News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Anyone else afraid here?

Previous topic - Next topic

ForestKnight25

I wonder if I'm the only one who's afraid here...

I'm so interested in astral stuff, but some concepts really make me uncomfortable and afraid. I used to be extremely afraid of the Mayan prophecy of 2012, however I've sort of just gotten used to what people say will change.

However, my biggest fear is being proven wrong in what I believe. I'm in a terrible bind where I want to learn more, yet I'm afraid to, lest I read something that scares me. I struggle with autism and teenage hormones as well as OCD (I hope I'm not making anybody uncomfortable by mentioning my ailments,) and as such it is very hard for me to stop thinking thoughts that have impact on me...which are usually fear thoughts of varying sorts.

I'm also afraid of annihilation. It is my belief that we are all eternal beings, and cannot be destroyed. I for one am also very attached to my personal identity, and do not want to lose it (which some say will happen upon death...the soul lives on but the self is dissolved.) I do not want to become faceless

Please, I urge anyone who reads this and has a heart to reassure me that I do not need to be afraid anymore. And if I do need to be afraid for any reason tell me why.

PS: I feel I'm hogging the attention here, so if you could give suggestions on how to give back to the Astral Pulse community, I'd love to hear it. However I don't know how much help I could be, since I'm hardly online here and I know very little about spirituality.

rockyrojas88

A soul in the bible is the whole being of the creature (physically and spiritually). The Spirit of God gives life to the body, which brings the soul into existence. We die because of the curse of sin, but we need not to worry about annihilation if we have God's salvation through Jesus. Jesus overcame sin and death in fallen human flesh so that through him we can also do the same. The dead are said to be "sleeping" because they are going to resurrect back to life. Annihilation (permanent death) will only occur if you are separated from God our life source.

ForestKnight25

Quote from: rockyrojas88 on April 05, 2008, 20:54:00
Don't worry too much, you just need Jesus so you won't be annihilated.

Actually I disagree. And may I ask why you are even posting on a website such as Astral Pulse? Are you merely floating around the forums evangelizing others (yes, I have seen some of your other posts)? If so, I'm going to ask you to please stop. Other peoples' religions are just as valid as your own, if not more, judging by what Christians have done in the name of their "god."

People like you are the very reason others are so afraid.

rockyrojas88

I don't believe in the common "god" that "christians" claim to believe in. The "christian" church has been infiltrated with unbilical ideas. I believe that there are more non-christians that know the true God that most christians that think they know it all.

The Present Moment

All of the things that you listed look like future predictions that can't be verified. What is really changing and affecting your life? It might help to step back and examine whether you fear the change itself, the process of changing, or something else.

Beliefs are like mental structures that we build as we acquire information. We get accustomed to living in them, and it's hard to leave them behind. When you find new information, just collect it in a pile and don't worry about having to immediately contradict what you believe. Most of us aren't afraid of new beliefs, we don't have to be because we refuse to build new ones. :lol: You seem to have the opposite problem, where instead of rejecting new beliefs, you accept them right away.

rockyrojas88

Well i do got another version to the beliefs i have....I say that what we need to keep our "awareness" up so we don't cease to exist...but what difference does it make?

healixe

why fear annialation its better than how were doing now.

firstly about god i belive in some form he does exist but not so much in jesus.
there is alot of proof of jesus, therefore i believe he existed but
he wasnt gods son because what your saying is everyones gods son so
that factor doesnt matter, and he selflessly gave his life to repay the sin of man
kind which i think is a nice teaching but magic existed long before science so
that could mean that jesus was a metaphysicain or just born with magic.

my mum is a complete athiest and doesnt believe in souls.
she says its your genes that make you diffrent,
so how is it that to people with same genes and life style can be so different.
there are so many wonders in the world that cannot be explained by science.
there is more proof of the soul than of atoms since many people can see them while
you cant see atoms. i believe the soul is your lifeforce given to us be a greater conciousness.
or comes from the earth but it makes us who we are.

just thought i would say :P

VagusEques

I'll leave the Jesus issue alone for the moment, since it would probably fall on deaf ears.

To destroy your fears, identify them. Fear is generally a product of ambiguity. If you can identify exactly what you're afraid of (and why) then that is the first step. Second, prioritize your life so that 1. you will avoid your fears or 2. you are equipped to conquer your fears.

Those are my suggestions.

Mydral

Look death is just a part of life... it doesn't matter how it will come. We might die tomorrow... but why worry.
There are things which cannot be changed, so why worry?
There are things which can be changed, so why worry?

About your personal identity. Sure you have one now, but if it gets destroyed... will you even remember that you had one? The answers is no, simply because if you did, you would still have a personal identity.... and if you have one it will always be the same one. You see that this goes in a circle? Its similar to "I think, therefor I am". If you think of a personal identity, you have that one.. you can't have a different one and remember a past one since then you could just change your present one into the past one.

The only way of you having a new personal identity is if you forget your old one. In this case it again wouldn't matter since you would only know of one personal identity.

So relating this to death..... lets assume you will wonder the earth after you die. Aren't you still the same person then? (how can your  "self" dissolve and at the same time you are still aware?) Shouldn't you be able to interact with other dead people? It would seem pretty crude if your the only one, or that everyone is on a different plain or so. Looking at how the world and the universe is build up... something like that should not exist.

Don't have so much fear... there is no reason for it. 2012 is just another date.... the arguments that we will not die are equally strong as the ones that we will die. Noone really knows... all I do know is that there have been so many doomsdays already and nothing happened that it would be truly amazing if something actually did happen 2012
In somnis veritas

rygoody

fear attracts more fear

i dunno, recognize the light, it is always there

AmbientSound

Your awareness can never be eliminated, thus you will always have your true identity with you. The trick is not attaching to who you are in this life, but remembering who you have always been and using that knowledge in conjunction with this life.

It is possible that your awareness may merge with a higher awareness (the only way this would ever happen is if you WANTED it to happen).

jilola

First post in ages! All go Hey-Yah?

Whenever afraid ask (and get an answer to) two questions:

1) What is frightening me?
2) Why?

The way of learning and the way to understanding is often the way of being afraid. The guide is the two questions.

Whe  you are scared, stop. Examine the nature and cause of the fright like an insect under a microscope.
Who exactly are you afraid? Of what? Why?

Always examine the the places you feel frightening. They cannot harm you, only you can.
They can teach you and shedlight into places of yourself that you never knew were there.

2cents & L&L
Jouni