News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Curious About Walk-Ins

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless

I'm curious as to what you all think of or about walk-ins. What they are, what it means. Just anything you might know about them.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Szaxx

Can you define walk-ins? It looks like nobody else understands what they are too.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Nameless

I would love to if I understood myself so I'll give some background as to why I ask.

I had an experience as a child that I never understood. 40 plus years later with the internet I went searching for answers but found nothing similar. However I did find just 1 reference that was close. In that one reference the person mentioned being a walk in.

I was led (by the others) to send out a tweet. I had a huge following at the time so tweeted "I feel like a walk-in." I knew that tweet would lead to finding the answer I sought and it did. However the answer was no where near what I thought or had been searching for.

But I was left wondering what the heck is a walk-in? I've come across a few references since then but nothing conclusive and thought the community here might have something to add.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

RobertForsythe

Quote from: Nameless on August 22, 2016, 16:20:30
I'm curious as to what you all think of or about walk-ins. What they are, what it means. Just anything you might know about them.

As I recall, it is a term I first heard from a Scientology friend several decades ago.

It refers to a condition where a person dies from shock or some other minor condition that left a perfectly healthy or at least reasonably healthy physical body behind and a Thetan/soul in the area looks the situation over and decides to step in and occupy the abandoned body and re-vivify it, and live out the rest of that body's useful lifespan.

Nameless

Thanks Robert, that kind of goes along with that one I read. The lady had some kind of traumatic event and her 'soul' just up and left letting another take over. I wonder if there is anything to that. I don't think it matters much what or whether this is going on but just found the term interesting.

EscapeVelocity

I first came across the concept of Walk-ins back in the late '70's, early '80's through a series of books by the psychic author Ruth Montgomery. At this point, some 35 years later, I still have the books but can't remember details or the best of the series. I pulled from my shelf "Strangers Among Us", which I think was a pretty complete and good read.

Basically, a Walk-in situation occurs when a person becomes SO dissatisfied with their current life, SO incapable of completing their Life Mission, possibly contemplating suicide...that an alternative is introduced; that alternative is that another soul will step in and take over that particular life and its particular karma/circumstances, thereby relieving the first soul of its task so it can return to the Afterlife and strategize a new life/approach. Thus, the opportunity afforded by the present Physical being/circumstance is not wasted.

This was an interesting concept at the time to contemplate, but I must admit that as disconsolate as I was at the time, and as close to self-termination as I was at times, the option was never afforded me. So I just don't know...possibly the idea relates directly to the quality and opportunity provided by a specific life that may be abandoned. The personal implications of this were uncomfortable... :-(, lol...

I also find it interesting that I haven't encountered the idea in any writings after those by Ruth, maybe a few simply by reference. Currently I am reading Dolores Cannon's work and I haven't seen a mention.

The theory seems natural and possible, but that's all I have I must admit, after only a few decades, lol.

EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Nameless

Wait... I read that book, can't really remember when though. Funny how I didn't remember it till reading your reply. But then again, a lot of things have been coming back to me lately.

I think most of us consider terminating our time here at one point or another but of course most of us don't. It's interesting that this one term 'walk-in' helped me find the answer to my own question. I'm still putting together what happened way back them and I'm starting to think the other person may have experienced that temporarily and I  just tuned into that.

Thanks for tossing that out there EV.  :-)

desert-rat

As I understand a walk in is a soul exchange .  One soul leaves a body and a different one takes over . Both souls agree to this .  There are people that make compleet changes in there lives , new job, hub/wife , they move , ect. so I think there are a few rare times where this does happen .  
p.s. s.f. has a walk in sub sec. with the past lives sec.  and as I remember there are you tube videos from walk ins
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/  

on you tube use soul exchange .

Nameless

Thanks desert-rat, I'll check that out and that should be enough to satisfy my curiousity.  :-)

Bluefirephoenix

I actually know someone who thinks they may be a walk-in. They woke up one morning didn't know where they were and their spouse claimed that they were not the person they physically looked like. This person has been in that state ever since. They were healthy and had no mental illnesses. They cannot remember what happened or why. This person is local. It's not an online friend.

The second incident I had experience with was in high school. My best friend all the sudden changed.... completely. She didn't seem to know us or anything about the school. We were doing a science project together and she was unable to complete it resulting in a failing grade for both of us.

After about two weeks she complained of a headache passed out in the hall way and when she came too she was normal but had no memory of the past 2 weeks.

Odd memory loss seems to be characteristic based on what I saw. It's very strange I didn't do a reading on it but perhaps I should have.

