News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Favorite Beatles Song?

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

PeacefulWarrior,

Of course I'm old enough to remember when the Beatles were first starting out (yikes!![:(]) . There seems to be a Beatle song for every mood and occassion. Favorites include a lot of the songs that George Harrision either wrote or both wrote and performed that showed his spiritual side such as: Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth); My Sweet Lord; and other Harrison songs like While My Guitar Gently Weeps and of course Something.  The list goes on: In My Life is a great Beatle song, but I'll stop here as I'm sure plenty of people can give you some other good ones.

Very best,
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

no_leaf_clover

What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

PeacefulWarrior

Thanks!  I got all of those!
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum

goingslow

There really are too many good songs to even chose.. but here are some of their good ones.

Yesterday, fool on the hill, strawberry fields, norwegian wood, All you need is love, dont let me down (might be john lennon solo), Michelle,  nowhere man,  revolution, help, let it be..

clandestino

"blackbird" is my favourite.
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

Svenson

Bungalow Bill!!!!!!

Just had to mention it, since its been on my mind for some reason.  Noone talks about that song for some reason, but I think its cool. :)

-Audhumbla

Nick

Another good one is Imagine, although that would be a post-Beatle John Lennon song. There is a great CD for sale (here in the States anyway) called Lennon Legend that has some great songs.

Very best,
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lysear

anything from the Abbey Road album, especially Maxwells silver hammer!

p.s I am not old enough to remember the beatles when they were around!

Lysear

also, perhaps as well as the Beatles you should consider Pink Floyd, My favourite album was The Wall, but the much hyped Dark Side of the Moon is also  very good, and aledgedly, if you play it backwards while watching the wizard of Oz, there is some kind of correlation... or something like that anyway.

cawtney

Hi Peaceful... a few of my favorites are The Ballad of John and Yoko, Don't Let Me Down, Let It Be, Oh Darling, As My Guitar Gently Weeps, Across the Universe, Here Comes the Sun, and Hey Jude.

Lysear- yes, Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon played (but not backwards!) with The Wizard of Oz does create some amazing syncronicities. To get the timing right, you start the album right when you hear the third roar of the MGM lion at the beginning of the movie, turn the volume of the movie down, and sit back and enjoy the ride.

I've heard some rumors about Meddle going along with 2001: A Space Odessey but never tried it myself and not sure if it works.

-Courtney [^]

PeacefulWarrior

Thanks!  I have made a list and am getting all of these songs (you know, I just reached a point where I was stuck in a musical rut...I have so much music I love, but I wasn't finding anything new, and although I know many Beatles songs, I knew there were many I didn't know...so thanks!)
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------

GRRegis

I'm only Sleeping off Revolver is one of my favorites and also Sun king/Mean Mr. Mustard/Polythene Pam/She came in through the bathroom window" from Abbey road (I consider it one song because they really can't be seperated like Brain Damage and Eclipse on DSOTM by Floyd).  Regaurding Floyd, I believe the full albums are the best way to because the songs usually flow into each other so well.

-Greg
La vita ci ensegna che non c'รจ mai fine all'errore, La vita ci ensegna che vale solo l'amore  -Giovanotti

Mirador

No question about it, you should incluye Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, and Yellow Submarine.

Mirador

Bad Moon Rising

"In My Life" is one of my favs.
Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

There is a difference in knowing the path and walking the path.-

PeacefulWarrior

I am putting together some new CD's to listen to in my car and want to know which Beatles songs are the best...
T.S. Elliot
---------------