News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

come on guys

Previous topic - Next topic

strwrs_guru

i also have another problem with posting to these kids. i feel weird trying to talk to them about subjects that i consider very serious. they arent old enough to understand the implications of giving yourself over to these ideals as a way of life.

this is deep so i am going to start a new subject on this. everyone please respond as your input will be helpful to me.
the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing in the face of it.

fredhedd

white light, i don't understand your question about my previous topic.  i don't think it's relevant here but i'll address it because you brought it up.  

the purpose of the 'newbies post'  was to try and make those shy individuals feel more comfortable posting, which it has.  it seems as though it has also helped some of them.  it's obvoius that it wasn't an attack on those individuals.  i really don't know what else to say about that. i don't see where patience and tolerance have anything to do w/ that.  i'm sure you would be able to explain it to me though.

it seems as though half of your first contribution to this forum was wrongly questioning a post that was intended to, and probably has helped some people.  if there was a smiley face making a raspberry, i would put it here for you.

i have faith in the moderators.  if something gets too extreme i'm sure it will be taken care of.  there is no stopping younger people from becoming members and posting what they want.  you may be able to deal w/ these few instances now, but they are always going to be here.  i think it would be better if there were fewer replies to the 'unwanted' posts.  pointing them in the right direction once or twice is all you can do.  anymore than that is just wasting energy.  if there are going to be more posts than that though, they should be done in a humurous manner instead of a hostile one.

Adrian

Greetings,

I can understand the feelings of some members here in view of recent situations with a certain member, but it is fundamentally inappropriate to sterotype all younger members here. We have several members in the 13 to 15 range, and the vast majority of them have contributed excellently, and often well beyond their years. I have been very impressed with many of them. I also have three sons myself aged 12, 11 and 10, and they are all interested in these matters, my eldest having a high degree of interest and knowledge.

The only sensible way forward is deal with any situations as they arise as we have now done with this recent case, and other previously.

You can be absolutely sure that the high standards of the Astral Pulse will be maintained, but at the same time some situations need to be properly dealt with. We cannot and will not simply block memberships without good reason and evidence, but you can be sire that if such good reason and evidence arise, and we rely on our members for such evidence, then the member will be dealt with after due warnings. At the same time, younger members do need to learn, as we all had to learn at that age, and they will receive appropriate guidance before any action is taken.

Please be assured that myself and all the moderators will treat all potential problems very seriously, and will deal with them as appropriate.

With best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

zakaroth

I implore to you- as a 'child' of 14 dont judge me by our worst example (kibegginersnightmare) judge us by who we are and how we act- if it makes you feel better to ban all 'children' and make this an adults only forum- I feel sorry for you because you would be missing out on the brilliant points that some of us make- no you should not put up with ignorant brats who can't draw the line between fantasy and reality- but you cant just block one section of our online society- the ageism which permeates our online world sickens me almost as much as the racism and sexism that goes on outside of it- so I remind you again do not judge me by my outside appearence judge me by my values and ideas.

fredhedd

you are right adrian.  i didn't mean to target young kids in general.  i was more talking about the people that were too immature for this type of discussion yet.  the wording came out wrong.  there are people here that are very young who have contributed greatly.

nobody is being judged here.  i think we are all much better than that.  if there is a problem somewhere, i think everyone here understand exactly what's going on, i.e. immaturity, ignorance, whatever it is.  there is no blame and i don't think anyone is being yelled at.

Nick

quote:

Originally posted by zakaroth

I implore to you- as a 'child' of 14 dont judge me by our worst example... judge us by who we are and how we act-

Not to worry. No one  here wants to be judgemental.  

One of the beautiful qualities of this forum is how we all can share experiences and information regardless of age. Regards ageism, it unfortunately rears its ugly head when we get older too.

Bottom line, we are all spiritual beings and we are all ageless. Let's communicate and share with that in mind.

Very best,
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Squeek

How can you talk to your kids about this?  (Not to prod, but to ask).

I know when I have a kid I'm gonna want to tell him/her all about this.  But I just can't figure out the best way to tell him/her without him/her going to school and showing it off or the other kids mocking them.

I mean in junior year I made the mistake of telling one of my (now ex) friends that I was interested in this and was pursuing it openly.  He laughed so hard and told me I was insane to beleive in such a thing.  This was one of my best friends too.  My other friends dismissed it as feasible and just went on their lives pretending I never told them (most of them...)

Just asking :x

~Squeek

Nerezza

Every now and then I will look at a posters age and come to one of two conclusions:

1) Let the grownups deal with this child, you're far to immature to grasp the subject matter.

-OR-

2) Sorry pops, your time has come and gone, better retire.

I would imagine that these two reactions happen frequently, within all age groups.

