News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Are any of you Christian Astral Projectors?

Previous topic - Next topic

steveb

Welcome Bluelight   "To be or not to be that is the question" If you were to ask me if I was Christian I would say no. I live my life in such a way that it would agree with the ten commandmets,so in that respect the aswer could be yes. ?

regards Steve

BlueLight

Hey thanks Steve.  I guess I was speaking of being a Christian in the traditional sense.  I view Christ as my guru you know?  So, I think it's great that you follow the ten commandments, but I was referring to being a follower of The Master :) To being familiar with his teachings and a part of a Christian church somewhere...I hope that makes things a little clearer now.

Joe

Hi BLM - I'd fit into that category, although for anyone to be actively engaged in esoteric research of this kind is to already stretch the limits of orthodoxy, so there's every chance that mainstream Christians would refute that I am still one... I wholeheartedly believe that Jesus the man was an absolute Master of spirituality, and several very experienced and powerful occultists I work with say that he was one of the greatest Masters alive.

Of course, I don't put any stock in the dogmatic theology and religion that now shrouds the original teaching. But at the same time I don't agree with the stigmatised and one-eyed views of those who profess to reject Christianity in preference of other truths (ala baby out with bathwater), as given in example after example in a recent religion thread. I wonder how many vehement ex-Christians have had direct and personal contact with Jesus in a significant way? I guarantee you there'd be a lot fewer loose tongues and more heartfelt respect for a True Adept if that were the case.

RE: learning OBE and Christianity - I find through experience that they integrate exceptionally well. I'm also undertaking some personal work in High Magick and I can recall some humbling experiences where knowledge has been given to me during prayer to Christ that has helped me break new ground. In fact, the majority of the 6-month course given in the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage (which Crowley attempted) is prayer and theurgic practice to God and Christ, and many grimoires feature strong invocations of Christ's Name, etc. To say He is irrelevant or impotent today is to be grossly ignorant, as well as offensive to the Majesty of a Deity, which carries it's own Karmic consequences...

Anyway, I ramble.....best wishes! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Kodemaster

I definitely fit this category. I call myself an "open-mind Christian". My exeperiences with AP and OBE have brought me much more closer to God, and they have taken my understanding of His universe to a new level.

I could go on forever with my philosophies, but I'll save them for another time. :-)

j e n i

JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

PeacefulWarrior

Yes, I am a Christian "Astral Projector".  I think this is a very interesting question because it brings up so many other questions with it.  First of all, I feel justified to say that anyone who claims to be Christian inherintly believes in "astral projection" although they may not know it and/or understand why.  To be a Christian means a lot of things to a lot of people, to me it means that one believes that Jesus of Nazareth was not only a great prophet and teacher, but the greatest prophet and teacher...and more importantly He is the literal Son of God and our elder brother (we also being children of our Heavenly Father).

To be a Christian also means to believe in things spiritual.  We have a physical body as well a spiritual body.  Although as a Christian I do not limit myself to the study of the Bible, I will use it as an example because most people who call themselves Christians look exclusively to the Bible for their spiritual nourishment... anyway, within the Bible one may find sufficient evidence of prophets and even Christ himself being "carried away in the spirit" when they had visions and experienced spiritual guidance.  Dreams, as we all know, are associated with OBE in many ways...the Bible is full of information regarding dreams and how/why they are vital to one's ability to recieve personal revelation.  

When I have more time I would like to post more information regarding the OBE and the Christian belief system.  I do this more for my friends who are indeed Christian but who have not embraced the reality of the OBE as a natural phenomona...one that is vital to spritual progression.
-Dan

fides quaerens intellectum
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------

Grenade01

I used to have very negative feelings towards christianity for certain reasons...
But I have come to respect all religions...as they all seem to hold truth.
(I am particularly fond of hinduism lately)
I truthfully believe all religions are correct... =)

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/[][][][][][][][][][][][]

