News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Completely Removing Fear

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

I was talking with a friend earlier about the subject of fear and how Hollywood definitely hasn't helped in dealing with our fear. The conversation originally started with Ouija Boards and I was asking how why they're supposedly so evil, and she said it's because they open a gateway for entities, and that confused me slightly but it also scared me. I've never used one and probably never will, but because of my wild imagination, I started feeling scared, and that lead me to having even more scary thoughts and a rant on why the media hasn't helped us by making it pleasurable for some people to be scared. I then started to think that maybe the reason I find astral projection so difficult is because I have fears subconsciously. If I was to sleep in the dark with no covers, I'd probably have a panic attack from fear. I still sleep with the light on, because I just can't deal with it, I've always been tremendously scared of things I've always tried to convince myself is hopefully just all in my head.

Anyway, my question is, is it possible to completely wipe out my fear of anything without putting myself in the situation that scares me? Would there be some sort of hypnotherapy for it? I don't really have a life situation which would help me in any way, I don't have any friends to hang out with, my light-switch is out of reach and there are no plugs near my bed so I can't use a bed-side lamp, and even if there were plugs near my bed, I have a sink that's directly next to my bed so I can't have a bed-side table. I have a big house and I can't even go to the bathroom without having a clear view from classic "Dare you to go down there" pictures. My dad doesn't perceive emotions the way 'normal' people do because has Asperger Syndrome worse than I do. So I'm pretty much on my own with this, and I'm clueless on what I can do to help myself.

In a way I'm glad the law of attraction takes weeks to happen if not months. I've read that fear can manifest in none-physical form, but whether that's just in our heads I don't know. So how can I get rid of it completely?

desert-rat

I have some methods I am using .  One is to visualize your higher self as a point of white light in deep space . Ask your higher self to help you .   Lets say fear of  going out of body .  Do deep breathing for a few minutes , visualize your higher self , then ask your to help you erase your fear of conscioulsy going out of body .  I dont know that much about aspergers , but I am sure there are methods to over come it .  All of our fears and health problems are from repressed stuff in our subconscious and we need to get in there and clear them out , or make changes . 

Jdeadevil

Thanks for the suggestion bud, I'll try that. :)

Lionheart

Instead of completely removing the Fear, why not try to understand the reasons behind it.

You state that you have a "wild imagination", that's a likely source right there.

So the next time you are Fearful, remember you have a wild imagination.

Understanding the reason behind it, is similar to watching a movie with a grotesque scene and realizing there was a lot of ketchup or food coloring used to make it.  :wink:

The Fear goes away when the understanding or realization kicks in.  :-)

Astralzombie

I think you already have a healthy understanding of where some of these fears are generated--Hollywood.

Try spending ten minutes in the dark uncovered, then make it fifteen and so on. Eventually you will just fall asleep. The mind will not stay in a constant state of fear. Use positive affirmations. THEY WORK!

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Krishanna

are you religious? usually fear comes from religion not hollywood.

Astralzombie

Quote from: Krishanna on May 03, 2013, 22:55:29
are you religious? usually fear comes from religion not hollywood.

Fear is a powerful tool and any media, company, government, or organization will use it equally depending on their agendas. That is to say, they will abuse fear mongering to whatever extent they think is necessary to keep their interests in line.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Lionheart

Quote from: its_all_bad on May 04, 2013, 00:23:32
Fear is a powerful tool and any media, company, government, or organization will use it equally depending on their agendas. That is to say, they will abuse fear mongering to whatever extent they think is necessary to keep their interests in line.
You speak the truth there, IAB!   :wink:

Last night in Bruce Lipton's Coast to Coast interview he said, in his own words, the Powers that Be's worst fear is a healthy minded, consciously Aware public.

This was an excellent interview and can be found here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aXdM4CmlIw

drake

Quote from: Jdeadevil on May 03, 2013, 13:36:17
Thanks for the suggestion bud, I'll try that. :)

Now you found a solutions for you.

Fusions

Fear is great. It is telling you that you have a belief system that is disempowering you.
Ask the feeling what it wants to tell you. It will tell you that you have a belief system in you subconscious. Once you can figure out what it is consciously. It is gone. :)
The One is ALL. And the All are One.

astralnaut1

Quote from: Lionheart on May 03, 2013, 16:20:56

The Fear goes away when the understanding or realization kicks in.  :-)

hmmm not always  :-)
mental layer by layer combat sux

Krishanna

Jdeadevil ...I found the best way to face your fear is to face it. It is usually irrational. The only way to convince yourself you are not afraid is to do the very thing you are afraid of. It is all in your head, you have convinced yourself something bad will happen. You have to start small and work your way up. Walk around your house in the dark but carry a flashlight so you can use it just in case. Also, maybe ask yourself why you are so afraid, really try to figure that out. What is so bad, do you think you will get hurt? Do you think you will die? What is it you are really afraid of?