News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Am I the only one who has an issue with Nostalgia?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

I hate it, when I'm reminded that I have accounts on dead Internet forums or accounts on dead social networking sites like Bebo and MySpace with friends that I have long forgotten and that have long forgotten me, I find myself in an emotionally light-headed state of both emptiness and confusion. I'm always trying to remove memories of the past, even if it was memories of the middle of December from people I still talk to. When I go through something eventful I always make a major change in my lifestyle or home to remove myself from memories of such incident or event; like breaking up with my girlfriend of two years, or graduating with my foundation degree.

I'm starting to feel uncomfortable using this computer as the last time it was formatted was long before I started doing my Game Design BTEC back in 2009.

I'm trying to move forward as much as possible, with my interest in writing and looking forward to this job I have a good chance of getting, but I seem to be someone who absolutely despises bringing himself back into his younger self.

I'm a believer in the law of attraction and I'm entirely convinced it the personality and curiosity I had in my youth that lead me becoming potential friends with people. But because I'm so much different now, not being into Anime communities, not being interested to further my understanding of lucid dreaming, losing my interest altogether in Web Design/Coding, my curiosity and child-like self has faded and this is what has ultimately attracted me into this lonely nostalgic feeling all the time.

Anyone else felt anything similar. :(

Bedeekin

I think it's called 'growing up'... seriously.

I went through a 'wigged out' patch in my early 20s. I told my older friends and they said 'yeah... that happened to me when I hit 20'... it's like "Why aren't we told this crap when we are 18?".

The past isn't important though... not the finites of your past. Only take what you learn from it. Never regret it or wish it were different or that it didn't happen. It did.. and that's that.

Stay in the present - the most important time - and move on to the next present taking what you have learned with you. It accumulates and you become wise if you're lucky. ;)

Lionheart

Quote from: Bedeekin on January 04, 2013, 02:39:41
I think it's called 'growing up'... seriously.
Yep, you hit the nail on the head there!  :wink:

Jdeadevil

Well I am 21, might help explain things a little bit.

Szaxx

Lots of 21st birthday cards have a key on them.
This signifies responsibility and your seeing this now.
Growing up is part of your development.
Keep going, when you reach 50 you'll definately understand this even more.
:wink:
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Bedeekin

desert-rat

When you put "nostalgia " in your post I though you    meant remembering events from the 60s  .  The net has only been around from the mid 90s ( invented by All Gore ((yea rite))) Not really long enough to get very nostalgic over .  desert rat 

Stookie_

I used to be very nostalgic about my past and hometown. Overly nostalgic. Then I had an experience where I was able to see my life from an outside perspective and realized how the importance I had put on these things were created out of an incorrect perspective of them... and then I got depressed about how much of my life I had spent clinging to the long-dead past. That single experience sucked all the nostalgia out of me. It was a rough transition, but my perspective matured a great deal because of it.

Chase

Quote from: Jdeadevil on January 04, 2013, 01:33:37
I hate it, when I'm reminded that I have accounts on dead Internet forums or accounts on dead social networking sites like Bebo and MySpace with friends that I have long forgotten and that have long forgotten me, I find myself in an emotionally light-headed state of both emptiness and confusion. I'm always trying to remove memories of the past, even if it was memories of the middle of December from people I still talk to. When I go through something eventful I always make a major change in my lifestyle or home to remove myself from memories of such incident or event; like breaking up with my girlfriend of two years, or graduating with my foundation degree.

I'm starting to feel uncomfortable using this computer as the last time it was formatted was long before I started doing my Game Design BTEC back in 2009.

I'm trying to move forward as much as possible, with my interest in writing and looking forward to this job I have a good chance of getting, but I seem to be someone who absolutely despises bringing himself back into his younger self.

I'm a believer in the law of attraction and I'm entirely convinced it the personality and curiosity I had in my youth that lead me becoming potential friends with people. But because I'm so much different now, not being into Anime communities, not being interested to further my understanding of lucid dreaming, losing my interest altogether in Web Design/Coding, my curiosity and child-like self has faded and this is what has ultimately attracted me into this lonely nostalgic feeling all the time.

Anyone else felt anything similar. :(

There is no shame in regaining an interest from your past whether it's goofy or out of the ordinary (That is as long as it's not a self-destructive habit). What makes us unique is how we act and what kind of things we like. I believe that this world is in desperate need of youthful people. Many people decide to "grow up" with the wrong definition for the wrong reasons. Society is like a spiders web, the majority of people just live their lives until one day they find themselves trapped and held down by the expectations and standards of said society. Because of this, the majority become unhappy that they can no longer live the "curiosity and child-like self" of adventure and bountiful opportunity that they miss from thier youth. The truth is, you don't have to be a part of that web. No one should live in shame that they were once a biological youth. You can be any age and live youthful and happy. Word of advice: Take the time to assess the things that you are afraid of remembering and really think about them. After that do what truly makes you happy. Also if you are truly interested in writing and looking forward to that job you mentioned then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Just my 2-cents.

Tahira

@Jdeadevil

How can you become the person you intend to be if you refuse to have been the person you were ? Also a tree can not grow in the air, it needs to be rooted in the ground.

You try to get rid of your past, but why ? Your former self had much interest in doing what it did, and obviously enjoyed it - and your later self will maybe be enjoying things your current self not even dares to imagine. All of them are parts of you and you are a part of your greater self. Trying to get rid of your past is as pointless as trying to relife your past or trying to reach the future. There is only NOW. You became the person you are now because you did what you did. This has nothing to do with time, it is about events. Obviously they served their purpose. If they did then there is no need to 'relive' them unless they did not.

QuoteI'm so much different now, [...] not being interested to further my understanding of lucid dreaming, losing my interest altogether in Web Design/Coding, my curiosity and child-like self has faded
It's all about you. You decide what you do and for the track you are heading down. You decide for the route of personal growth or the route of materialism. Don't try to escape your past by heading into the future, you'd only try to run away from yourself - what's impossible. But clinging to the past keeps you from getting forward. Take what you've learned from it and try to make something new out of it. If there was something you loved, reintegrate it into you current life and let go the rest, but don't try to relive the past.

With 21 you are still very young. It's hardly possible from this vantage point to see where it's going to.

Dreamshards

I am 21. I am just getting myself out of that initial nostalgia. I became pregnant at 17, brought a baby boy into the world right after my 18th birthday. The life where I once partied every night and falling in love with the completely wrong people ashamed me. Even when I tried to write, since I wrote through out middle and highschool, left me feeling BLEH. I did not want to think about the past, just wanted to move away from it. I hardly talk to any of my old best friends. I grew up! Now I am realizing I did not have to let go of everything in my life, including practicing astral projecting which I stopped doing for years.

Barnowl

Quote from: Bedeekin on January 04, 2013, 02:39:41

The past isn't important though... not the finites of your past. Only take what you learn from it. Never regret it or wish it were different or that it didn't happen. It did.. and that's that.

Stay in the present - the most important time - and move on to the next present taking what you have learned with you. It accumulates and you become wise if you're lucky. ;)

Totally agree. The present is golden. But don't knock youself if you remember the past. Memories is what makes us human (as well as other stuff)

The problem is whether you let the memories influence your future. But if you stay in the present, then creating a new future will become easier (I'm only saying this because I'm a bit nostalgic myself, but I like that about me;-)
Please 'Like Us' on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/YourSpiritualSuccess

Please 'Subscribe' on Youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/doddy23