WalkerInTheWoods

I would not say that I am Christain, though I use to be. I decided to loose any entanglement with just one religion as I believe they all hold truths. I find that the dogma of Christainity is too restrictive and close minded, atleast what is commonly accepted and practiced in my area. I do believe that it has a lot of wisdom and good lessons to be taught if one seeks the truth contained in it. But I also believe there is much more that can only be found outside of any dogma. I respect everyone and their beliefs.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

nightflier101

Hello Blue Light,  
I was baptised a catholic, grew up going to a baptist church,  baptised again in my teens as a christian, followed a touched by the spirit christian church for a few years. It's all basically the same, tithe ( or give all your money) so the preacher and his wife can live an upperclass lifestyle and drive a jaguar. While we middleclass sit there and wait for Mr. preacher to enlighten our lives like his is. Which never happens...  It's like a trap, he makes you rely on God for everything. If there is an apple tree across the street, you get off your butt, and go over and pick the tastiest one and eat it!  No middleman involved.
I think the bible has some true stories, but it is filled mostly with old superstitions and tales written by religeous thinkers who wanted less anarchy in society which eventually led to laws and government.

I'm not saying I'm an athiest, I just believe If you are true to yourself and others, and enjoy life and let others enjoy theirs, that is all we need.  

OBE's had nothing to do with church or God.  It only showed that the mind is very unlimited in its pontential. I discovered a flip side to normal daily life, going to bed at night was now an adventure of discovery. I had the great curiosity of youth, and the energy to persue it.  

Nightflier101...

Mankind

I don't think anyone here is really an atheist, considering the subject.

WalkerInTheWoods

nightflier101, that is one of the reason I dislike religions in practice. Looking at them as a whole and in general they do give power to a limited few and these few are only human. We have seen way too much abuse of this power. I personally have not seen any preachers driving jaguars or abusing this power too much, but sadly enough we hear it almost every day. I think that religions are good to study if one does not follow it blindly. I cannot believe how we are raised, our parents tell us not to trust strangers and question things that do not show proof. Then they turn around and tell us that we have to have faith in something that has no proof as being real. No offense to anyone. This is why I feel so strongly that everyone needs to be a free thinker and find their own path. Reguardless if you choose to follow a religion or just be spiritual you should constantly be searching and seeking truth. If you find Christainity to be the truth then great for you, just do not stop your search and start following something blindly.

The Christains that have posted in here seem to be mature and intelligent seekers. But from what I have seen this does not seem to be the norm. Last time I went to a Christain church the preacher talked more about the devil and hell than Jesus or love. From my studies, Christainity's true message is about love and caring. So why does it seem that they think more about the devil? Maybe if Christains thought more on the true message of their religion they would not have such a bad name for themself.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

chohan

Well I suppose I can relate to Joe and Daniel here in one respect... there's something to that christ of the bible. Back in 1979 I was 18yr old, minding my own biz, partying, ACDC Highway to Hell days. A few days later I was hanging out with my same band of friends... they were smoking dew and I was trying to explain deep spiritual truths to them. Someone should've locked me up for 6 months back in those days. I almost made a minister until my continuing study of the bible began bringing up more questions than it was answering. Reincarnation was the start. Whatever you do don't say jesus and cayce in the same sentence. :)  For those of you searching and looking at things from a christian perspective I would highly recommend the books about daskalos the greek christian mystic written by Kyriacos C. Markides.
 At the same time I can relate to fallnangel77. I like to consider myself a free thinker. Over 20 years later, endless searching and learning I can just as easily say I'm a tibetan buddhist, hindu, ceremonial magician. I can leave it all behind and just be "more than my physical body" as Monroe says or just be "consciousness using energy" as Waldo Vieira says. He throws off all religion with nothing more than a shrug and it doesn't offend me so perhaps I am growing? I don't like to be categorized but I will be anything to anyone if it helps us discuss, learn and verify. This present personalty is a sum total of all these belief systems and I don't worry over it much any longer. To be honest I grow tired of all the theory sometimes and just wanna get out and do my own verification.

peace,
chohan

michael

in actual fact as you are aware one can be of any religion and none to experience OBE..the buddhists who are atheist do so..and as you are also i am sure familiar with christian fundamentalists who belive astral projection is the devils work..read an intersting although laughable book the other week going on at considerable length re this very point....apprently we have to bleive in faith..not signs..well thanks but no thanks....I like my own empirical attempts to prove psychic events.....i have a lot of respect for most faiths and none and my abiolities to obe are not necessarily reliant on one or more particluar dogma..at least in my experience...

Vallk

My interest in spirituality in general comforts me because I just did not want to believe in the different religions the man has created. Christianism, with its hell and other rules, is not better than another religion to me. Now I can believe in a God or Power that corresponds better to my needs and beliefs and I am so happy about it, I feel as if at last there is something for me in spirituality.

