News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Biking

Previous topic - Next topic

Qui-Gon Jinn

Well Felix, if you are lucky the bastard - and I say bastard in a nice way, ehum.. - who stole my m- bike recently, took it down to Lund and tries to sell it down there...   have your eyes open for a green/black Scott Boulder, you´ll get it pretty cheap I reckon´... ;)  It was a fine bike that one, ahh... memories..
 I absolutely love m- biking, and as soon as my economy improves just slightly I´ll head out and buy a new one...  a shame I am not in the skåne neighbour hood anymore, I mean if I were we could go out make the forrests unsafe...  you´re right about the meditation feeling, when I head out in to the forrest on my bikie, and specifically on the really nasty terrain areas - I head to concentrate 100% on what I did, otherwise I´d risk cracking my spine or something nice like that falling off the bike in a downhill mountainside....   my noisy surface mind went pretty as much silent as the gliding hawk above...

A tip is to check out the internet auctions (sp?), that is were I got mine 60-70% cheaper than I´d had to give in the bike shop.  Of course I knew what the bike was good for since my bro had the exact one, perhaps not so wise to just buy one on the internet for the looks of it...

Mountainbiking is tha bomb!!

Be well //Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -

muzza

Meditation is all about being in the moment. Concentrating 100% on one thing...there are a lot of activities that create that feeling. I used to surf almost every day when I was growing up and for me it was more of a spiritual experience than anything else. Ah, the good old days!

Anyway...enjoy it guys! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

-- Muzza

distant bell

Hi Richard!

Yeah, I wil buy a montainbike when I get better economy too!! But that will be that day... I have 300 skr (30 dollars..) to live on until the 26th... I´ll just have to go on a oatmeal diet!   I manage to break my economy every month.
I wounder If I will ever get a new bike- probably not.

Yeah many activitys are like this- I used to swim before- crawling- and
that was like meditation too..

-- Love is the Law - Love under Will --

goku22

I wanted to respond to this a long time ago but I couldn't post until now. I ride my bike to work and back everyday, it's about 3 miles each way. I LOVE it! I have car but I always ride unless it's raining really hard (I like rain but it's a grump to clean out my gears) or I'm just super tired. I love the focus that you get from riding and I love the feel of the wind and I love the feel of my muscles straining on a hill and I love the overall physical, mental, emotional, and dare I say spiritual benefits that I get from riding. I just love all of it. I spent about $250 on my bike and it's been worth at least 2 or 3 times that in just gas money saved over the last 9 months, and 50 times that in just pure enjoyment.  Ben

steveb

D .B  ,I can uderstand where your coming from inregards to ,"being in the momment" whilst on a bike. If you should ever be planning a trip to the land of OZ,every Novenmber in Victoria we have the "Great Victorian Bike
Ride". It runs for ten days and usualy covers from 500-600 km's distant in total.Everything is catered for,you turn up with your bike and bag and of you go. All the staff in relation to transport,catering ect are volunteers, A lge number of the volunteers are from OS,they work hard but patry just as hard.

Steve

distant bell

Hi! My first post on the new improved forum- pretty cool http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_big.gif" border=0>

Well, I was just curious if there are other people out there who like me love
to bike at a break neck speed. I used to have a mountain bike- but sadly
it was one of those cheap asian ones, so after a year or so it was really not as good as it should have been... Now I have a good old fashion three gered bike, wery stable and strong.. but not really as quik in the stearing as a mountainbike - and the weight... huh!
.Anyhow, it is quite a great feeling to go fast with a bike- when a certain speed is reached one really melts together with the bike and it becoms an extention of the body- and the the concentration is fully in the moment, actually it´s a bit like meditation! This is specially noticeable when on bikes
in the city between cars and people.

I will probably buy a mountain bike again when I gett the mony- but next time
I´ll go for a good one... and then I will try to go out into the woods with it.

Felix

-- Love is the Law - Love under Will --