News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Anyone wear contact lenses?

Previous topic - Next topic

blis

Just got contacts yesterday. Daily desposable ones. Enjoying being able to see again.

I know you're not supposed to sleep in them but I'm wondering if its ok to meditate it them (with your eyes closed).

If it's not then I wouldnt be able to meditate during the day without wasting a pair of lenses.

Any contact wearers here who meditate? Does it cause you any problems? I tend to meditate for between 20 minutes and an hour.

light487

Hrmm.. buy yourself some contact lens cleaning solution. They usually come with a little case for your lenses to go in when you are not wearing them. There's nothing wrong with taking them out for a short time, placing them in the lens cleaning solution within the case and then popping them back in later.

As for meditating with them on.. I wouldn't recommend it.. when you're wearing the lenses, your eyes can't breathe properly even with your eyes open.

blis

Dont have a case or anything. They're just disposables. I went ahead and meditated with them in earlier. My eyes felt alright at the time but were much worse than normal later on.

I guess I'll just need to restrict my meditation to the start and end of the day.

Boom

I used to have contact lenses. They are pretty cool, and the more you get used to them the better they get.
You should get contact lense clener and some cases. as then you can pop them out and back in again. Took me ages at first. But the more you do it, the easier it becomes to put them in and not.

Eventually it should be no hassle at all to quickly pop out the contact lenses.. meditate.. then throw them back in again.
Also, you can usually get a few days out of the daily disposables :D
I had weeklys and got 2 - 3 weeks out of each pair before switching to new ones :)

CFTraveler

Quote from: Boom on October 17, 2011, 11:32:12
Also, you can usually get a few days out of the daily disposables :D
I had weeklys and got 2 - 3 weeks out of each pair before switching to new ones :)

That's how you get eye infections.  My hubby gets them if he does that.

QuoteI used to have contact lenses.
'Used to'?  Did you have lasik or something?

light487

I also "used" to have them.. I just wear regular glasses these days.. too much bother for such a cosmetic difference.. besides, I can't use disposable due to my eyesight being so bad that none of the disposables are good enough.

I wore the same pair for 15 months because they were non-disposable ones. As long as you take good care of them and wash them in fresh lens cleaner solution everyday, it shouldn't be an issue. Obviously each person is different.

The point is though, that if you are wearing your daily disposables and you want to take them out for an hour of meditation or a quick nap, then you can accomplish this by simply buying one of the bottles of lens cleaner. Inside almost all of the boxes for the bottles of lens cleaner comes a free lens storage case, so you don't need to buy separate cases or anything and having the lens cleaner and case handy, even if they are only daily's is a good idea in my opinion. Say you get some dirt in your eye during the day or something.. what are you going to do? If you have the lens cleaner and case handy, you can simply pop them out, give them a good clean and pop them back in again.

blis

Thanks for the advice. Didnt know you could do that with disposables. I'll do that.

I'm thinking of getting them lasered now. I was always scared cause I thought you had to sit there and let them inject you in the eye to paralyse it before they started. The girl who fitted my contacts explained it to me though and it doesnt sound so scary after all.

CFTraveler

When you do make sure you have a minder.  Afterwards you need to 'not' do certain things, like look down-for a certain amount of time.  You'd be surprised about how many times you drop things and have to leave them there until someone else picks them up for you.
My mom had the surgery in one eye first, recovered a week and then had the second one- and told me she'd wished she had both done at the same time, to avoid two weeks of not looking down.

blis

Thanks for the tip.

What happens if I look down? It doesnt blind me or anything does it lol?

light487

Quote from: CFTraveler on October 18, 2011, 10:17:09
When you do make sure you have a minder.  Afterwards you need to 'not' do certain things, like look down-for a certain amount of time.  You'd be surprised about how many times you drop things and have to leave them there until someone else picks them up for you.
My mom had the surgery in one eye first, recovered a week and then had the second one- and told me she'd wished she had both done at the same time, to avoid two weeks of not looking down.

You can't look down for a whole week? I've never heard of that one.

CFTraveler

After the surgery, I'm not sure why, maybe it detaches the retina or something scary like that.  I'm sure your doctor discusses all these  possibilities when you look into it.

light487

Yer.. maybe it's also dependant on the different type of Lasik and what procedure needs to be done etc.. Dunno.. I thought you could basically walk in, walk out and that was it.. I know in the past it wasn't that easy but I thought it had been improved.. still, I am way too wary of it myself.. glasses suck.. even contact lens have their downsides... but I'd much rather not put my eyes at risk, even though the risk is low, with surgery.

CFTraveler

Well, my mom had myopia, and very advanced-and was in her seventies when she had it.  So all of that may make a difference.
But I've never seen any surgical procedure that was as simple as they tell you.   :wink:

blis

Quote from: CFTraveler on October 18, 2011, 22:20:55
After the surgery, I'm not sure why, maybe it detaches the retina or something scary like that.  I'm sure your doctor discusses all these  possibilities when you look into it.

OK now I'm scared again lol.

CFTraveler

Don't be scared.  At her age, she did very well and was happy to have done it.  She said if she had known how great it was to see again without glasses or contacts, she would have done it years ago.
Just have someone take care of you when you're back home, it's just common sense.

light487

Yer.. all the people I've known who had the procedure done are glad they did, no regrets at all. They love being free of their glasses for the first time in their lives, since the people I know have (like me) had glasses since they were kids... for me though, I have somehing wrong with my retina in my left eye.. so even if I had the procedure done, I'd still have limited vision in my left eye.. so I guess that is clouding my view (no pun intended) of the matter further..