I have my own rituals that are not meaningless to me, my own good values that are not dictated by the Pope.

Valérie

PeacefulWarrior

"OBE's had nothing to do with church or God. It only showed that the mind is very unlimited in its pontential. I discovered a flip side to normal daily life, going to bed at night was now an adventure of discovery. I had the great curiosity of youth, and the energy to persue it."

I had to comment on the above statement which was made in this thread.  I wholeheartedly disagree with it (and maybe the author didn't mean it the way it came off).  Of course OBE's have something to do with God, God created all that is and we are all one--thus the fact that we are made up of numerous bodies (physical and subtle/spiritual bodies) is a testament to the wondrous creation of our Father.  

I am a Christian and the "church" I attend actively promotes personal revelation and spiritual discovery.  There are numerous accounts of prophets recieving revelation and spiritual truths in and out of the body.  Of course it's not something we talk about often for very few are familiar with the phenomena (phenomena because it IS a natural occurence).  I feel sorry for those Christians who think it is of the devil, they,of course, are also the same Christians who I believe don't truly embrace TRUE Christianity.  And what is true Christianity?  Well, I can tell you one thing about it, not too many people know.  It takes too much work and sacrifice...and I am still hiking up it's steep and narrow way.

Much love to all!
-DT

We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------

Frank

The Astral caters for all "belief systems". On the Physical, it may well be the case that adopting a particular system may have the effect of accelerating a person's spiritual development, thus bringing on the obe experience at a faster rate. However, you must be aware that the planes which cater for the various "belief systems" are, in fact, the lower planes.

Which is a tad ironic, in my view.

On the Physical, adopting a particular belief-system may have the effect of accelerating spiritual development. Once on the Astral, however, it can have the opposite effect; in that your progress will be limited to the lower areas.

On the Astral, the rate of your development is not determined by the intensity of your beliefs, but by the intensity of your curiosity.

Yours,
Frank

PeacefulWarrior

Frank-
You're confusing me.  You say that belief systems tend to slow or limit one's progress in the astral- but then you say:
"On the Astral, the rate of your development is not determined by the intensity of your beliefs, but by the intensity of your curiosity."

I agree more with the latter statement!

-Dan

T.S. Elliot
---------------

BILL1951

Hello Bluelight,
I would not say that I am a Christian in the generally accepted sense. But in the mystical sense I am very Christian. I read a book called the "Mystic Bible" by Dr.Randolf Stone many years ago. He explaines that the bible is filled with mystical experiences. For example, When Moses went up the mountain (OBE) he saw the burning bush and god spoke to him. He was out of body and observing what the Hindus call the thousand petal lotus. The voice that he heard was the "Sound Current" which permiates everything with sound, light and music. This sound current is also known as the "Word" of Christianity, Shabbd of the Hindus, Logos of the Greeks etc.
  When Jesus climed the mountain with his twelve apostles, they were all out of body. That is why they saw him in his "Transfigured form". In eastern mysticism they call this the "Radiant Form. Climbing the mountain is a metaphor for OBE in mysticism.
 Religious books are filled with mysticism. But due to the political and social climates in most ancient cultures, the real mysticism was hidden and cloaked in parables and metaphors. The Gnostics were the ones to carry on this mystic tradition in Christianity.  Jesus was all about OBE`s and exploring the "Many Mansions"                      Bill

Ryno

Amen. I couldn't have said it better myself.

manfred

Hmm it is true that religious belief system territories tend to make you slower but in the end all of the planes are worth exploring.

From level 3 to 35.....if you are familiar with Monroe Institute terminology.

Regards,

Manfred

Manfred
http://www.astraltravellers.com/

chohan

I should modify my previous statement regarding "waste time in a belief system area" to would much prefer the "area where I am needed." It seems that a feeling of fraternity is a big part of this. Willingness to be of service and help others. Admittedly assisting others who would be caught up in the real-time zone or inner-most ring (name your flavor), well it would have to be fascinating to say the least. At my present progress I'd be quite overjoyed to be in the training grounds. What can I say... those vibrations gave me quite a jolt. The last couple weeks have found me more focused on dream recall and lucidity as if I'm trying to sneak in an OBE without having to face those vibrations. However, I have great confidence these fears can be faced and conquered... curiosity will win out.

best to you all,
chohan

Grenade01

I wouldnt just say logos for greeks.
I think many christians know the "word" as the logos as well, since word is just translation for logos.