As a 22 year old, I know this: I know nothing and ignorance is bliss. I cannot proclaim that I know more than a child about the spirit world, simply because as a child I was more attuned to the spirit world. I also cannot proclaim a great deal of applied knowledge when it comes to how the world and the spirtual world connect, as older people tend to focus on due to their wisdom(or lack of).

I've always hoped that heaven is like eternal childhood, because adulthood is hell. Everything is so serious and life begins to shed it's dreamlike image of days spent at the park, trading instead for the concrete cold reality of bills and jobs. Perhaps that is why we strive to become more spiritual, because it reminds us of childhood.

Granted, children are of an annoyance to me, but I would imagine that the generations ahead of me a annoyed with my age group. It seems as though the further apart age wise, the more distant we are concerning how well we understand each other.

Ok, enough rambling.

People were bringing little children to Jesus to have Him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them.

When Jesus saw this, He was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

jilola

I have a confession. Little children often drive me nuts. For the most part I have no clue whatsoever of how to relate to them and then one comes and bowls me over with a level of maturity that not only makes the mind boggle but sends it bowling as well.
I've completely given up hope of categorizing people according to their biological age which is, at most, a general quideline but nothing from which to draw firm conclusion.
I'd prefer to describe this forum neither as talking to children nor talking to adults but talking to souls. (I fear the grammar of that one)

PS: Do I qualify for the old geezer category?

2cents & L&L
jouni

Nerezza

Nope, you're fine.[:)]

Nick

There is a great little book I just finished reading called The Kybalion. It gives an overview of Hermetic Philosophy.

Something in the book I wanted to quote (in light of what's been posted above) is this:

"We are all on The Path - and the road leads upward ever, with frequent resting places."

Very best,
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Adrian

Greetings jilola

quote:
Originally posted by jilola
I'd prefer to describe this forum neither as talking to children nor talking to adults but talking to souls. (I fear the grammar of that one)

2cents & L&L
jouni

That is an excellent way of viewing things!

All I would say is that is might be more appropriate to say that we are talking to Spirits, it is the Mental body, the Spirit which is immortal and created in the true image of "God", The All.

It is true that when we communicate with anyone here, we really do not know how many physical lives they have experienced here on Earth, what lessons they are here to specifically learn having chosen their parents and life situation accordingly, or how far advanced they are long the path. But you are correct that we should not view these things in a temporal perspective, a 10 year old child might well have experienced a hundred more lives than the next person, and be that much further along the path - physical age is temporal and totally meaningless in that context.

And Nick, you are so right indeed to quote:

"We are all on The Path - and the road leads upward ever, with frequent resting places.". Thank you very much for that!

With best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

jilola

Nerezza: I wouldn't go as far as saying fine but I'll take what I can get [8D]

Adrian: Same thing for me. When I use the term soul I refer to the combined higher level existencies we are.

2cents & L&L
jouni

TorosDead

ACTUALLY I THINK THAT CHILDREN ARE FAR MORE ACCURATE WITH THEIR OBE'S BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T YET BEEN MENTALLY INFLUENCED BY THE WAYS OF THE WORLD.  MAYBE YOU SHOULD TAKE THEIR STORIES INTO MORE CONSIDERATION!

ShaDoW86

Actually Toroshead, i object,, my minds been corrupted for as long as i can remeber and every kid i kno my age and down. Im 17, and no one here would guess that I  am, because i d ont act like it. Well ive been reading for like a week now, and as you can see it is my first post and let me say, i duno if its me , but this site doesnt seem ever run by older ppl , but youger and immature ppl. I dunno, but thats my perspective of it. I respect my elders, because younger ppl will lie for who knows what reason. O guess what! last night i made an ultra- kinetic- powerful, i mean huge Ki shot. ya it came outa my butt, i mean things like that it gives you the silent ... O boy feeling.LOL
Hope to see you guys on, got lots of questions. Another very mportant thing i just remebered.When you have young kids... i think we should do what i have seen on other sites, a FAQ of sorts, with teckniques and stuff, you know, and then a special newBe section? sounds like a good idea to me, instead of having the rest of this place flooded with stupidity.[:D]

fredhedd

i'm amazed at how much energy is expended talking to children on this forum.  it seems as though because certain ideas are typed on the net that they hold more value.  if any one of these children were in a room w/ all of us claiming to do any of these things, they would be lucky to even get a listen.  

some of the members here actually take a lot of time and will keep participating in these little arguments.  we all know that these are kids.  reasoning w/ them as if they were adults isn't going to work.  

i propose some alternate routes: top on the list is to just ignore them when you see the contents of the post,  if that doesn't work try being overly sarcastic w/ them instead.  i've been doing it for a while now and it's loads of fun.  

i don't want this to turn into 'one of those' forums as bad as the rest of you.  if we keep feeding it though, it will.  i'm sure one of the mods are aware of the situation and it will be dealt w/ accordingly.  

also, if anyone could teach me how to levitate or shoot a
super-ultimate-high-voltage ki blast, please let me know.
thnx