News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

"Crossing Over"- Mediumship on T.V.

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkerInTheWoods

I have watched the show a few times about a year ago I think. I enjoyed it.  He does seem to be the real thing. With mediums I have seen on tv they will ask questions and if someone says no to a question to jump to the next. With John he actually seems like he is communicating with someone. I mean he will spend 10 or more minutes on one subject even if the people do not know what he is talking about until they do remember. I cannot see a fake doing that.

I saw one of his books at a book store a few weeks ago. I read a little bit of it. Seems when he was younger he would have OBEs.

Anyway, I tend to believe him but you can believe whatever you wish.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

koshka

Since our own 21-year-old son's passing last January, we have read so many books on the subject of the Afterlife.  In fact it was hearing Robert on the Art Bell show that resulted in my buying his books and checking out AstralPulse.

Dr. Moody's book THE LAST LAUGH relates his venting about the commercial twisting of his work.  Makes one wonder about the real doings "in back of the store," as Van Morrison sings.  Everyone speaks in code at this vibration of consciousness.  I am convinced that Art Bell is playing a very dangerous game, foe example.  To stay on the air he must mirror a party line dictated (soft shoe) by corporate; but to stay alive and relevant to all his listeners he has many guests from "left field."

The pain of losing a child...a mother...a father...a loved one is so...puncturing metaphysically, that a session with a medium the quality of John can be absolutely life changing. We have an appointment for a telephone reading with Laurie Campbell in August.  

John speaks of his spirit guide -- interesting.  You know that the SciFi Channel hosted a marathon 10 hour airing of John Edward this last Sunday.

PeacefulWarrior

Koshka-

Thank you for your comments.  I can only imagine how it would feel to lose a child or someone else that close to me.  

-Daniel

fides quaerens intellectum
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------

Grenade01

John edward is a weirdo
But he's always seem legit to me
My mother was talking about him one day and that she thought he was a phony because he's talking so fast... he does get stuff wrong sometimes

to me it just seems like he's getting so much information from so many sources...it looks like its hard for him to sort it all out sometimes...I mean you can really tell by the faces he makes sometimes he seems overwhelmed by whatever he's experiencing

Now the only question I present is ...
Is he really speaking to the dead? or is he possibly reading your mind or unconscious thoughts in some weird way.
Because it seems entirely possible that he could just be picking up on other peoples thoughts and also what they want to hear
(Im not saying he does this on purpose either.)

[][][] <-- boxes --> [][][]

WalkerInTheWoods

I have only seen the show a few times, but I do not think that he always gets things wrong. I think that many times the people present are just not aware of the info that he is receiving. Think about it, do you know everything that happens to your relatives? I have seen others that seem to get info wrong, and when they do the quickly jump to the next thing. But John seems to dwell on the issue, like someone is actually trying to get something across to him. If he is a fake and does not have any idea that something would be truth for them then why would he continue to dwell on an issue? Whether he is actually talking to the dead or just using telepathy is a good question. But to me if it is possible for him to take the info out of their minds, then it is just as possible for him to talk to the dead.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

MJ-12

WalkerInTheWoods

Yes I am sure you are right. It is TV so I am sure that it is edited to make things look better than they are. Of coarse I have never talked to the dead so I do not know how difficult such communication is.

cainam_nazier

I know one of the biggest problems that has been recorded through history whne dealing with the dead is the vaugness of the message.   And if you watch the show you can tell this when he talks to certain people.  He will say something like, "they want you to remember the vaccum"  and you are sapposed to know which vaccum, when, and so on.   One thing that needs to be remembered is that you are getting things that were emotionally important to that person.  As a result the message can be mildly to extreamly encripted depending on how well you know or knew that person.

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com
I am he who walks in the light but is masked by the shadows.

Patty

Perhaps it is my own failing, but I cannot possibly understand how someone who charges several hundred dollars to  over a thousand dollars for 15 - 60 minutes of their time, can possibly be in this for anything but the money. (And the ego trip.)

I have posted a link before, and can post it again, to the IANDS board where a believer saw Edwards in person and witnessed one 'cold reading' after another. Since it was a live performance, no editing was possible. This believer gives a very thorough assessment of the evening with John.

About five years ago everyone was enthralled with James Van Praagh. And now, several times, he has been filmed cheating outright.

It may well be that these psychics have some considerable talent, and considerable psychic ability. but it seems almost certain to me that they are also using dirty tricks to make themselves look better. If I were on the astral plane and met someone who was trying, for instance, to look like a being of pure light and it was obvious to me that they were something a tad less than that, well, I would just as soon wander off somewhere else and let them work through their issues on their own.

