News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

COmputer Games _ speak

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazbadan

This post it was created with the intention to speak about the most recent computer (pc) games. Here you will speak about your fav. games and why should someone play it. I wanna find nice games, so...start speaking!

Ok, about the games that i am trying:

- Prince of Persia Warrior Within: this is a very good game. Even more nice than the first one. Combat system its more funny and you still have interesting acrobatics scenes (you know, jumping, avoiding traps...). The first minutes of the game are boring and dont reveal the nature of the game, so dont let yourself go down.

-Halflife 2: no so good as many people say. The graphics are amazing but it lloks like more a typical "hit" game. I have a question for you btw: do you think that graphics = best game of the year? I mean, Prince of persia it is much more funny but it will not receive the award. halflife 2 has no story (i think, i am in the begining but i see nothing of interest on it). Didnt like it to much: it is so typical, only shooting and no more options. I dont understand how they could consider this game better than deus ex 2. The last one at least has a story and you have more playing options (not to much..)

-Deus Ex 2: the first one it is much better than this one. DE2 it is just a "copy, paste" from DE! (deus ex 1), but the graphycs are better. The story it is not so good as in the first one, in wich you would have a feeling of "something bad is gonna happen to the world. It was really apocaliptical.

-Doom 3: typical. again, graphics dictate who is gonna be the best game of the year....at least this one scarys me much more than halflife. In truth, doom 3 has some nice scary scenes.

-Sims 2: funny only for fanatics i think. Its game that after some playing it is boring.

-Codename Panzers: its a very nice strategy game. You dont have the "building" part of the game. You choose your troops and machines based on your rank and went into the mission. Good for people that love this kind of game.

These are just some games.

Now i must go.

Its your turn to speak on (note: you can speak about online games too)
I love you!

Veccolo

> Halflife 2

Was OK, way better than Doom 3. I liked the graphic style more than the one of Doom 3. The story was ok.

> Deus Ex 2

Not bad for a console conversion. Much freedom, though the game play was more linear than the first one, in my opinion. The story was not that bad, but DE1 was much more exciting.

> Doom 3

That game was not scary at all, and I played it with headphones, in the night and in complete darkness. I wanted a scary game, and what did I get? A standard, linear and boring shooter. The game might scare you if you are 8 years old, or have weak nerves, or drank a gallon of coffee right before playing (no offense). If you want a scary game, try the Alien vs Predator series, THOSE are scary. The graphics of doom 3, however, were nice.

> Sims 2

I found that pretty good, actually. Much better than the first game. Nice for a few hours of fun, then it gets boring.

> Vampire: Bloodlines

Well, I just played half a hour or so, but it didn't seem that good. The graphics were ok, but the combat systems sucks big time, in my opinion. Can't say much about the story, but it's probably ok. I'll have to play the game further, maybe it'll get better.
I don't do much, and I do it well.

MadLordNad

I'm a huge Tribes fan but haven't played in forever. A new one is coming out soon though!  8)

My friends are trying to hook me on the crack better known as World of Warcraft. I need a new PC before that can happen however.

For some reason the various games based on Vampire the Masquerade are always lame.
Beer is proof God loves us.  -- Ben Franklin

Live Free or Die!

Taking away the moments that make up a dull day...

Kazbadan

Doom 3 was scary in some parts, just that! You are correct Veccoo, Doom 3 its just another shute´m up.

I wanna try Rome (is that the name?) they say its a very good strategy game.

About warcraft online i dont like it because you must pay 10bucks per month (i dont like to pay to play :-) )

I can´t wait for the new Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. At least the graphics look great, even much more than Morrowind (already nice and very good at the time).

Madlord, what game is it tribes? i think i know that game from somewhere...

If it is the kind of game that i am thinking about, you should try Immortal cities. They say its nice (but not the best..its what i read about it on a magazine).
I love you!

Veccolo

Yeah, Oblivion will surely be a great game! Can't wait for it as well.

beavis

Serious Sam 2

It has a lot more monsters on the screen at once than most games, and they take more stategy of your movements to dodge. Fire 50 grenades at the mass of enemies, kill lots of them, and they keep coming as if you didnt kill any. The best part of this game is you dont hunt them, they hunt you!

Dont waste your ammo! Its easy to get down to only your chainsaw, but the enemies keep coming for minutes at a time. They usually come to you. They dont wait for you to walk near. Then you're forced to retreat and kill them one at a time.

The open areas can be big enough it takes minutes to cross. Its sniper time!

This game has good graphics for the speed it runs.  In those huge areas where you can see lots of enemies, and at 1024 resolution, my 2.2ghz /w geforce3 (old) runs very smooth.

I dont much like the multiplayer deathmatch (normal FPS but with a better scoring system, rewards killing the best killers), but the single player or multiplayer cooperative is good.

some of the more interesting enemies:

4 legged skeletons - run at you and jump far past you if you dodge

bull - runs at you insanely and hits you high into the air

headless suicide bombers - run faster than you. very hard to dodge. kill them before they get to you or die

green (slime) or red (fire) flying balls - usually find a curved path through the air to you. sometimes fly in circles. continually dodge and they'll circle you in a gravity-like way for at least a minute

huge demon - throws those flying fireballs

some guy that looks human - shoots 5 projectiles that move along the ground, with the angles between them evenly spaced

CaCoDeMoN

Unreal Tournament 2004 was a very good game, maybe one of the best multiplayer fpp shooters ever, nearly as good as first Quake...
MEAT=MURDER.

Jenia_San

Sadly,I have no interesting PC games in mind,so I'll post what I have...

Tales of Rebirth (PS2)
Very good RPG from the "Tales" series.

Tales of the World:Narikiri Dungeon 3(GBA)
Don't bother getting this one unless you can read japanese.

The legend of Zelda:The minish cap (GBA)
Short,compared to the rest of the series,but fun anyways.

EDIT:
Hey! I just remembered that I couldn't wait for Tales of Eternia online! finally a Tales game online! YEAH! and it's PC.
My single,enternal wish...is to be truely free.

BillionNamesofGod

I agree not much innovation, but

Half Life  2 was great, I really felt  I was there!

I had some real whacky dreams!

Hey, has anyone else had 3D game related dreams?

Veccolo

Yeah I'll regularly get them if I play a game for a few hours, or right before going to bed. The same goes for movies, too.

Nostic

Quote from: BillionNamesofGodI agree not much innovation, but

Half Life  2 was great, I really felt  I was there!

I had some real whacky dreams!

Hey, has anyone else had 3D game related dreams?

Yup. The most vivid being the ones I had of Resident Evil... quite the interesting experience :). Nowadays, I read about games more than I actually play them, so I can't even remember the last time I had a game-related dream. I'd love to consciously enter video-game worlds created in the astral though... I'm working on that...

tiberseptim

A good strategy game for the PC would be all of the Total War games, including Rome: Total War (but my computer can't handle it :cry: )
I also played Dark Age of Camelot for awhile, and i'll get back on this summer, it was good but i just suck at level grinding.

H  A  L  O  2 = the most  badass game for the Xbox, if you don't like shooters you won't like this (they could have done a better job with the AI)