News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Are religions fake?

Previous topic - Next topic

_xander_

It's well known that ancient kingdoms used their religions to control people. This Saturday in London,  a scholar will be giving a presentation on his findings that the Romans created Christianity. His work is something people have been saying for years, based around  'War of the Jews' by Josephus
and the new testament.

To members on here who have been projecting for years, what you opinion?

( Still haven't projected but back after 8 years lol)

desert-rat

I think fake is the wrong word .  You need to understand the pourpose of religion .  It gives a society a moral code , a guide line . With out religion there would be anarchy .

Xanth

Desert, I don't believe that for a second.  People are more capable of governing themselves than most think.  Sure, there are more than enough stupid people on this planet to ruin it for everyone... I don't doubt that for a second, but people will come together more often than will be parted by Fear.

Religion is, and has always been, a means to control the masses... greed... power... lust... it's all just a means to control. 
They're ALL aspects of Fear.  Yes, I'm saying that Religions are a means to spread Fear... historically, that's all they've done. 
While they attempt to teach great lessons, ethics and morals... the message is lost in the actions of history.

Are religions fake?  Fake how, exactly? 

There are a few who uphold the values of religions... so I can't exactly paint it with such a wide damning brush, but I'd say that the vast majority of "religious" people simply don't get it... and very few ever will come out of their religious-haze long enough to figure it out.

It might sound like I'm anti-religion... but I'm not.  I'm anti-can't-think-for-themselves-stupid-people... but then I imagine everyone goes through that phase in at least one of their physical lifetimes.  I'm sure mine was a doozy.  LOL

Lionheart

I think the problem comes down to people relying on them instead of relying on their own strengths.

I see constantly a football player look up and thank God for their touchdown, instead of seeing that it was their skill, focus and determination that got that touchdown.

If it was God that created that for them, does that mean that God wanted the other team to lose, who prayed as well?

The same thing goes for wars. We fight for God and country, so do the other guys. So, who does God favor the most?

These are questions that the Religious fanatics have no answers for.

rezaf

I am not particularly interested in the social aspects of of the religions as a means of control. Even without the old religions we create a lot of new ways of brainwashing to control the common people in order to make sure that the power that be can get richer/more powerful and the poor wouldn't rebel against them which is not necessarily a bad thing for preventing chaos if they keep it balanced. However what I am interested in is the spiritual or mystical side of those religions.  In that regard according to what I have gathered they are not completely fake though they might be heavily fabricated. Islam, Christianity and Judaism originate in older religions or their deities and in my experience there are beings out there that would match with what they describe but how much is legend and how much is true is what I'm trying to learn more about.

soarin12

Well, I will speak for Christianity.  As of now I go to a Catholic church and I love it.  Although they have some doctrines that I consider ridiculous, The spirit of 'Christ' in the church is alive and well.  It is all about love of God and neighbor, and learning more and more to be a 'light' in the world.  We pray for and visit the sick and the lonely.  We come together to learn to 'empty ourselves' and be filled with the spirit of Christ.  (In new age terms that would be getting rid of ego and becoming love.)  We take communion in remembrance of Jesus and look forward to being together in a 'heavenly home.'  I've been to many Christian churches in my life and while they all have a few annoying things about them that I'm sure most of us can attest to, most of them have a group of 'real' Christians in them.  These are the people that will be kind to you even if you don't deserve it.  They'll go out of their way for you, cancelling their plans to help you.  They'll forgive you no matter what you've done.--following Christ's words when he was dying on the cross--"Forgive them, Father, for they don't know what they are doing."  Some have powers to heal--seen it and done it.  They won't store up their wealth but distribute to those in need.  There are sources that don't have a christian agenda that speak of Jesus as a real person in history.  They include Jewish historians, pagan sources, Roman officials and Roman historians.  As for my projections, I've had two where I met Jesus and in one he restored me from a very sad, broken state.  In another he taught me (and showed me) unconditional love.  I came away from both of these thinking wow--that was not coming from me!--Totally changed my life.  True Christianity is still alive in some if not many churches today.  I've experienced it and I'm not one to put up with manipulative doctrine. 

soarin12

Quote from: Lionheart on October 16, 2013, 00:44:02
I think the problem comes down to people relying on them instead of relying on their own strengths.

I see constantly a football player look up and thank God for their touchdown, instead of seeing that it was their skill, focus and determination that got that touchdown.

If it was God that created that for them, does that mean that God wanted the other team to lose, who prayed as well?

The same thing goes for wars. We fight for God and country, so do the other guys. So, who does God favor the most?

These are questions that the Religious fanatics have no answers for.

People who pray for their side or team to win are misguided indeed.  But people who pray for strength or answers to problems are smart.  How many times have you prayed/had intent (same thing IMO) and gotten an answer or help?  If one person prays and gets help and the other doesn't pray and nothing changes for them, it may seem like the first person "won" or got ahead but this would not be because God favored the first person.  It would be because that person made use of a power/energy that the world was designed with.  The other person did not make use of this power.

CFTraveler

I think too many people have too many opinions on religion anyway.  Either all bad, fake, or all good and holy.
Any institution that is created for any reason eventually gets corrupted and stops being for the original reason.
Religion is no exception, and, because it's based on ideology, tends to get corrupted quicker.
All control systems do the same thing- politics and religion are the worst, because they are based on ideology.
Christianity wasn't 'created', it was refocused, to control the ancient places that were being conquered and ruled, by the romans.
But it didn't start out that way, it was simply a group of people worshipping a Mystic and Teacher.  But then it became an institution, when it became the 'official' religion of the emperor.  Then things had to change and change they did.
Why?

phaseshiftR1111

Xanth, maybe you were one of those guys running around yelling "REPENT REPENT!" In one of your past lives lol

My two cents... I know this may be a tad negative approach. Xanth I agree 100% but I also believe this place has become a prison planet. Because of religion and many other things. The planet is beautiful... The people.... Well most of them have screwed this place up beyond belief. I got to remind myself I'm not the one dumping oil into the oceans and destroying rain forest. I'm not the one slaughtering animals like they have no soul. I think this is my last earth run. I get the whole earth school thing... But then again I don't. It makes no sense to me that you HAVE to come back here. I believe we can "grow" in the astral as well. Sky is limit and they way I see it I don't have to do anything. There are great people here... But I KNOW there are better reality systems. This place is way too toxic now. Which is a shame. The planet is beautiful. Except for parts of the planet... Like.... oh I don't know el Salvador (hope I spelled thst right) where the police chop your head off for running a red light.

Got off topic there... Sorry about my grammar I'm on my mobile

Astralzombie

Soarin12, you are everything that is right with Christianity. Sadly it had become corrupted like everything else and the original meaning is lost on most people.

I am no longer a Christian or a follower of any religion.

Science has become it's own religion and is openly persecuting those who are religious. Technology has replaced the Bible, Quran, the Torah, and all other religious gospels.

If "you" need guidance or help with something, "you" do not turn to "your" holy book for help. "You" pick up "your" i-pad and google it. It's almost amazing in it's simplicity.

Maybe I'm too cynical. :-)

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

PlasmaAstralProjection

Personally I have very advanced concepts about this whole thing that make for a very well thought out perspective on not only religions but all beliefs that few people can gasp. But that is mostly because they don't care to take the time to do so. I have been able to categorize all religions all beliefs and personalities into my ultimate belief system of everything. I have scoured the Internet and have a universal perspective on all beliefs. If you want to PM me I will send you some stuff I typed out about it.

Good luck.