people in the world are those you do not understand" -Me

Akensai

I can understand people being upset at Allanon, but i think some people go very far, if im not mistaken i have read more than a few "Shut Up....(and more of this kind)".

Now that i think about it, i take back "I can understand people being upset at Allanon,...", people should be glade Allanon came to this forum, we should be hounered (.. or hounerd ?),i have learned alot of the debates he started and it really made me think what i actually belief(which i still dont really know tho),besides his post arent that bad (remember kibeginnersnightmare, now he was anoying).

And anyone whit rock sollid beliefs has no reason to be upset and anyone else has a chance to learn.

Well atleast thats what i think about it.

Narrow Path

I thank we all need to be thankful that we live in the United States and have a Right to worship as we please. (for the moment)

Spirit_k9

That's right Narrow Path (Allanon)!  In -most- democratic countries you have the freedom to believe as you wish.  You should remember that at the exact moment you are typing condemnations and promises of damnation to those that do not think exactly as you do.

You've got the right to believe as you like, just as I have the right to disregard all preaching....and I do, and will. [:D] Screaming it louder or typing it in caps won't make any point more valid either, but being an intelligent sort I'm sure you knew that already. [^]

I'll either be nice (I define the above as being nice) or I simply ignore it and move on. You've stated your opinion on the christianity issue many times now, in different ways and in different threads with different topic titles. Will there ever come a time when you accept our freedom to believe as WE choose?

Narrow Path

YES!! Of course I think you should believe whatever you choose. God is not in the business of making people worship Him. But ignoring Him can have consequences as is all too evident in our sin torn world.

This world is not a tackle box. We all affect each other and if one part of the system is bringing down the rest it is the responsiblity of the parts that work to fix the whole.

Narrow Path

Think of an olympic athlete for a moment. He trains and sleeps and eats on a perfect schedule in order to reach the goal of victory. If the coach sees him every Friday out smoking a cigarette because "he is interested in that lifestyle" is that a good thing for him to be doing? Is the coach going to say, "ok go ahead and smoke just be at practice early in the morning tomorrow".

NO WAY. The coach is going to grab that thing from his mouth and say "look sizzle chest you are just hurting yourself partaking of this stuff. Stick to the Way, Truth and Light of the plan for victory. You dont need to smoke to see what it does. Look to that bum over there. He is sickly and unhealthy. Now dont do it anymore cause I want you to win nutty butt!!!!!!"

That is why I just say it is best to avoid occult phenomenon. It is not making you or anyone else stronger or happier. It just confuses you and makes it so you never are able to believe the Truth.

Spirit_k9

quote:
The coach is going to grab that thing from his mouth and say "look sizzle chest you are just hurting yourself partaking of this stuff. Stick to the Way, Truth and Light of the plan for victory.

That's the coach's belief system, and he just forced it on the athlete. After all, he knows the truth and he's assuming the athlete does not, nor is interested in seeking it for himself. Coach here is making some major assumptions based on his own beliefs, and of course the only way to the truth and light is HIS way.....yup.

[;)]

Narrow Path

Objective of the Athlete is VICTORY.
Job of the coach is GUIDANCE.

Result. Avoid that which seperates you from the GOAL.

Objective of the seeker is GOD.
Job of Jesus Christ is GUIDANCE/MEDIATOR.

Result. Avoid that which blinds you from the power of TRUTH by listening to the MEDIATOR even when you think you are Right!!!

Stick to the Narrow Path and you will not fail!

Spirit_k9

I know what the objective is.....coach.....LOL.

I understand the need to feel as though you are 'saving' people too, however most here are on their paths and are doing OK, even the ones with a lot of questions. (can't get close to answers without those)

I've met quite a few people that wether they intended to or not, worked overtime setting themselves up as peoples saviour, or the word I despise most, their "guru";  

quote:
Result. Avoid that which blinds you from the power of TRUTH by listening to the MEDIATOR even when you think you are Right!!!

Now at least those with sense know what you are and what you aspire to be. I'll leave it at that.

Narrow Path

I am not the Mediator and I am not the coach. That is Christ!!

I am the equivalent of a leprosy inflicted bum in Bellavue!

Just believe in Jesus!

Spirit_k9

[:D]Insert
Ok, the first half I'll believe LOL!! Kidding of course...

....but don't demand that I believe in anything, and don't presume I believe in nothing.

You just worry about yer own arse, I got mine covered thankz! I'm thinking now that this topic falls under what Adrian posted in the sticky, have you read that? (world Religions)

beavis

Thief/Murderer "I am not in the business of making people give me thier stuff."
"But ignoring me can have consequences"

Allanon "God is not in the business of making people worship hIM.
"But ignoring hIM can have consequences"

chill

Maybe we should - well, that's only a suggestion - maybe we should all be nice to Allanon, or not say anything at all, no reply. I know that some of you have been nice. And that some of you have responded with anger - speaking from the heart, which is great, if you ask me.

Being 'nice' in my book is avoiding sarcastic remarks, a condescending attitude. Why ?

Because those people who are very 'hot' with Christ usually have a tendency to think that when they are persecuted they are closer to Jesus, because Jesus was mocked, whipped, condemned, crucified, and so forth, and the first Christians were persecuted (wrongly, I know). They might be right, they may be wrong, in feeling that the persecution means that they are closer to God, and that knocking on the doors of 'unsaved' souls, ot souls that are on the wrong path, is what is happening when people mock, laugh, and are sarcastic.

This has deep roots. When you are condescending toward him, moking him, I, for instance, happen to hear 'Satan-like laughing' in my head, I don't actually hear it, I am imagining it, and I sense that this is the sound that Allanon might hear. Might hear.

And this will make him more 'hot' (as opposed to most of us, who I think, are pretty lukewarms), which is not a bad thing in itself, but it will (I think : unfortnately) feed this complex of 'persecution' that I think Allanon feels. As if he had been warned that his 'mission' was to come here and meet with the lukewarm-toward-Christ members of these 'occultists' forums, where everyone seems to be ruled by all kinds of esoteric laws and their ego. All 'set in their ways' indeed. Aren't most people very 'set in their ways' and too 'grown-ups' in their mind, indeed ? Condescending remarks, and sugar-coated sarcasms are like Satan laughing at him.

Does that make any sense ?

I am not saying that he's not condescending himself. He is. He might very well be Mr Self-Righteousness. But you only provide a self-righteous miror back if you are condescending yourself. Try to look beyond and see that this guy has the best of intentions, and remember what I sayed about my christian 'persecution complex' theory.

[:)]