Losing a child is truly devastating. After our Rachel died I bought quite a lot of literature on the subject of life after death.  I attended a few talks and went to lots of  'angel' stores and met a lot of people - Some of these people have genuinely helped me on my path but many of them seemed more interested because of the 'fad' nature of new age. Like, how many crystals should I get, what aromatherapy would best complement what metamusic, etc etc etc.

I believe going within one's self is the best way, and many of these people were going outside themselves looking for answers.

People like Robert Bruce and Bruce Moen and Robert Monroe (and presumably Laurie Campbell, as she is affiliated with TMI and isn't she RAM's daughter?)  encourage self empowerment, self discovery, development of one's own inner sight.  This is good. I have had several conversations with some of these people (possibly including RAM after he died, grin) and didn't have to pay a nickel. Laurie 'tests' well, or so I am told, so perhaps she really is tuning into the deceased for those who ask.  Perhaps John is too. As I said, perhaps it is my own failing, but those sorts of dollars (and that sort of public adoration) seem like a very slippery slope to me.

(I'm going to go stand in the corner now.)

Patty

WalkerInTheWoods

I do see your point Patty. But don't you think John has to eat too? Why not make money with the talent that he has. At the same time, why not reach millions of people and try to make them aware of the possibility of life after physical death. But getting tied up in money is a dangerous situation to put yourself into. There is nothing wrong with making money, but when it because something that you love, that is a problem. If I had the ability I could not charge people for my services. I just feel like it would be wrong for me to do. But that does not mean it is totally wrong. It might say something about the person's character, but it does not mean they are a fake. But when someone asks for money for the service it does make it seem like they have a different motive than to help people, making the talent seem questionable. Those that do things for free seem much more ligit to me. There very well could be lots of people out there talking to the "dead" right now. But we will never know it because they are not looking for attention, fame, or money. So which path is right?

Windameir

I have seen a few of Johns shows and he seems quite credible to me. He describes what messages he receives as symbolic in nature this reflects what Robert says about a lot of astral communication. John allways ends his shows by saying that mediums arn't necessary and that anyone can receive messages if they will only listen. I tend to lean heavly in his favor.
Does anyone have an opinion on Sylvia Brown?

Windameir

To make the best better

PeacefulWarrior

Regardless of whether he is legit or not, I think the dead contact us when they want and we shouldn't try to contact them.  They usually contact us in their own special way (dreams, OBE, etc).  I think one runs the risk of being decieved by negs when he or she seeks to channel deceased individuals.

We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------

Patty

Fallnangel:

I assume you are talking of the 'path' to greater spiritual growth and awareness.

I believe the 'right path' is to find one's own way. Whether this includes asking for external help (or marketing one's talent) is each individual's decision. John is making decisions I wouldn't make. People who ask him for readings are making decisions I wouldn't make. But I believe we each follow our own path. (Also, I believe John is not as talented as the show makes him appear, and I believe that 'needing to eat' does not justify the income that he receives. So I guess I am judgmental.)

Windameir,

Yes, I have an opinion on Sylvia Brown.  

The only high - profile psychic who still has any credibility with me personally is Laurie Campbell.  I don't know much about her. I have only heard good things. I also have a good opinion of Joe Mcmoneagle, RVer. He has done well in tests that ask about human psychic functioning. Though he doesn't claim to speak to the dead.

Bottom line for me personally is that if one can do it oneself, then one should do it oneself. That will lead to more growth, and leave no room for doubt as to whether fraud is going on.

Daniel,  You make a good point. Even if psychic functioning is happening, one doesn't know the basis for it. Again, personal exploration seems both best, and most empowering. Not quickest, of course.

And despite being contrary on this particular topic, I wish everyone good travels always.

Love,

Patty

MJ-12

WalkerInTheWoods

Patty,
That was part of my meaning by 'path'. I also meant the path for helping people. If you remain silent about your talent then no one will know what you can do so you will not be able to help many people. But if you are not seeking anything for yourself then those you do help will most likely see you as being truthful. On the other hand if you are like John and become famous people will know you are there and what you can do. This may also open people's eyes to the possibility of life after physical death, something they may never have thought of before.  But you would also face some dangers such becoming entangled with all the money and fame which can hurt your spiritual growth.

cainam_nazier

I am still formulating an opinion on John Edwards, but I know Sylvia Brown is a good person and extreamly accurate.  

As far as these people starting to charge lots of money for the use of thier abilities is simply an issue of supply and demand.  The more well known they become the more it becomes required to charge more money.  People like John Edwards and Sylvia Brown become famous and end up on tv and as a result get flooded with requests for help.  One of the major ways of  limiting this is by charging money.  Even charging as little as 20 bucks will stop a lot of people from making requests.

