News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Bald?

Previous topic - Next topic

Qui-Gon Jinn

I can´t in my wildest fantasy - well perhaps if I dig real deep - believe it could have any difference being bald or lots of hair up there.
And I hope not, since I´m growing mine "Qui-Gon- style".... hehee ...

Take care!

- Your focus determines your reality -

cainam_nazier

And to think, I don't have to dig deep cause I don't have all my hair in the way! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>  
That and my brain just works this way some times.  Is that healthy?

"It's not a bald spot!  It's a solar panel for a love machine."

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com

WalkerInTheWoods

I cannot see why it would make a difference. It might make a difference to you personally for psycological reasons. It could also be that since you have changed your hairstyle your attention is more directed toward your head and this newness you have about you. This could be adding more energy to your upper chakras and making it easier for you. (It sounds good anyway :) )
I have thought about shaving my head and if I do I will let you know if anything changes. Though I do not know if I will because my girlfriend said she would kill me if I did. :)

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

cainam_nazier

I have had my head shaved for over a year now so it's not really new.  Good thought any how.

Could it have anything to do with self image?  I only ask that because a persons inner self image does not always match what they look like.  But you can not describe your own inner self image.  But would it be possible that the more you do things to change your body to match that image you are some how drawn closer to the inner you.  And therefor a touch closer to your energy self.  And that would create a hightend sense of "feeling".

Sound plauseable?

"It is the mental projection of your digitale self."

David Rogalski

distant bell

Every time I see a picture of a asian munk I feel like shaving my head- but I still havn´t done it. It might ad to the feeling of spirituality though- but that´s probably just a self image thing.

-- Love is the Law - Love under Will --

cainam_nazier

I do find that for me it was some what of a freeing experience the 1st time.  I think of it now as a way of saying, "Look I have nothing to hide."

I also tend to like that slapping sound that is made when clasping it after a fresh shave. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_wink.gif" border=0>

"You will bring us a shrubbery or we will say NE"

David Rogalski

Qui-Gon Jinn

I have many times thought about shaving it all of, but never done it.
One get inspired when seeing - like Felix says - buddhist munks and other "spiritual engaged" people with their "top shining", it looks so fockin´ (sorry) comfortable and "free" sorta...

But I think Mozez the cat would go on a hunger strike or something if I did, since his #1 favourite hobby is to chew on mehair...  Now he is drinking in my fountain, that lil bastard!! ;)  I think he has mutated into a beaver, cause he uses his sharp lil teeth pretty frequently as well as don´t mind getting wet....

Be well //Qui-Gon

WalkerInTheWoods

Here in Tennessee, USA we have been having unseasonably warm weather. It makes me want to just shave my head to be cooler (temperature wise not hip) and to not have to deal with hair. I think it would make me feel free just because I would not have to worry about washing my hair, just run a wash cloth over it, and not have to comb it or worry how it looks in the mornings. Hey, it might save me a few minutes that I could use to sleep in. This might be a good idea. Hehe

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Bhikku

Greetings fellow melonheads! I have been shaving my head since I graduated college 2 years ago. I find it to be much more "pure" if that makes any sense. I feel much cleaner, it's easy to keep up (no bed-head) and makes me feel liberated in a way. I don't know if it's really made me more receptive, but for a fact I was far less spiritually involved 2 years ago....

"Look within, thou art the Budda"

distant bell

Beenig totaly shaved seems like alot of work actaually- once I used to have one of those "hair cutting maschines" -like the ones they have in the army, and then I used to cut the hair down to say 10 milimeters every month or so, it was wery practicall and cheap- no paing 20 bucks at the barbers any more  :)

Well, but thinking about really SHAVING seems different- don´t you guys have to shave almoust every week?  do you use some machine or blades?

Well here in sweden we have a six months winter- so too short hair can get a bit cold- so I always let it grow a bit longer in the winter- don´t you agree Richard?

Qui-Gon Jinn

Felix, did you have to remind about our 6 month winter ;)  But I agree, being completely hairless (up front) could be pretty cold when living as we do up in Scandinavia.  Let me tell you, its pretty darn cold - but the girls.... ahh the girls, you americans and aussies don´t know what you are missing ;)
They make up for the cold no doubt, and they have to keep warm you know - that´s when us guys comes in and saves the day......  =^[)
 I could live with the winter being narrowed down to 3 months though, since I enjoy the summer more to be honest.
 Anyway, I´m gonna sacrifice this summer to be warm when next winter strikes, meaning I ain´t touching my hair, sure I´ll be sweating like an icecream this summer...  I´ll probably look one of the "psycklos" from Battlefield Earth by then next winter....  can´t wait..

Be well //Qui-Gon

cainam_nazier

FallnAngel77, Distant Bell, Qui-gon Jinn

You know the only thing is that I always get the urge the worst during the winter.  Seems kinda odd.  But every time I have done it it was in the winter.  But now it has been a winter, summer, winter, and summer soon again.  I think I am going to keep doing this for a while.

Bhikku

I know what you mean about feeling just generally cleaner.  Of course with my job it is definatly a bonus since I no longer have to try and wash gearse, soot, dirt, and god knows what else from my hair.   The only thing being no when I smake my head on stuff it seems to hurt more and EVERY ONE can see the marks from it.

Distant Bell

To answer your question.  Some times its once a week and sometimes its every other day.  On day two your head kinda gets like sandpaper because of the stubble.  And I usually use a razor to shave it.  I might trim it down first with a beard trimmer but after that I grab the Bic.  Electric razors take too long and they can actually hurt a little.

"Your hair isn't falling out!  It's falling in and clogging your brain!"

David Rogalski

distant bell

Qui-Richard -
You just had to mention those swedish woman ey? Riding the cliche about swedish woman!.... but hey, what else could we poor scandinavians brag about??? After all, it´s not really the sunshine coast we´re living at http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

But I have to say that woman of al countries have there charms! I really love
the dark haired kind to .... My father lives in Spain- and Caramba!!!

Sorry if this sounded Machisimo- not my intention ;)

cainam_nazier

Of course if you want to talk women.  Living in the desert can be a definate plus.  Look at it this way.  More heat = Less Cloths.  And summer is always long here in Phoenix, AZ.

"wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?"

David Rogalski

distant bell

Hey David- that equation seems so beatufilly logically true!!!
More heat= Less cloths... there can´t be any doubt about that-

By the way- Whitch way is arizona?

Rob

Hey who was that bible character who had loads of hair and was really strong but then he got with some decietful women who was under the control of some hateful king and she chopped all his hair off in the night, and he ended up really weak, got captured and dies pulling down a temple he was imprisoned in...or something. And why do all serious spritual people have either reeeeaaaallly long hair or none at all????? eg Roberto Bruceo the dude said once he has long hair and a big beard - like to see that! I saw the head druid in England once on TV too and he had the same. But then Buddists like the Dalia Lama have no hair, as per their tradition I suppose.
I figured it could be something to do with lack of care about local culture and fashion and all that lowly malarky.

And if you are talking about women....just come to bath uni. My own theory is that the honies migraten in from local the area, leaving them desperately understocked....um
I'm going now before someone verbally kicks my head in lol
(!!!!!!!!)

(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Qui-Gon Jinn

Right about that one Inguma!
 I haven´t up to this day seen any ("famous" that is) mystic or munk or someone "openly" very spiritually engaged individual with their hair short, parted in the middle (mittbena)....
 Either bald, or long hair (often accompanied with a pretty awesome beard) seems to be the thing...  I guess it is much because neither needs to be conditioned so often, no time wasting fixing the hair and stuff..

Wouldn´t the Dalai Lama look cool on shoulder long hair and a massive beard!!?´   Now that´d be a sight...

