News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

come on guys

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkerInTheWoods

quote:
i don't want this to turn into 'one of those' forums as bad as the rest of you. if we keep feeding it though, it will.

Being sacrastic and mean to the kids is what will make this forum like 'one of those' forums. Ok maybe we are thinking about different forums, but my point is every other forum on the net has a negative feel to it. Someone posts and then wonders if one of the "negs" is going to attack them and their post. This forum has endured, probably mostly thanks to the mods, and kept a positive atmosphere. Being mean to someone who is not as evolved as yourself is not helping anyone. So what if some kids come here claiming things we all know they cannot do. It is a great opportunity in my view to teach them the truth and possibly change their lives for the better. For whatever reason someone is drawn to this place, I hope that we can rub off on them and they can leave (well not really leave, but you know) having learned something and been set on a productive path that will help them develop. At some time we were all ignorant of these things. Thankfully someone had patience with us, let us have patience with them and everyone will be better off.

Our new member with the long name (I don't remember is name right now) has actually made an effort. Give him a chance. He has admitted that he cannot do those things he claimed and has been seeking help. He just does not seem very familar with how message boards work. Someone needs to try to explain it to him and help him out.

You don't have any kids do you? [:)]

Love and Peace
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Tisha

Children are wonderful.  I even keep one in the house [;)]  They are wonderful, magical beings.  Remember the magical thinking of your youth?  

I used to imagine I had vast magical powers.  And here I am today, typing away on Astralpulse about my otherworldly experiences.  I've learned a lot about what's-what and what's-not.

I think kids spend too much time watching television, playing pinball and video games, and have warped ideas about what magic is all about.  But instead of being sarcastic or cruel, I'd rather tell them what magic is REALLY like.  

The real Magic is better than "ki balls" anyway.

Basically if children are here, it's because they care.  If adults keep telling them they're full of $%^ and that none of these things are real, they'll stop thinking magically - - - and close their minds to the REAL magic around them.  And wouldn't that be a shame!

Tisha

clandestino

hear hear, Fallnangel77 !!

"save the children" is what I say.

I reckon people should post what they like (within astralpulse rules obviously).
My only concern on this subject is when a new person posts something for the first time, and they are immediately cut-down/ insulted..... I don't think its a very nice welcome.

Mark
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

shadowatcher

Ive resolved from now on to be nice as possible to kibegginersnightmare...because thats obviously who we are all talking about...

Im 13, and I made a post that I think is worth looking over...please read and respond to "The Nature of the Astral Plane" its by a kid (me) so Its not about your age, its about who you are as a person. There are plenty of adults on the net who are more rude than plenty of children on the net...

Manners cost nothing....[:)][:)][:)]

jc84corvette

I am 15 almost 16. I am very mature dont you say? You can reason with me all you want, it wont bug me. I can have conversations with adults and act like one wile doing it.

Now im sure we have kids here that are 3 years younger then me, I think that OBE's happen at that age a lot. So we should welcome them here when they post "IS THIS AN OBE" etc... But they SHOULD act very mature or get no replys.

Just my two cents![B)]

Fenris

A few days ago I was reading back over my very first posts, which are about a year and a bit old at a guess. And boy have I learned a lot since then, and while I've always tried to make my best contribution, as I read over them I actually felt embarrassed, not by what I didn't know, but by my general outlook and attitude. And in another years time I hope I feel similar about the things I do and say today. Experiencing life changes who we are to the very core, and we are always gaining more insight into our passions and interests, not only because our knowledge expands, but because life allows us to view our knowledge from different angles and a deeper understanding.

Obviously children won't see things from the same place a more matured person can, regardless of their knowledge. Of course a younger people will have different priorities and interests to an older person. It might seem like some young people get nothing out of coming to the forum. But just like living in a society allows children to slowly soak up new values and norms as their minds mature, being in our little community lets them readily take in new knowledge and understandings as their experience of life, their development allows them to. This is possible because they stay exposed to our ideas and more mature role models even if these things aren't on their minds right now.

I would rather a community that understands, supports and gently guides its young so they might develop well, and then even if they don't stay the seed has been planted for them to return to this area of interest later in life when they will see it from a different angle and want different things from it.        