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com
I am he who walks in the light but is masked by the shadows.

k2sixx

Cainam: Exactly what I was going to say.

Patty, I read that account of a person who received a dissappointing reading.  I wouldn't base disbelief off of that.

Is it not possible for him to have an unsuccessful reading?  Does that account for all the amazing personal issues in families that he brings up?

One amazing thing he pointed out to a man in a gallery reading (off the top of my head, and true):

John talked about the two fingers of his deceased brother.  Turns out, that brother had been forced to leave two of his fingers behind in Las Vegas.  Something that, the man points out, only those two brothers knew about  (shared this with noone else). That is a summary of this little piece of information.

Watching the show, and maybe even attending a show (doesn't look like the majority of people here on these forums would waste an awful amount of money on a private session) would give some food for thought.

Because someone is taking issues further than books and their own homes does not mean it is for the sole purpose of media and money.  Those are simply the distractions that the people will be FORCED to deal with.

PeacefulWarrior

Have any of you heard of or seen the television show "Crossing Over" with John Edwards.  Essentially he is supposed to be able to channel the spirits of individuals who have died.  He communicates what they say to their loved ones who are there in the audience.  I just saw it and I am not sure what to think.  The fact that the whole thing is so commercial makes me very wary, I wonder....the people for whom he does the readings seem astonished at the detail and correctness of the things he says.  Is it real?  Personally, I don't feel mediumship is something to be sought after.  If a being who has "crossed over" wants to speak to you, he or she will do so in their own way.  Anyway, I posted some info about this...

Info and links for those who want to research this themselves:
http://www.johnedward.net/
http://www.scifi.com/johnedward/

John Edward has brought a fresh, honest and thought provoking attitude to the world of psychic phenomena. As a psychic medium, author and lecturer, he has, over the last fifteen years, helped thousands with his uncanny ability to predict future events and communicate with those who have crossed over to the Other Side.

John embarked on developing his own abilities after an encounter with famed psychic
Lydia Clar. Lydia made him aware of his abilities and directed him to use them to assist others. Since then, his clientele has ranged from young to old, student to professor, people of the clergy, law enforcement agencies and people from everyday life. . . His clients wait over a year to sit with him for private sessions, and although John is anxious to share his ability with those that need him, he is unwilling to compromise the quality of his work for the quantity that seek him out.

His long awaited book, One Last Time, was released in November of 1998 and has received wide acclaim from reviewers and clients alike. In November of 1999, it hit #1 on the Los Angeles Times Bestsellers list. John was featured in the HBO Documentary, Life Afterlife, that debuted in October 1999 where he established a connection to the Human Energy Systems Laboratory in Tucson, Arizona. Professor Gary Schwartz and his partner in science and life, Professor Linda Russek, head up the laboratory, and are dedicated scientists that are studying the science of mediumship and the evidence of survival of consciousness. I personally applaud their efforts, tenacity, and dedication in seeking to explore this realm in a scientific manner. More information on this to come. . .

John has also appeared on Larry King Live, Leeza, Roseanne, Maury, Sally, Entertainment Tonight, The Crier Report, Charles Grodin and HBO. He recently released a series of new audio tapes that are key elements in raising awareness about psychic energy and mediumship. John is excited to host the new television show Crossing Over with John Edward on the Sci Fi Cable Network beginning in June 2000.

Born and raised on Long Island, NY, John exhibited psychic abilities from an extremely early age, and was deemed "special" by many in his family. The fact that he would uncannily know family history and events that took place prior to his birth solidified that fact. Because no fuss was made over these early experiences, he maintained as normal a childhood as possible. Since psychic phenomena was so accepted by his family, it was easy for his abilities to flourish. John graduated college with a degree in Public Administration and Health Care Administration. He maintained a management position in a leading health care facility in the Northeast, and always continued his research, lecturing, teaching, readings, and writing in the field of parapsychology. Due to the large demand for his time and ability, John now devotes his time to pursuing his psychic work full time.

John resides in Long Island, New York, with his wife Sandra and
their two Bichon Frises, Jolie and Roxie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This website is the only official on-line source of information regarding John Edward, his schedule, tour dates, or other appearances. John and his office make absolutely no representations or endorsements of any web-sites containing information about him, crossing over, or his books.

Copyright © 2002 John J. Edward
All Rights Reserved

Crossing Over with John Edward moves to an all-new time on the "sci-Fi" channel, 11PM and 11:30PM ET/PT on Sundays, while continuing to air Monday through Thursday at 11PM and 11:30PM ET/PT.

T.S. Elliot
---------------