Nameless

That's really interesting BlueFire. I wonder if either of them ever figured out what happened and how they dealt with it.

When I was 3 I woke one morning and everything had changed. I knew everything I should have known, like family and relations but I had absolutely no attachment to them. That feeling lasted the entire day. By the second day I just decided to get used to it and form those attachments. It wasn't easy.

A couple of weeks later my mother tried to take her own life. She was put in an institution and in those days that was not good news. But I think what happened with me was a foreshadowing of what was going on with her and helped me understand what she needed. I knew her detachment and I knew it wasn't something she wished for it just was and she needed help reforming those.

So my personal experience was psychic but not a walk-in. I just looked at the forum posted by desert-rat and looks like they can't agree on exactly what a walk-in is either but interesting reading.

Thanks for adding to this discussion and hugs too.

Bluefirephoenix

The first one is still the walk in. She knows she suspects that she is a walk in and talks freely about the experience. She has no idea how she got there or what happened to the previous occupant. I don't know about the marriage. Certainly such an incident would put a marriage at risk. She has adapted and accepted the experience.

The second I lost contact with after High School  she married and moved to another region. The incident happened near our Senior year. I was never sure that she was the same person I grew up with.

EscapeVelocity

Nameless,  I will toss out another idea that may relate to your experience at age three; it may not relate AT ALL or it might. I do know that I had a number of experiences between 2 and 5 that may simply be natural formative experiences fully explainable by conventional child psychology...or there may be NP components involved as well.

This is simply a soul theory that says that the soul may originally enter the child at different times: during impregnation, any time during pregnancy, or any time during the first five or six years of childhood.

Unfortunately, I have forgotten most of my earliest memories (1-3) other than some oddities that stuck with me for quite awhile. Ages 4-6, I have some "beauts" that I remember very clearly and keep to myself.

Some other OBE posters have recounted early memories that have triggered the process within me. If you want to search a bit, look at some of CFTraveler's postings here on the Pulse that may relate.

Bluefirephoenix's second case may relate to something I am coincidentally reading in Dolores Cannon's first book of her Convoluted Universe series. That has to do with parallel universes and continually branching timelines from our own. This theory proposes that there are an infinite number of branching and parallel universes that aspects of our soul participate within, each with varying degrees of differentiation. And sometimes the universes collide and interpenetrate one another and a shift of personalities between two soul aspects can take place. Like a convergence or an alignment. The convergence may last for an instant or minutes or hours; it may last for weeks or years. It is very rare, but Cannon's regression cases suggested the possibility very strongly.

Certainly, much more divergent personalities and lifestyles have been reported in both the literature and my own personal connections; lifetimes on obviously alien planets or in dimensions where the person is clearly out of place within the extant society but has no choice but to adapt as best as possible until a return shift occurs. Monroe reported this in his first book; quite bizarre at the time, maybe not so much today. This has only happened for me in brief glimpses and leaves my thinking very incomplete on the subject, but the anecdotal evidence is growing, at least for me. BFP's friend sure sounds like one...

Interesting discussion.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

PlasmaAstralProjection

I also had a very similar experience when I was mentally ill for about a month suffering from depersonalizatin disorder. And during this time I feel asleep on the couch and I woke up cold. And it was as if everything was new to me. Almost like a whole new self was taking the place of my old self. But it didn't feel like I was another person. It just felt like a new consciousness deeper inside of me had to take over from there and get a grip on who I was and where I was. Luckily I got some help and got better but I still remember what happened then.

Also I have doubts that just because someone doesn't remember who they were that that was a walk in. This can be explained by a condition known as amnesia.

There was a guy that committed suicide and there was a Buddhist monk that astral projected and was there when he died and the Buddhist got permission to enter his body, so he did. And after entering his body he got better and even wrote some books about it. I don't remember what the books where called. I found it on a torrent site some years ago.

Also there is a similar story of a guy that did the same thing though he wasn't a Buddhist monk.

Makes me wonder if someone could enter a body of someone that is projecting and take over. It may be possible but hard.

Nameless

This conversation is certainly beginning to open up with lots to think about and explore. I'll need some time to absorb these ideas. Thank you all for your input.

desert-rat

I do believe walks ins do happen , but I dont know how any one could prove it was not some kind of phy. or mental health problem . I guess if some one had info on some one else s life that would be some kind of proof .  Lest say a walk in knew that( the walk in being the soul of Joe Smith )  Joe Smith lived on maple st. in LA , was married to Jane Smith , and was killed in a car wreck on I5 , ect.