News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

about to break...

Previous topic - Next topic

Qui-Gon Jinn

Hi Felix,

after rain comes........   well you know the end of that one.
I will give you an advice which I strongly believe is the key to shake of a down mood - DO NO FIGHT IT!!   Accept fully your feelings and the thoughts which make you feel down, it is alright and they won´t harm you.
 Try to think you feel like this for a purpose which you cannot see at the moment, and know you´ll feel better very soon.
It is nothing wrong with you, the vast majority of people have their ups and down - shifting...    just like the cycles of nature....  it is natural...  sometimes our mood goes a lil bit deeper down than it "normally" do, that´s when being rich on perspectives comes in and saves the day.  Seeing the negativity experienced in a new light, from different angles, and eventually with help from those perspectives, which allows you to see the sun (which always shines) - dissolving the clouds.

I just finished a book last night, by my #1 favourite author, Dan Millman, heard of him?  The book was "Laws of Spirit" (in swedish; Andens Lagar), and somehow I feel that one may be what you want to get your eyes on right now my friend...  it should be in the library I think.
   It will help you look at your present situation in a very powerful way I think. I felt after closing the last page last night; "Man, this is the only ´guidebook´ I "need" for the rest of my life!!"  I know if I can live by these laws, I will forever live in peace...  and they are very easy to understand.
  I recommend reading that one if you can get your hands on it, tell me what you think when done okay?

And remember, no one is perfect, and no one ask you to be perfect, not even "god"(whatever definition you wanna give him/her/it).
Everyone of us is "created by god", and god, well god simply do not make junk!!  

PS. Did I use the word "should" back then did I? (doesn´t "reason" with me), when I talked about spiritual development, mentioning my main goal in life is spiritual development (which is very "broad" should I say). After all, spiritual development and experiences from this life is the only thing we bring with us when we "goes" I think...  

Be well //Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -

Rob

I don't know your lifestyle at all but these are all helpful things, do hope they help:

- Get some exercise in! Exercising helps break down toxins which otherwise build up your body making you feel all http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_dead.gif" border=0>. It also releases positive ones making you feel http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>
- Buy pot plants and put them in your room...that is, plants in pots...not ganja. Rosemary is supposed to be very good at clearing up negativity (read some of Nita articles for some good ideas on herbal magick, leaving appropriate bits around the room to absorb unwanted energies)
- You have two choices - meditate (consciousness raising?), pray for help and guidance, go spiritual and/or concentrate on daily materialism and hedonism to try and drown out your feelings, keep yourself occupied. Both help stabilise you in some way. I used to smoke huge amounds of pot, but gave up a few months back. Then a couple of weeks ago I was feeling really depressed, pretty awful (had been for quite some while, very down most of last term, don't even know why), so I bought some, and smoked up. All my emotions, including the bad ones, vanished. Now this is not to say you should do the same, but just to illustrate that things like alcohol, drugs and such-like can be used sensibly to forget depressions and generally blotch out emotions. Short term solution anyway.
- Try and hang around people that are uplifting rather than make you feel down
- Examine your lifesytle carefully - the music you listen to, food you eat, things you spend your time doing all have effects on you mind, body and spirit, eg happy music uplifts you, and vice versa.
- Certain energy exercises are meant to drain negativity from your body. The one imagining thick black sludge (negative energy) is draining out of your feet and then a brilliantly white light above your head is pouring energy in is good for this. Also raise energy up through your primaries and then into the space above your head, draw it down around you and then ack into your feet and up again helps strengthen the aura.
- Do you know why you are feeling so bad? If not pendulum divination is useful to determine the exact cause (or in my case causes). Then apply the appropriate countermeasure or whatever. I found lots of negativity was coming my way from the a**hole that I am living with, so I shielded myself and quickly felt better.

Like I said, I was becoming more and more depressed last term and the causes were all slight but built up together, so know it can be quite a testing time. I wish you all the best anyway! Like Qui-Gon said, life truly really does have its ups and downs, and I think humanity as a whole is on a downer at the moment and has been for a while. Hang on in there.....I hear that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, and we come out of it wiser and more knowing. Although I have yet to see this first hand, it kinda makes sense.

(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

distant bell

First of al, thanks guys-!

Yeah, I know that after sun comes rain- It´s just that one feels really down no sunshine tomorrow seems to mater. I actually live a very helthy life, and go to the gym four times a week- and I know if it wasn´t for the gym I would probably feel alot more miserable- it´s virtually impossible not to get in a good  mood when training.

I actually tried the alcohole therapy thing last night.. I drank alot of beer and listened to depresssive music- and today I feel better- but there whant be any going to the gym thoug :)

I guess both of you are in my situation- in the student years- perhaps not relly sure what to do with life, what to work with in the future- bad economy, and all of those things that go with the student life.

Sometimes I really just don´t see any point with it al- that´s probably the main point. I feel pretty much like Harry Heller in the Steppenwolf ( If anybody would not have read this one- read it!!)

