News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Cave painting found where Jesus Died

Previous topic - Next topic

jason

The musical conciousness is mind beneath the sun.

no_leaf_clover

QuoteSo THAT'S what really happened

lmao!

That's some cave painting, too.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Gandalf

"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Quantitativefool

Wonderful artwork! It all makes sense now!

beavis

The Ghostbusters of course are stronger than Jesus. They have guns with particle accelerators.

Kazbadan

The pic just dont show the winner....maybe Jesus was good with Kamehameha (you know, Goku power from Dragon Ball Z).

The image its damn fun!, loool!!
I love you!

Katkandoo_kw

Quote from: beavisThe Ghostbusters of course are stronger than Jesus. They have guns with particle accelerators.
theres no way in hell that ghostbusters are stronger than Jesus.  Jesus is part of the Lord Almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth of all that is Seen and Unseen
dont drink and drive you might spill the drink

Gandalf

theres no way in hell that ghostbusters are stronger than Jesus. Jesus is part of the Lord Almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth of all that is Seen and Unseen

And since when has that stopped the Ghostbusters?  :wink:

Also, they may be the secret branch of the company, known as the *holy-ghost busters*  :lol:

Doug

PS nice Roman toga that jesus is wearing! religious artists hardly ever have any idea about authentic clothing, appropriate to the cultures they attempt to depict!

Zante

People call me ignorant for being an evangelist as they think I'm out to make them feel bad about themselves and take offence in anything involving Jesus in a context other than the bible. I refuse to be offended by this but there're people here who will be offended and, in turn, will either be vocal about it or simply lose faith in these forums or worst, have their faith in Jesus affected by something so stupid. This whole thread is counter-productive and most of you have no idea of what you're doing. Think before putting something like this up, that's all.

Zante

Quote from: MajorTomThere is nothing "holy" here Zante. You better get used that quickly, or else these forums may not be for you.

Would it have been ok if it were Buddha or Mohammed?

In answer to your question, no.

In response to your statement, is that what you all tell yourselves in order to take a seemingly justified stab at religion like this?

If that's the case then you, all of you, need to examine your thought processes more.

Am I really being offensive, are you going to ban me for it?

Am I inhibiting your OBE experimentation by asking you not to make fun of religion?

I guess I had better apologise then. I came to these forums because I know something's there but up until now, in the context of christianity at least, it's triggered from the outside by entities who know how and why to use it in order to converse with someone. I find Robert Bruce and his work fascinating but I'm not so subjective that I'd tell people to stop believing in their religion.

Gandalf

Yes, people shouldnt be offended so easily! I'm sure jesus doesnt mind, does he have no sense of humour?  

As for 'making fun of religion'. Such a light hearted joke in no way constitutes an attack on religion as far as all reasonable individuals are concerned; thats the kind of dogmatic statement one would expect in Iran, not a free-speaking forum.
Of course we do not sanction out and out attacks on any religion, but there is no harm in gentle humour. In fact it is my view that a sense of humour is an *essential balance* to any facet of human endevour, be it religion, politics, relationships or whatever.
It is a well balanced sense of humour that stops religious belief toppling over into fundamentalism. This is not a board for fundamentalists!

One thing people have to remember about these forums, is that a sense of humour is activly promoted! Unfortunatly, some people occasionally appear who seem to have had a humour bypass, but that is no reason to be uptight. There are no 'sacred cows' here and this board is non-religion specific. There is no harm at having a light-hearted religious themed joke and if some people find such things so offensive to their beliefs and can't handle that then i'm afraid they won't enjoy these forums very much.

Doug

Nay

Couldn't have said it better Doug.   Perhaps we can take this opportunity to learn from this hiccup?

I'm not sure if I'm the one that should start because well....I find humor in everything..:P  Except child abuse...nothing funny about that.

I hold Jesus in my heart, but thought the picture was quite funny.  Does that then make my love less or untrue?  Nah, I like to think he has a wonder sense of humor and what isn't better than being able to laugh at ONESELF?

Zante, I hope you continue to frequent the forums.  And I am sorry you found it offensive.   Can you express what it was that you felt when you saw it.  Was it anger, sadness, or how about a pity for the ones whom found it funny.etc.....and why?  

Just wanting to understand and learn from this thread. :)

Take Care,
Nay

Zante

Nay

To answer your question, there was a time when I would have been offended by that sort of content but as I grew in christ I came to realise I actually wanted to feel offended by this sort of thing in order to prove to myself I was serious about my christianity.

To get to the point, I myself wasn't offended by it. As for my immediate reaction, it was hesitation. I understand the humour people may find in it but if someone truly understands what Jesus did (it's not as simple as giving his life, as the son of god, for all our sins) there is no way they could busrt out laughing. After my hesitation I started to feel saddened by the ignorance people exhibit simply because they've touched upon something that makes them feel superior to someone, or a body of people, with an apparently conflicting dogma.

