News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Any acoustic guitar players here?

Previous topic - Next topic

jilola

I assume you won't have the chance to play either of these?
Go to the local shop and find the next closest thing and play. If the instrument offered is anywhere a good condition you'l have an idea of which to bid for.

As to the overall quality of the guitars I canät say a word. I have aa local brand and an Ibanez semiacoustic. Both are good enough for me but perhaps not professional quality.

In general buying instruments online is a gamble at best.

2cents & L&L
jouni

Euphoric Sunrise

I agree with jilola. You may order online and get a great deal and have ablast with your guitar, but unlike with shops you can't give the guitar a play and make sure it fels comfortable to you.
I suggest you go and find those guitars around in a store somewhere and play them to see what they feel like. Then if you still want to order online, that's ok, but i do suggest at least trying out the type of guitar first.

Also, don't just try the guitars you are looking for, and don't just try the big names. You might pick up the cheapest guitar in the store and find it feels the best to you and suits you better than any others there.

As for commenting on those specific guitars, well i don't have much experience with acoustics to be honest. I don't even have a proper steel string, just an old beginners nylon string thing. I'm more of an electric man. I really should do something about that [:P]

Anyway, i can say that no matter which anybody else tells you is the best, guitars are a very personal thing, so it is really irrelevant how the guitar seems to anybody else.

That's my 2c, hope it helped somewhat [^]
"The soul is never silent, but wordless"
* Emperor - The Tongue of Fire

jc84corvette

Great points!

I would get a electric too but that means you need a good amp to have good music. I rather have a acoustic, you can take it anywhere. I really want to play some metallica on it and godsmack.

Yeah i'll check out my local store and see if I can try them out.

Euphoric Sunrise

Metallica \m/ [:D]
Guitar rocks, you're in for a blast [:)]
"The soul is never silent, but wordless"
* Emperor - The Tongue of Fire

jilola

You can fake a good enough amp with a digital effects box but there's something in the coolness factor in cranking the 1GW marshalls to eleven.

2cents & L&L
Jouni

Eol007

Hi,

Go to a shop or buy privately - ones you can actually handle, feel and hear the tone of. Then you know what you are getting! Be warned you may fall in love with one that costs a whole much more than you can afford.... save, save, save until you get the right one as there is nothing worse than regretting a waste of good money on worthless scraps of wood and metal.

Vain wisdom from sad old bloke who recently picked up a guitar again after decades of missing his old axe! Personally I got a Seagull acoustic (Canadian and very nice for the money). Do not what ever you do try a Martin as you may not want to walk out of the shop without it, and they cost the Earth... just aspire to one! The base level ones are not worth getting anyhow  

Hope you get a good un [:)].. that's my two pennies worth!

Stephen [:)]

clandestino

Got to echo the thoughts of the "buy one from the shop" brigade. Its very important to be totally happy with yr guitar. I've got a basic yamaha acoustic, and a handmade flamenco.....whilst I'm tempted by e-bay bargains, I always steer clear !

For all you guitar afficionadoes out there - check this out.....Devendra Banhart on "morning becomes eclectic".
http://www.kcrw.org/cgi-bin/db/kcrw.pl?show_code=mb&air_date=5/5/04&tmplt_type=show
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

volcomstone

purchasing an acoustic guitar online is counter-intuitive

[8][8]NEVER buy a guitar before you play it.[8][8]
unless its a quality brand, and you've played the exact same model before
seagull are great canadian made guitars with beautiful tones.
gibson and yamaha are usually safe bets

some of the more exotic/expensive ones may not give you the same amount of playability (ie worry about scratches, "protect" it with a case, etcetc)  as the cheaper ones.

and if it's your first guitar purchase, go for the cheaper one.
(also, you may find some nice second hand guitars) and ALways ALWAYS get a second opinion on the sound from someone else.
opinions are like kittens, just give 'em away

jc84corvette

About a year ago I found my parents old guitar, acoustic sitting around. Only 4 strings left on it but I still learned how to make some good tunes with it. I taugh my self with trial and error. [:D]

So im looking at buying a new guitar. I only have $120 and I won't be able to save up.

I'm on musicians friend.com, any one order from here? Was it a smooth transaction? Is your guitar still good? I hear that they send you defected guitars. Thats exactly what the guy at my guitar shop said.
So im looking at these two, are they good?

WASHBURN D100 Acoustic Guitar
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=040611163521064179013215064241/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/515366/

and

EPIPHONE Blem DR-100 Acoustic Guitar
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=040611163521064179013215064241/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/518569X/

1. Which is the better one?
2. Is the guality good? I know its not as good as a $250 Ibanez but you know the money thing.

If you own one of these please post! I wish I could get a Ibanez for $150-$170 on this site, but no $$.

Thanks