Nay

Welp, guess I am the odd man..er, woman out..[B)]  I believe helping our children grow is great, but there is a line between having a healthy imagination and being totally consumed by a fantasy world! And encouraging one with the latter, will only NOT help, but push them farther into the fantasy world!  They start lying to themselves and others to make the fantasy more "real". Now the one that we are obvioulsy talking about joined on the 22nd..has 89 post soooo far..26 post PER day! Most of those are full of contradictions, one minute, knows nothing, next minute, his having OOBE's. I am afraid that while he grows older he will not be able to distingish between real and fantasy and will not be able to live a productive life in society.  Yes, I agree we could help..geez at first I did try..but he as proven that he is just not mature enough to get it.
I have three children. 12yr, 10yr, and one whom just turned big 3 today!  I speak with my two older children in great depth about our dreams, the astral, OOBE.ect..ect..And encourage them to talk about anything and everything.
My older son was into dbz at one time but has moved on.  Now he is into all the crazy video games, I personally don't care for them cause I feel they are too violent..arrrgghh!  I was a little concerned that he would start developing some "anger" problems and start acting them out physically towards people.  So, I sat down with him and we had a long dicussion... I wanted to make sure that he knew that it was all fantasy, and that if in the "real" world he couldn't shoot someone and then push restart...hehehehe..well, he did the typical rolling of the eyes, looks at mom like she is a crazy woman.. "duh, mom, I know that..it's not real"  Whewwwww, glad to hear that.
All I am saying is, we cannot feed into his fantasy it will not help!

Now, may the reaming of my arse commence!

Nay. [;)]

clandestino

quote:
the one that we are obvioulsy talking about joined on the 22nd..has 89 post soooo far..26 post PER day!

26 posts per day ?!!! madness !!

I feel tired after making just one.

At the end of the day, a forum is like TV. If you don't like the channel, then change it to another. Plus, after a while, you get a good idea who "produces the best programmes", so to speak....so you can skip through the channels you don't want to watch, no bother at all.
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

kibeginnersnightmare

Nay

*THROWS UP ARMS*  I rest my case!!

Nay.

Tayesin

Hi people.

Do you remember being in the age group 10-18?  So much was changing and so quickly, and still is.  For me there was no body to ask about things I experienced, so it was a weird road to follow. Not until I was 17 did I meet anyone who even wanted to discuss possible spiritual stuff.  

Here, young people can express as much of their ideas, experiences and occassional discrepencies as they wish. Haven't we all done those same things in our youth when possible?  Didn't we all show too well how much we did not understand?  How much we thought we did understand? And sometimes from our inexperience came a true Gem.

We all needed some form of help, whether it was constructive criticism, reassuring support, or a thousand other things including cut to the chase, wake up calls.  And sometimes we still do.

Well, that is what happens in these forums, and to all of us at some time. It works well, and with the addition of a probationary membership period, you would have a forum that is little changed from this.  With the exception of giving newcomers a chance to show what their intentions are before gaining full membership with full access.

It's an idea.  Love always.

Nay

Tayesin..I for one think that sounds like a good idea, but I don't know how time consuming that would be [?] Have NO idea what it takes to run these forums!..
I have to admit...this kid has gotten my blood pressure WAY up there..[:O]  But NOT because he is asking questions..but because he continually posts a topic in the wrong forum, types one word, then post again, types one word, then posts again, types one word, then posts again,......I mean really!!
He was warned and I am sure that he is smart enough to grasp a warning, but yet continues.  I would be more than willing to help ANY aged person, but he doesn't want help...he wants attention.  I know, I know, I have been guilty of posting back, but I just can't help it..hehehe. Call it my sarcastic ego!

Nay. [V]

Tisha

Regardless of age, we have the right to expect Astralpulse members to behave properly (more or less).  When my daughter interrupts constantly with MOM !  MOM  !  MOM  !  MOM!  MOM  ! while I'm trying to talk on the phone, or whines, or bugs me when I'm trying to concentrate, my response is usually to send her to her room.  We should not be forced to indulge this same kind of bad behavior, just because it's the Internet and they're not "our" kids.

SO!  If any of you Forum members are teenaged or younger, please understand that you are with a public forum populated mostly by adults.  You're welcome to participate, but we expect grownup behavior from you, much like your parents expect when they bring you to church or a nice restaurant.