Jesus has appeared to many people, most of whom are very low profile but exhibit great determination in doing work for christ. I'm talking about people who risk their lives to smuggle bibles to people desperate for hope in places where christianity is almost outlawed. The problem with Jesus and his imagery is that the church has attained this stereotypical image of blind faith and as a result some people find it easy to ridicule others for their belief. Yes there're people who exploit christians and their beliefs but those people themselves are not christians.

People tend to lack faith once they find something that appears to give "quick results" and is outside the teachings of their religion. OBE changes a person's perspective on life and without guidance it builds an ego. I don't fully understand it, Robert Bruce doesn't fully understand it but we all aim to with time. My main concern is why this "dweller on the threshold" is always there (for some people at least) and if we create it why we can't control it rather than try to ignore it.  

I'm sorry to ramble on like this but it just goes to show you it's deeper than alot of people think.

Furthermore, all I asked was that people think before posting something like this. Not that they should be attacked for it.

Gandalf

I understand the humour people may find in it but if someone truly understands what Jesus did (it's not as simple as giving his life, as the son of god, for all our sins) there is no way they could busrt out laughing.

Well, the thing is, jesus and what  'he did for us' means different things to different people. As example, you assume that the 'dying for our sins' is the only interpretation for christs sacrifice in the biblical story and take it for granted (I take it you mean by that phrase the concept that christ took our sins upon himself and atoned for them, thus saving us). Actually, sacrificial atonement is NOT accepted by all liberal christians today and there are other possible interpretations for the message behind christs dying on the cross. try this: 'eg he knew he would be executed but came down to earth anyway to show by example of his own sacrifice what can happen through violence, hatred and lack of understanding, that is: 'look what happened when i (god) came among you.. you killed me... think about what hatred and intolorance will make you do to each other'.

i have never accepted the sacrificial atonement idea as although it makes you feel for jesus, it certainly doesnt make you like god very much. Look at Mel gibson's movie for example. it makes you feel for jesus but the whole idea of taking all that punishment for sin... like god was insistant on it... even if he redirected it at himself via his own son, makes god out to be a savage. For this reason , i do not accept the atonement interpretation given in the bible. Unfortunatly, literal conservative christians have no way of seeing it any other way, as they believe every word is written in stone as the word of god, allowing no other interpretation, which is sad imo.

Anyway.... now im way off, but the point is jesus means different things to different people, and I respect your view on it, but you have to allow other people theirs.. and adopting a stance of humour sometimes is not wrong nor is it evidence of 'ignorance' as has been said earlier.

Doug

Zante

Gandalf

The fact that Jesus means different things to different people should be enough to make you understand that the picture will also have multiple interpretations. One interpretation being the Ghostbusters trying to restrain an evil spirit whilst seemingly ignorant followers look on in disbelief.

Now, if you mean by me having to allow people to have their opinion of Jesus that I have to seriously consider the above scenario, I refuse.

I don't want to get into a discussion involving the acceptance of sacrificial atonement nor the categorization of christians themselves, further fragmenting the church. There're plenty of other forums for that. Why you brought a movie into this I have no idea why. Jesus came to give us his commandment, "to love one another" as well as to die for our sins. He gave us work to do, not to bicker pointlessly over some hidden agenda god may or may not have.

"What if" scenarios are all well and good but if you want to seriously discuss that try http://www.raptureready.com (or not, be warned it's a biased community).

As for Jesus having a sense of humour, I don't think there's much to laugh about given the state of the world. Nor do I think he would grace someone with a "reply" (as we understand the term) if they were ever able to ask him what he thought regarding the subject of that picture. Then again, this is MY opinion.

All I requested was that people think a bit before posting content like that, not that they twist simple reasoning to the point that it becomes warped. I'm not posting this out of self-righteous indignation, the purpose is simply to point out that some people may find it offensive. Nothing more and nothing less. Some people may find it funny too but I doubt it'll make their day as good as it could've been bad had someone taken offense.

Be careful, some people may find it offensive. Especially with the thread title and lack of a caption.

no_leaf_clover

Just because someone might be offended by something is no reason not to do it. If it did some type of deliberate physical/emotional/etc. harm to someone via such an action, then that's different. But seriously.. It's a picture of Jesus having a run-in with the Ghostbusters. If someone has a problem with that, they lead a very sheltered life, and could use even just a wee bit of religious tolerance.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Zante

Quote from: no_leaf_cloverJust because someone might be offended by something is no reason not to do it. If it did some type of deliberate physical/emotional/etc. harm to someone via such an action, then that's different. But seriously.. It's a picture of Jesus having a run-in with the Ghostbusters. If someone has a problem with that, they lead a very sheltered life, and could use even just a wee bit of religious tolerance.

Yes, opinion noted. Get my point?

It sends a message to people.

Or better yet, let me get someone who is offended by it and you can tell them that  he/she needs more tolerance and that they should seek help.

Gandalf

Ok it comes down to the final point: get a sense of humour people!

If you dont have a sense of humour or are so dogmatic that you find a simple joke offensive then by all means don't look at it. The rest of us can have a laugh!

End of discussion!

Doug