News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

dentistophobia

Previous topic - Next topic

Qui-Gon Jinn

Hey brother, glad you´re back mate...  

.... not that it will make you feel much better, but there alot of people sharing your what you called it; dentistophobia?   I am not one of them (even though don´t thrive in having a dude sticking sharp items in meza mouth), lucky me, but I have other just as disturbing phobias...

I am not sure what to do, except what you can do with all phobias...  you do realize there is nothing to fear, so try and let your intellect convince you to that...  and step into your "lightbody", the place where there is no tension nor fear, only complete inner peace.  Imagine yourself being drugged or something, use your imagination....     all the best //Rick

- Your focus determines your reality -

Jacara

I had the same thing; after two consecutive hellish experiences from my old dentist, I developed the same "phobia" and stopped going to the dentist for quite a few years until I had some teeth positively rotted away.
Eventually I only agreed to go back to a dentist that gave Nitrous Oxide ("laughing gas") beforehand.  Though insurance doesn't cover it, it's only about $50.  It doesn't make you as out-of-it as I'd thought (and hoped) it would, but it makes you slightly disconnected from what's going on as if you're half-awake and floating, just enough to take the edge off.  That, combined with basic meditation stuff [and of course, Novocain] got me through it.  After I realized how little the Nitrous did, and when I realized that I could have a good outcome from the dentist, I can now get work done without any problems (and without the Nitrous).   For those who've done any meditation, it's surprisingly easy to blank/focus your mind to ignore the prying hands and buzzing drills.  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_wink.gif" border=0>

"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain
"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain

distant bell

Hi!
I have this huge problem right now- My dentist wants to do a whole load of stuff with my teah, amongst them two root-canals... and well- I don´t like the idea. Only the money I will have to pay for it is enough to give me a real depression.. but the second problem is that I just cann´t stand to go to the dentist. I really freak out when I go there. I get these panic attacs- rasing heart beat, and breathing difficultys together with strong panic. This is most unfortunate when you are suppoused to be lying still in the dentist chair with a whole armada of strange fingers and things in your mouth.

Ok- this might seem silly to people who have mastered there dentist fears- but I´m just not there jet..
I would appreciate any kinde of advise...

Frater Felix

--Low is the law- Love under will--