Pretty trippy stuff though religion

I take a bhuddist approach to religion...I read about it...interpret it as best I can...then let it go.  Hopefully from what I read and thought, i become a better person, if not I'm not going to cling to versus and scriptures as literal ...er..law.
sort of...living in the now moment, but apply past to help guide you
or something
hahah nevermind
mainly i just hope im a good person.. and I try not to let my ego get the best of me
you dont need scripture to know thats what most important
(well most people dont anyway)
okay im done

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/You must try some of my purple berries.
I've been eating them for 6 or 7 weeks now, haven't got sick once.
Prolly keep us both alive.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

weagle

I'm very curious in OBE also a christian, I had my first one by mistake, I had an ear infection when I was a child, went into my pharmacy with my mom and collapsed on the floor and I was actually hovering above seeing my body from above, also hearing my mom screaming for help, also remembering seeing myself being put into the ambulance.  I've met 3 people from very different religious backgrounds first one was catholic christian other one I think wiccan and the last one indian.  This talent is for everybody for any person like others are pointing out, has nothing to do with any religion it's a god given gift.  The three people I met was from my prayer being answered for my brother's phobic condition, amazing how God brings people to help others in need and what was interesting I was given signs few days before I came across them also the last  person was given a sign from God  to help when the previous one left/gave up.  What I also notice the last person I met that can obe, he meditates 4 hours a night, the previous one said only 1 hour, I think it makes a big difference the more time you spend meditating the more stronger you become spiritually and more things you can do I think.  Every person who can obe is different, most I've seen out there are into materialistic gain (won't do it for charity) but there are some who are the most powerful/spiritual are the ones who do it out of charity and that spend more time meditating.  God is charity he created the universe, he wants us to help others and we become blessed if we do charity work be it anything especially helping a neighbour who is an enemy.  What's freaky when I pray the rosary (catholic faith) my crucifix turns gold (ie one time the spikes/body/thorns then the edges/inri sign turning gold), also mother mary just recently her forehead an imprint of a diamond shape was on it (third eye most likely) like I'm actually being encouraged on the otherside to learn about obe so I may someday become like the others.  Even though the evangelists/religious sectors love to scare people away from it but it's something we all have this talent is built into us like bible says greater is he who is in you than is in the whole wide world, or in one quote it says we have a celestial body. Proof in the pudding I'm living by experience OBE is a natural thing believe me.

Frank

quote:
Originally posted by manfred:
Hmm it is true that religious belief system territories tend to make you slower but in the end all of the planes are worth exploring.

From level 3 to 35.....if you are familiar with Monroe Institute terminology.

Regards,

Manfred

Manfred

Yes, I quite agree. If you can recognise these areas for what they are then there is no problem, you won't get stuck in them. Therein lies the problem.

Yours,
Frank

Frank

quote:
Originally posted by chohan:
I should modify my previous statement regarding "waste time in a belief system area" to would much prefer the "area where I am needed." It seems that a feeling of fraternity is a big part of this. Willingness to be of service and help others. Admittedly assisting others who would be caught up in the real-time zone or inner-most ring (name your flavor), well it would have to be fascinating to say the least. At my present progress I'd be quite overjoyed to be in the training grounds. What can I say... those vibrations gave me quite a jolt. The last couple weeks have found me more focused on dream recall and lucidity as if I'm trying to sneak in an OBE without having to face those vibrations. However, I have great confidence these fears can be faced and conquered... curiosity will win out.

best to you all,
chohan

If you wish to navigate the Astral with any degree of proficiency, you will have to curtail emotional outbursts such as "joy". The lower planes are sickening places and the entities who hang around there are largely beyond "help". But still worth a look, I suppose.

Yours,
Frank

manfred

quote:
Yes, I quite agree. If you can recognise these areas for what they are then there is no problem, you won't get stuck in them. Therein lies the problem.

Yeah but like Bob Monroe once said: don't label things too much....

I myself don't hang out in the religious belief system territories...I usually go other places...places that match my blueprint more and that is not focus 24 to 26.

Regards,

Manfred

Manfred