It´s the feeling of comedy about everything- everything seems shallow and silly- and still one is meshed up in society, and to a certain degree participates and puts value in some things too. But Even then you have a naging ironic voice in the back of the head that tells you that all those small everyday life things really are redicioulus... and dosn´t mean anything from a higer point of view..    

Richard- I´ll go down to the library today and take a look at Dan Millmans book!

Inguma- Are you feeling happy againg or are you still on working your way up?

Be blessed!

-- Love is the Law - Love under Will --

Qui-Gon Jinn

Hey,

if I were you, I wouldn´t continue with the alcohol "therapy", that´s taking the easy way out, well not really a way out...  it just make things worse than it needs to be, even if it mean you might forget about certain things for a short while.  
 I would compare that almost with taking drugs (mushrooms) to project, perhaps they will help you "project" but it wouldn´t be a "good" projection I reckon´, + it would be like cheating....  

I am in your situation when it comes to being in the "student years", not sure what to do with my life, bad economy and those stuff - sure!!
   But you know - very few know exactly what they want to to with their life and perhaps that is for the best,  meaning one is open for ever might "come"...   ...those who plan life into the tiniest (sp?) detail, I think will only get dissapointed, cause it never turns out the way you want and think it would turn out...  the trick to live happy no matter what the cicumstances I reckon is to develop the attitude; "whatever I get, is precisely what I want", and to trust everything happening is meant to happen, for our higher good even if we can´t see it right when it happens...  even if it might not be so all the time - it sure make life 10 times more enjoyable..   sometimes when I don´t feel "100% sunny" I think to myself that EVERYTHING that has happened in my life up til this point, including times when I think I have made a fool out of myself etc., has served the best possible purpose for my personal "evolution" (perhaps I´ve even contributed to someone elses when doing something I perhaps am embarrassed of), and that NOTHING else should have happened.  That usually do the trick and I instantly go to a more peaceful and happy state of mind.
Perhaps this last thing is hard for some people to do, but I have learned to do it on will pretty much and I tell you, it is VERY helpful...

How is your doggie by the way Felix??

Be well //Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -

Rob

Hi again!

Well I actually live in the Falkland Island, which is where I go almost every holiday to see parents and generally chill out. So when I was depressed last term, at the end I just went 7000 miles away where there is little pressure of any kind, nothing to worry about, going out for lots of walks, purifying myself etc which is pure therapy for me. I just got back a few hours back, so I shall see how this term unfolds. Yeah, I'm a student, doing engineering and I don't think I really want to be an engineer, but I am in one of the best mech eng school in the country and everyone expects me to pull something good out of it all. Talk about pressure. What I think I really want to do is move to the caribbean and become a fisherman, or go live as a monk in some mystic monastry. But then I am sure there is a reason I am where I am - namely I am a lazy MFer, and being where I am gives me a chance to correct this, nomatter how much I dislike it (lots and lots). So yeah, same as qui-gong, when I am down I do try and remember that I am sure it serves a higher purpose, which is nice but it doesn't change how I feel. I just hang on t the hope that it will all be over one day. Whether that is sometime in 2012 or before, I don't know. The world is a crazy and often rediculous place, cos thats how people make it I guess.

with love
Rob

(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

distant bell

Hi!

Richard- well, the thing with alcohol therapy was a one night thing only, and it actually worked quite well. Usually I don´t touch alcohol- I´m almoust an absolutist... Never drink, newer smoke- lI am a real health freak, Live on low fat, low sugar veggi food. But hey, spring is coming, my dog (Dio) has gotten a nice spring happines- and it´s actually starting to rubb of on me.

I generally share your wiev on life, even though I don´t really see a point in it. But the thing is this Usually I have the ability to just laugh about almoust any
bad thing that happens, and see it with the eyes of the divine comedy- because to me life is in a way wery comic- because I see life more as a wierd theater of some kind.

I actually feel like I´m about to fall back into my cheerfull happy self again. One thing that really helps is exercise- I have decided to go one hundred percent for exercise now- I would really love to be super well traind... then I could use the summer for haiking and biking.

Inguma- Yeah, the pressure from the studies is abit hard sometimes. I have the great joy of studying something that I really love- religion history. But the sad thing is that my studies never will lead to a work of any kind :( , so the idea of moving to the south and become a fisherman might be the thing! :)

Falkland islands- that sounds wery exotic !

Blesse ya al!

distant bell

I have been relly down the last days- and I feel Iike I was about to have a  mental break down any minute... I know as Qui-Richard says that life should be about spiritual development- but right now I just cann´t use my mind for any usefull activity- I´m just too caught up in some wierd mentall grey blanket.
I know this is kind of a pathetic post....but I really have no where else to turn right now. And by god I could need some positive ideas- this is really getting to me.

dose anybody have any good ideas on how to get back up on the bright side? some thought or what ever that could help.

Bless ya al!