News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Benefits of "Listening" when meditating?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

Just another simple question and I wanted to ask if this was a good idea. Basically, when meditating, I was wondering if it would be beneficial to, in a sense, focus on the silence with my ears. Like I'm listening out for nothing. I've read that doing thing can lead to hearing blood flow when exits start to occur, but I was also wondering if this would help.

Thanks!

Xanth

Quote from: Jdeadevil on February 28, 2014, 18:21:38
Just another simple question and I wanted to ask if this was a good idea. Basically, when meditating, I was wondering if it would be beneficial to, in a sense, focus on the silence with my ears. Like I'm listening out for nothing. I've read that doing thing can lead to hearing blood flow when exits start to occur, but I was also wondering if this would help.

Thanks!
Scenario!

Have you ever been out in the woods with a friend (or whoever) and they say "LISTEN!"... and at that point you listen REALLY intently on anything and everything?
That is the same thing.  Listen, intently to everything and anything.

So yes, I'm with Lionheart.  YES.  :)

Jdeadevil

Xanth

Quote from: Jdeadevil on February 28, 2014, 23:37:45
Only when playing Legend of Zelda. ;)
I remember once when I was playing my Dwarf tank in World of Warcraft... I was tanking a dungeon with 4 other people, and I was SO FOCUSED on what I was doing that I slipped into a rather deep meditative state for about a good minute.  It was rather trippy.  I was tanking just fine and everything, but was just "not here".  LoL

So as you can see, one doesn't even have to 'stop thinking' in order to project.  You just need to retain a focus away from this physical reality somehow.  This was one of the key experiences which lead me to this concept.

Jdeadevil

Well, that's the thing I did this afternoon, and it worked! I actually phased out of my body, my house and the landscape around my house was very different with similarities as usual though. Like, after my eyes opened on other side, my Simpsons posters were still there, and I walked to my door and opened it (just like I do in waking life). I hovered over my banister on-top of the staircase to inspect a load of pictures that were framed there. Whoever owned this house appeared to be obsessed with dictators like Adolf Hitler and Kim Jong Un, and then a random advertisement sticker for a Gay Bar somewhere else. Anyway, LOL, I went downstairs and opened my front door and had a little exploration. I didn't have Dragonball Z powers, as usual, but I could fly and swim through the air. I was about to climb a wall but I got bored and woke up in the physical.

I wish I could retain my physical memories perfectly and connect to the REAL world.. I'm sure experience will teach me how to do this as-well as time travel, but as I said on the Astral Pulse Facebook group, this is assuming I can do the same thing tomorrow morning.

Xanth

Quote from: Jdeadevil on March 02, 2014, 14:41:16
I wish I could retain my physical memories perfectly and connect to the REAL world.. I'm sure experience will teach me how to do this as-well as time travel, but as I said on the Astral Pulse Facebook group, this is assuming I can do the same thing tomorrow morning.
There's an active astral pulse facebook group?!  :)
Now that you mention it, I seem to remember something about that from a long time ago...

Jdeadevil

Yes, haha

https://www.facebook.com/groups/136821443053885/

I tried projecting doing the same thing I did last time, 2 mornings in a row and it hasn't done anything. I seem to remember last time it worked, I awoke and fell back to sleep a few times accidentally. Shall I set three times on my alarm? One to do nothing and just go back to sleep after, one to wake up again, only to go back to sleep after, and the third one to try and project? As far as I've researched, the sluggish feeling helps a lot

Szaxx

Quote from: Jdeadevil on March 04, 2014, 18:56:54

One to do nothing and just go back to sleep after, one to wake up again, only to go back to sleep after, and the third one to try and project? As far as I've researched, the sluggish feeling helps a lot

Do nothing,
You said the magic words.
Listening is being passive too, this is also magic.
Staying just aware enough without falling to sleep is the way to go.
I'll post something soon that you may like to try. It's an easy method and I'm sure it'll be to your liking.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Jdeadevil

Okay cool.. Getting a working method that works all the time is harder than it sounds, conditions always change >_<