News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Chat Rooms

Previous topic - Next topic

whiterose

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but does anyone know of any Chatrooms where the discussion include Astral Projection, OBE's etc.

Thanks in advance

Grigori

Sorry no but I'd be happy to provide a chatroom for astralpulse if people would like one :)

whiterose

Well I'd certainly be a regular, although I can't believe there isn't already one somewhere out there.  I have looked but as I'm not the best at navigating the web, I've gone up a few dead ends.

Grigori

They are great when people can agree on a time to meet but the usual problem is timing  :-(

whiterose

There must be enough people interested in these subjects so that you wouldn't have to arrange times etc..  I don't know the logistics of operating a 24/7 chatroom but like anywhere else, there would be times when there are loads of people about and popping in and out, and also quieter times.  Both can be good.  To call in and find just 2 or 3 people who maybe you never met before would be as much fun as trying to follow all the different conversations that you'd get with a busy room.

souledge

I see that there is a registered channel named #astralpulse on irc.freenode.net

registered by a nick dan|el 2 years ago and abbandoned :/

We can meet there, and get the channel back :)

irc.freenode.net channel #astralpulse

Waiting you there ;)

for those not familiar with irc, you can go to the following link
http://java.freenode.net//index.php?channel=astralpulse

whiterose

All I seem to get is the message - Unable to cennect : null

Not vert technology minded i'm afraid.

souledge

You could have a problem with java, or someone is blocking your irc connections.

Try using and irc client like xchat, mirc etc :)

Or nevermind, now I know why this channel was abandoned 2 years ago ;)

I'll try to make a tutorial for the users on windows who would like to use an irc client instead of the web interface, but give me the time to find a machine with windows :)

whiterose

Not sure what that means, but sounds promising.  Conversations would be so much easier with a chat room.  :wink:

souledge

Using xchat:

1) Downloading
You can go to the following link: http://www.xchat.org/
and then click on the "Download XChat" link

OR

you can download xchat directly from here:
http://www.xchat.org/files/binary/win32/xchat-2.8.3e.exe

2) Installing
After you finished downloading you just start the program (installer) you download.
Click "next", leave the components as default - "Next", "Next" again and then click on "Install".
After that click Next one more time, leave the "Run XChat" checkbox marked and click "finish"

3) Configuring
You'll get a dialog like this one:

Insert your nick, the second nick (usually the first nick + _ (underslash)), the username and the real name (or just write something)
From the network List, select freenode and then click Connect

4) Joining the channel
After connecting you'll get a dialog like this one:

Select the second option ( Join this channel) and write #astralpulse, then click OK :)

That's it :)

Those who prefere the web interface and don't have problem with it can still go to: http://java.freenode.net//index.php?channel=astralpulse

Lord_Smirnoff

it would be nice if more of ppl would come ... me and Soul aka v-v on the irc are almost all the time there ... and if we don't respond that is because we are AFK ... so patience hope to see you more there we had lots of interesting conversation in just 2 days so seems promising some tips (for java users)
type:
/nick YOURNICK
to change your nick to something else if ppl will come then it would be confusing to talk to loads of "Traveler's"
i would like to see some masters to show us newbs the way  :-D

this is my first post so Hello and hope that i will find interesting things here (and on the irc  :roll: :wink: 8-) :-)  )

whiterose

So why can't I use the web interface, or have you already explained that?

souledge

I don't know why you can't use the web interface, probably a problem with java, but I don't know :)
Why don't you download xchat and follow the tutorial in the previous post and try to connect using xchat?

whiterose

Tried to download Xchat but am getting the message - connection failed. error: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

I downloaded it and I connected without a problem. If an antivirus/antispyware program comes up asking if you want this program to connect to the internet click allow always. I just downloaded it and I was expecting more than two other people to be on.

whiterose

Same result I'm afraid, I followed the instructions to the letter, no wonder so few people are there.  There must be an easier alternative.

Grigori

whiterose

Well, I did go somewhere, although I appeared to be alone.  Maybe it's a chatroom for meditation :-D

Seriously though, is this related to the other room i've been trying to reach or something different?

Grigori

Quote from: whiterose on June 20, 2007, 13:30:35
Well, I did go somewhere, although I appeared to be alone.  Maybe it's a chatroom for meditation :-D

Seriously though, is this related to the other room i've been trying to reach or something different?
It's completely different. Personally I hate IRC chats and there are just too many people who have problems getting in ... it's just not worth it. What I setup is just a very simple chat that I installed on one of my sites and figured everyone would be able to use. I have 4 other types but this requires the least effort on my part. If it gets used I'll setup another one with more bells 'n whistles. If it doesn't get used I'll just delete it.

garyskadoo

Quote from: Grigori on June 21, 2007, 05:14:58
It's completely different. Personally I hate IRC chats and there are just too many people who have problems getting in ... it's just not worth it. What I setup is just a very simple chat that I installed on one of my sites and figured everyone would be able to use. I have 4 other types but this requires the least effort on my part. If it gets used I'll setup another one with more bells 'n whistles. If it doesn't get used I'll just delete it.

*one vote for more bells 'n whistles*

whiterose

I'll second that Gary.  Although there do apear to be some issues surrounding this site and chat rooms.  Does anyone know what they are?

Grigori

Quote from: whiterose on June 21, 2007, 10:47:31
I'll second that Gary.  Although there do apear to be some issues surrounding this site and chat rooms.  Does anyone know what they are?

I have a couple of X7 chats which has more options including private rooms and private conversations etc. It is also easily embeded into SMF forums (like this one). http://www.x7chat.com you can check out the demo there.

I also have a couple of instances of http://phpopenchat.org/ though this is the level at which some people start having problems.

After that there are the java based chats but like IRC too many people have problems to make it useful ... though there is one cool one where everyone can draw at once which is fun for remote viewing stuff.

After that I have a TeamSpeak VoIP server available it's a real time voice communication thing. It can handle about 60 people though people have to be nice or it's impossible to tell who is saying what.

As for "issues" with this site and chat rooms I'm pretty sure it's just a lack of interest and or coordination.

Hannah b

Hey,
Quote from: Grigori on June 23, 2007, 04:53:52
As for "issues" with this site and chat rooms I'm pretty sure it's just a lack of interest and or coordination.
It's none of the above :wink: I think we'll take another close look at this topic and let you now asap.  :lol:
The only constant in the Universe is change

whiterose

Sounds promising.  Even if the obstacles to an on site chat room are too much, then certainly with grigori's help we should be able to come up with something. 

Grigori

Well the X7 chat is easy to embed in SMF forums so registered users autologin with their usernames. It also has negligible bandwidth or space requirement and installs in just a few minutes. So if this topic gets re-revaluated I'd recommend X7  :-D anything else and the admins and mods will get lots of questions of why the chat doesn't work ...  :-P

Oh but if your serverhost allows java servelets "Babylon chat" is lots of fun :-) atleast for the people who don't have java issues  :roll: