News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Are you or I an Empath?

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan McDougall

Here are a few indicators of what I think might be the characteristics of an empath

Are you one??

You may be an empath if:

You can't bear noises - They go right through you. (Oh!! The unspeakable agony of my wife vacuum cleaning with that demonic machine)
You hate crowds .
You suffer anxiety, but there is no apparent cause
You feel depressed for no apparent reason
You take on the guilt of others and their actions
You are overly sensitive to people and sense if they don't want you around.

You tend to avoid such people if you feel you're not wanted.
You  feel ungrounded.at times
You always are sensitive to how others will feel.
You become very drained in the company of certain people
You are deeply hurt by the smallest criticism.
You can sometimes feel the actual physical pain or illness of another person, even at a distance.
Your mood can change from sad to joy in a brief moment and you do not always know the reason
You become aware when something is wrong with a family member or close friend
You have few real close friends.
You find it hard to forgive because you are somehow aware that the person who hurt you still dislikes you

Come on guys, if you think you are an empath then add to the list

I know I am an emphath and this does not make life easy at times

Take Care

Alan

galaxy_storm

I think I'd answer "yes" to most of the questions

Flow...

Alan McDougall

Here is more on what an empath is

Empaths are emotional sponges

Traits of an Empath

Empaths are often quiet and can take a while to handle a compliment for they're more inclined to point out another's positive attributes. They are highly expressive in all areas of emotional connection, and talk openly, and, at times, quite frankly in respect to themselves. They may have few problems talking about their feelings.

Empaths have a tendency to openly feel what is outside of them more so than what is inside of them. This can cause empaths to ignore their own needs. In general an empath is non-violent, non-aggressive and leans more towards being the peacemaker. Any area filled with disharmony creates an uncomfortable feeling in an empath. If they find themselves in the middle of a confrontation, they will endeavor to settle the situation as quickly as possible, if not avoid it all together. If any harsh words are expressed in defending themselves, they will likely resent their lack of self-control, and have a preference to peacefully resolve the problem quickly.

Empaths are sensitive to TV, videos, movies, news and broadcasts. Violence or emotional dramas depicting shocking scenes of physical or emotional pain inflicted on adults, children or animals can bring an empath easily to tears. At times, they may feel physically ill or choke back the tears. Some empaths will struggle to comprehend any such cruelty, and will have grave difficulty in expressing themselves in the face of another's ignorance, closed-mindedness and obvious lack of compassion. They simply cannot justify the suffering they feel and see.

People of all walks of life and animals are attracted to the warmth and genuine compassion of empaths. Regardless of whether others are aware of one being empathic, people are drawn to them as a metal object is to a magnet! They are like beacons of light.

Even complete strangers find it easy to talk to empaths about the most personal things, and before they know it, they have poured out their hearts and souls without intending to do so consciously. It is as though on a sub-conscious level that person knows instinctively that empaths would listen with compassionate understanding.

Here are the listeners of life. Empaths are often problem solvers, thinkers, and studiers of many things. As far as empaths are concerned, where a problem is, so too is the answer. They often will search until they find one--if only for peace of mind.
Take Care

Alan

jason

I would be a most definate "yes".I've known for awhile-& it is difficult sometimes, & there isn't anyone I can talk to about it right now. :oops:
The musical conciousness is mind beneath the sun.

Alan McDougall

Jason talk to me via my email or by the forums personal message facilty.

I can help, most likely you suffer from depression or bipolar?

Alan
Take Care

Alan

Darkangel7

I have been an Empath all my life. A lot of cases are where my emotions take on the form of a person next to me. It sometimes really sucks.
Everyone is an angel, no matter dark or light

relV

Best Wishes
Ariel
Overcome the physical illusion
Be one with the universe.

kurai kokoro

Alan I think I too Maybe an empath, All my Friends always tell me personal stuff when I Don't expect it,
And my Brother might be one as well, sometimes He'll Hug me when i'm sad but don't show it, Other times my brother might be mad at me but represses it because he is my brother and I tend to take his anger I Never knew I Could be an empath one time my Other brother (not by blood or marrage) he'll get mad at his wife and she would too and I feel hate and despir. kinda scary. I thought they was my emotions.
I have Always thought that i'm a rock but only recently realize that no one is.
"I am the Phoenix that engulfed the dragon."

Alan McDougall

reVl

Quotewhat is bipolar?

It is a mood disorder also Known as manic depression. It can manifest itself as mildly abnormal swings in mood, from depressed to happy in cycles and this person can usually live a normal but sometimes also require medication to control it

And then there is the extreme type of manic depression (which I have suffered from since I was young)

This state varies from absolute black hopelessness and dispair alternating with periods of extreme euphoria, joy. exhilaration, which if not controlled can spiral upward into total psychosis

Untreated like I was as a youth lead to unimaginable speakable suffering. But I have been well for the past ten years but have to take medication for th rest of my life.
Take Care

Alan

Stookie

Everyone has the ability to experience empathy. Some are just more sensitive to it than others. It's simply the ability to experience another being's feelings as your own. It's not always correct and needs to be kept in check.

An example would be watching a fictional movie and empathizing with a characters pain. They aren't real and their pain is only acted, but it's possible to trick your psyche into feeling for that person. In other words, a person overly empathetic can be more easily manipulated. When it becomes a problem for a person, it is possible to change it. You don't have to say "I'm an empath so I can't go to a party". Putting the title "empath" on yourself could even ground you deeper into the belief that that's who you are, when it's not - it's simply the experience of empathy. It can be controlled just like anger. And just like anger, it's not always easy.

Of course empathy is an awesome thing too. It's what allows us to connect to each other on emotional levels, be happy or proud or worried for others, & makes us want to help others.

I used to have problems with this myself, but through meditation I've learned to distinguish what is helpful and what isn't and how to filter it out. As with all things, keeping it in check and balanced is important.

Alan McDougall

Stookie nice post

QuoteEveryone has the ability to experience empathy. Some are just more sensitive to it than others. It's simply the ability to experience another being's feelings as your own. It's not always correct and needs to be kept in check.

You are so right-it needs to be understood controlled and kept in check But it an awesome thing and we can see that in the compassionate work of Mother Teresa. She battled to keep it in check and this lead her to battle with doubt
Take Care

Alan

Stookie

:) I was going to use Mother Teresa as an example but didn't want to make my post too long