As for you adults, remember "it takes a village to raise a child."  So do your part!  Kids don't always remember what you say, but they will always remember the way you made them feel.

I'm done with lecturing for now, have a lovely day folks!

Tisha

fredhedd

nah, i'm not saying be mean.  i don't want to seem that way at all.  i'm more for having fun.

the first few posts i am as genuine as could be.  after the twentieth post asking the same questoins, something has to give.  i definetely agree w/ showing them the way blah blah blah.  i was young too blah blah blah, but sometimes these kids are so young that answering the questions to the best of your ability gets you nowhere.  it also gets repetitive.  

not everyone on here has the patience for it.  i feel that i do but i can see how it upsets a lot of others.  my original intent for writing this post was to kind of tone down the hostility for them.  ignoring or not posting is better than posting harsh words.

White Light Warrior

As "grown ups" it is our duty to teach and guide the "kids", otherwise how else are they going to learn. Did you never argue for the sake of it with your parents / friends even when you knew they were right?
Patience and tolerance of others is not easy for some, but the rewards are most satisfying when you can achieve them.

As for your comment in another post,  "...sh**load of people that are members on the forum that have never posted...", were you never to shy to speak up in a room full of people you don't know ?

Patience and tolerance again ???

Nay

quote:
As "grown ups" it is our duty to teach and guide the "kids", otherwise how else are they going to learn. Did you never argue for the sake of it with your parents / friends even when you knew they were right?
Patience and tolerance of others is not easy for some, but the rewards are most satisfying when you can achieve them.
As for your comment in another post, "...sh**load of people that are members on the forum that have never posted...", were you never to shy to speak up in a room full of people you don't know ?

Patience and tolerance again ???

*deep sigh* Alright a little tired of repeating myself but..eh, if he can do it so can I...oh, and by the way, you heard it here first..He is now under the name Kikeeper, he changed his name but not his MO...ugh..[xx(]  He has posted over 130 times, just since the 22nd. He will not stop whether we respond or not. I tried being nice, ignoring and tried being sarcastic..NOTHING worked.. Perhaps under this new name he WILL change I hope so. If not..Well, why don't you, white light, take him under YOUR wing..see what you can do.

Nay.

Nay.

jilola

Ah so I'm not the only one with the Deja Vu [:D]
Let's hope KiKeeper does better.

2cents & L&L
jouni

Squeek

Ok I looked at all his posts.  I can see now what angers people here the most about this guy.

1.  Topics.

a.  Same topic twice
  b.  Wrong place

2.  Posts.

a.  Irrelevance
  b.  Repetition

3.  Attitude

a.  "I rule, you suck"
  b.  "I'm the greatest"

I apologize for joining in on the "festivities" in other topics.  Continuing the trend was honestly the wrong idea...  I just had a bad day then.  That's why I posted here.  To let everyone know why this guy is bothering us all, and hopefully finding a way to resolve this issue.

Whatever course the moderators take is fine by me.

~Squeek

Tisha

Tisha

RandomName

Nay is one of the nicest members here next to Squeek and I have been there each and every time she tried to put up with him, because at the time I was trying to keep him quiet myself. If the kid actually changed his name then I see another 3 day Silver Member pain in the butt coming.

P.S. (Violent Video Games do NOT mess up children)
Just look at me, I liked knocking the heads off of computer models with rifles and now I am talking about the New Age with people I will never meet discussing a topic that is considered "insanity in action"
[:P]

Squeek

Somehow I suddenly feel like I'm not the oldest guy here anymore -.-  I thought Tisha was like 20 something, same with Nay, same with everyone.  Then I learn about kids and marriages and I'm all like O.OInsert.

Suddenly I realize that I'm an "old" teenager and some of these new people are actually like 40ish  :O  I'm glad I never really made anyone too mad at me, and people I don't even know giving me compliments ( Thanks Psi  :D )

~Squeek (Thanks for being nice to me :)  )

jilola

Be glad. Age doesn't come alone, it brings many friends with it [B)]

2cents & L&L
jouni

Nay

LMAO!!  I don't know if I should hug or body-slam you Squeek?...lol.
Too cute!

Nay. [;)]

Squeek

Better decide fast.  The possums are gaining on us!

~Squeek

Nay

LOL...Body Slam it is!!

Nay. [;)]