Be well //Qui-Gon

distant bell

lol  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

cainam_nazier

Certain trends like that often make you wonder.  And the Bible character was Samson, it think.  Yes his hair was his strength.    But the hair nor hair thing often reverts back to being more connected.  I have determined that there aer basic to character types for religion in general.  You have your free spirit wanderer types, Jesus and the like.  And you have your truth seeking enlightenment kind, the Dalai Lamma and others.   You have the long hair type who orginally spent most of thier time outside civilazation and the bald ones who spent most of their time in the middle of it.
It is an interesting thing to look at.

Arizona is in the South West United States.

David Rogalski

Qui-Gon Jinn

Henrik Larrson, one of Swedens top 3 footballers, famous for his long dreadlocks, shaved his head some time ago, and he then scored goals like ever before...  so not everybody is like Samson in that field..

David, I get that impression to somehow, wandering "types" (just for example fiction figure Caine, the kung fu legend) have long hair, and people who isn´t so "wandery" like for example munks, often spending most of their times around a monastery (right word?) wears...  yea you guessed it, no hair..   pretty neat....  or couse the ones who stay put perhaps have easier access to shaving gear........ ;)

Ciao bello //Qui-Gon

Bhikku

I let my hair grow 1 week, sometimes 2 before cutting again with "clippers" is the word some was looking for earlier; i.e. "the machine".  The longer your hair grows the eaisier to get it shaved down again.

As for climate, I live in the south-western most point of the US, San Diego California, where it is summer-like weather all year round, perfect for the shaved head. Living in this part of the US definitly has it's perks as far as the female scene goes. Believe me when I say, your heads would spin.

"Look within, thou art the Budda"

cainam_nazier

Yes and it spins more freely with out the hair! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_wink.gif" border=0>

And one more thing...For those of us who have the doo, or rather lack there of.  How many people do you know that just like to touch it cause it's bald?

I actually had some one lick my melon after a fresh shave just so they could say they've done it.  But he has always been really wierd.  Yes HE.  It's a long story.  But lots of people just like to touch it.

And besides, I'm just getting a jump start on nature.

David Rogalski

Qui-Gon Jinn

"Yes and it spins more freely with out the hair! "
 May be David, BUT, we who have long hair can check out the honnies behind our hair without being noticed.....  ;)   I guess everything has a front and a backside..

Bhikku, believe me when I say it is like that in Sweden also, head spinning I mean... but unlike San Diego California only for 3 months tops...  then it is back to cooler climate.. =([

WalkerInTheWoods

I have never had my head shaved bald before, but I have had a bur (spelling??), you know just about down to stubble. Well everyone wanted to touch my head then. I sure did not mind all the girls touching it. Now I have long hair and it has its advantages as well, one already stated. Something weird I have noticed but I cannot headbang, not like I do it much anyway, with short hair. I get a headache if I do. But with long hair I experience no ill effects. Go figure. Seems girls are rather fond of long hair in my area. Unfortunately no one seems to want to touch it like they do with bald heads.

Since this has pretty much gotten off the original question I am going to ask something. What do you think of bald chics? On certain girls I think it is very sexy.

Qui-Gon Jinn

Well fallnangel77, if anywhere a topic goes off-topic it´d logically be here on the Astral Chat ey´...   of course all appearances has their charm, but for me, from a "pure physically attraction" perspective - a bald lady wouldn´t do it, plain and simple... (unless I was in love with the girl of course, then it wouldn´t matter)
If I could help it, my lady wouldn´t look like a marine....  unless her name was G.I. Jane of course, then she could have had no hair, hell, from the "p.p.a." perspective I mentioned a few lines up, she would do fine with no head... lol..
that body of hers is good enough...  (hoping no ladies read this;)

Afterall, hair is pretty much only "dead substance"...........

Be well...  ohh.. and ladies, excuse moi for... well ya know.. no hard feelings I hope?  //Qui-Gon