News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Being forced to change

Previous topic - Next topic

Methen

I often hear people say that change is unavoidable and that we much change in order to grow, Now only do I not like that, It scares the hell out of me
There are things that are very important to me to think that I will lose interest in the things I love makes me very sad and depressed, I have not interest in changing who and what I am for that is what makes up who and what we are, Why should anyone be forced to give up what is important to then and be forced to become something that have no desire to become I know I will fight that tooth and nail, What is your opinion on being forced to changed?

LightBeam

Depends on what kind of a force. But if you feel like you have to fight, then fight. Each moment of our existence is lessons. There is value in each of them. You will eventually come to your own realizations and find your own truths.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

floriferous

Quote from: Methen on April 12, 2022, 22:12:35
I often hear people say that change is unavoidable and that we much change in order to grow, Now only do I not like that, It scares the hell out of me
There are things that are very important to me to think that I will lose interest in the things I love makes me very sad and depressed, I have not interest in changing who and what I am for that is what makes up who and what we are, Why should anyone be forced to give up what is important to then and be forced to become something that have no desire to become I know I will fight that tooth and nail, What is your opinion on being forced to changed?

I personally don't think change is primarily necessitated by a need to grow but rather it will happen irrespective of this because the nature of all experience is to constantly morph and change. Change is something that is not forced but rather the natural flow of experiencing.  Even the things we think are reasonably static or permanent (like my body) are ultimately changing in every moment. Cells dying and being reborn and all the other millions of different physiological functions changing. Thoughts always drift and never stay still. Sensations are indefinable due to their transient nature. Nothing is ultimately definable or permanent due to ever transient nature of experience.

Nothing holds still.

I think the sooner we see this the easier it is to let go of such attachment to form. How can can you hold onto something that is always morphing? Like trying to hold a river in place.

No two moments are the same therefore every single moment is born and then instantly dies. That is a defining feature of experience.

Life can be so much more enjoyable when you let go of resistance to what is

LightBeam

Quote from: floriferous on April 13, 2022, 15:04:29
I personally don't think change is primarily necessitated by a need to grow but rather it will happen irrespective of this because the nature of all experience is to constantly morph and change. Change is not something that is not forced but rather the natural flow of experiencing.  Even the things we think are reasonably static or permanent (like my body) is ultimately changing in every moment. Cells dying and being reborn and all the other millions of different physiological functions changing. Thoughts always drift and never stay still. Sensations are indefinable due to their transient nature. Nothing is ultimately definable or permanent due to ever transient nature of experience.

Nothing holds still.

I think the sooner we see this the easier it is to let go of such attachment to form. How can can you hold onto something that is always morphing? Like trying to hold a river in place.

No two moments are the same therefore every single moment is born and then instantly dies. That is a defining feature of experience.

Life can be so much more enjoyable when you let go of resistance to what is

Very well said! True happiness is to accept the inevitable changes and explore every new moment in our journeys.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Methen

I think a lot of has to do with all the stress we endure in this life with all its rules and expectations of what people are suppose to give up and are expected to do based on nothing more then someones age, or not having people there when you truly need them

We are being forced to give up the very things that make up who and what we are
and that is something that brings tears to my eyes...

floriferous

Can you be more specific about what you personally are being forced to give up?

Nameless

Quote from: Methen on April 13, 2022, 17:02:54
I think a lot of has to do with all the stress we endure in this life with all its rules and expectations of what people are suppose to give up and are expected to do based on nothing more then someones age, or not having people there when you truly need them

We are being forced to give up the very things that make up who and what we are
and that is something that brings tears to my eyes...
Floriferous is spot on.

It's the very things we are forced to do throughout life that shape who and what we are. Without that we remain babes lost in the woods.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

Like the REO Speedwagon song says, "you have to roll with the changes"!   :-)

Life is about growth and growth comes through all the changes we go through in our lifetime(s)!
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

floriferous

Here is a passage from John Astin which I think is pertinent and full of wisdom...

One moment there is an experience of being at peace, happy, and centered. And then for whatever reason the experience fades. We sense that the peace we had a moment ago is now gone...So, we set out on a journey to try to recapture it  - we do spiritual practices, try to relax, go on retreat or vacation.

But to live this way is to live in bondage, for the truth is that all states and experiences, whether profoundly satisfying or horrifically painful, are transitory. Their nature is to not remain. And as long as we continue to seek our ultimate satisfaction and fulfillment through obtaining and holding on to particular experiences, we will forever live in a state of fear for we will know on a very deep level that we're standing on shaky ground.

We will be forever frustrated, attempting to hold onto what cannot be held, trying with all our might to keep the clouds from changing.

But there is a way out of this prison: Simply stop feeding the mind's habit of dividing the world up into "this is it" and "this isn't it", and accept the possibility that this is always it.

Too Intimate For Words

John Astin

PerspectiveShift

Quote from: floriferous on April 25, 2022, 23:12:56
Here is a passage from John Astin which I think is pertinent and full of wisdom...

One moment there is an experience of being at peace, happy, and centered. And then for whatever reason the experience fades. We sense that the peace we had a moment ago is now gone...So, we set out on a journey to try to recapture it  - we do spiritual practices, try to relax, go on retreat or vacation.

But to live this way is to live in bondage, for the truth is that all states and experiences, whether profoundly satisfying or horrifically painful, are transitory. Their nature is to not remain. And as long as we continue to seek our ultimate satisfaction and fulfillment through obtaining and holding on to particular experiences, we will forever live in a state of fear for we will know on a very deep level that we're standing on shaky ground.

We will be forever frustrated, attempting to hold onto what cannot be held, trying with all our might to keep the clouds from changing.

But there is a way out of this prison: Simply stop feeding the mind's habit of dividing the world up into "this is it" and "this isn't it", and accept the possibility that this is always it.

Too Intimate For Words

John Astin

Those are some great words.

Yes, change is inevitable. It can be frustrating or saddening, but it's part of life. It can also be something to look forwards to.

It depends on which side of the hill or valley you are on at the moment. The book The Kybalion really helped me understand this concept. They mention the Law of Rhythm and how experience is like a swinging pendulum. The key is to not swing with the pendulum, but stay centered with your emotions. Over time you can actually raise your vibration through training and you will be internally happy regardless of your outer circumstances.

Non-attachment is also a great thing to practice in this experience as you will start to achieve an absence of fear. Releasing attachment to "good" and "bad" things (good and bad actually doesn't exist as nothing is inherently good or bad). Allowing yourself to let go of the things you don't want to change. Letting go is true freedom.

It doesn't mean you don't enjoy doing things that you love, but being attached to this thing is causing fear to enter your life. The Fear of change that haunts you now.

If you can purchase and read the book FEAR by Thich Nhat Hahn, it is one of the greatest books I've ever read specifically on this subject. There are many practices that allow you to face your fears and integrate with them. Then there is no more fear lurking over you and you start to live in peace.

Hopefully this helps! :)
Be the change you want to see in the world.