News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Depression, suicide and the afterlife

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusions

From what I have heard, the ways depressions end are:
- You no longer chose to feel that way and you simply decide to be over it and be happy
- You hit rock bottom and the only way left is up
- You exit with suicide

Either way you will be free.

Now I am struggling with this. I am in a situation where there isn't so much pain perse, despite being somewhat lonely.
But more the absence of joy that makes life kind of depressing.
Getting into a cycle of eating, walking the dog, sitting behind the pc and meditating and having the most fun when I am dreaming or astral, where I do feel joy most of the time.
I can't quite see how I can chose to be happy although I know It's possible.

So, I researched this, about what happens after death/suicide:
In general, you experience this great peace, love and freedom. And a feeling of waking up from a dream, becoming more of yourself.
You do your life review, but you see that your last choice wasn't so well for everyone around you.
(Unless you chose to go back to your physical reality, undo and forget your decision to end it all, or survive it).
*because of this, they say 'every death is suicide'

Anyways, so now I am into exploring the astral, but it seems so much easier to end it all, be in joy, and experience creation without the body and being in the astral all the time, despite hurting my loved ones on this side.

So how do you think about this, any of you who overcome it or maybe met entities in the NPR that told you about their death. Do share. :)

The One is ALL. And the All are One.

Xanth

EscapeVelocity

Fusions,

I'm number 2 in your category. I hit rock bottom at 19 and decided it couldn't get any worse. Life couldn't hurt me any worse. Rather than check out permanently, I made a decision.  So I took it day by day, just to make the next day slightly better than the one before and have built on that. I'm 52 and still go through these difficult times. I'm in one serious decline for the last several years. It feels like you are thrown back to square one. I choose to fight.

I don't pretend to understand it anymore, I just deal with it the best I can. What I've learned is that the best thing I can do is to help the people around me in the best way I can. That makes me feel worthwhile. Worth being here. At least adding to the equation, rather than subtracting.

I don't know what else you do Fusions, but you add to the knowledge here, and that is valuable to the rest of us.

As many times as I have contemplated it, checking out is not an option. I have to see it through. Actually, I think a premature exit can seriously retard our progress. Not that I haven't considered the downside, nonetheless.

I think it's like looking at a particular grade in elementary school; we will say, " Yeah, 4th grade was a grump, but I got through it and can barely remember it now."

I also think this is a rare time in history and won't be repeated again any time soon. So we need to be here.

The last thing I can give are words better than I can ever conceive: from Khalil Gibran's The Prophet-

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
And how else can it be?
The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.`

Fusions, I hope you stay.

EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

LightBeam

At the age of 18 or 19, you have not seen anything of this life yet. If you feel bored, why don't you make your life more interesting. Start making plans for your future. Sign up as a volunteer at a local hospital, elderly care facility or even nearby prison. There are many people in pain who need help and would appreciate a simple connection, sympathy and comforting. To escape from this reality is easy enough, but if we choose the easy way out, what is it that we have leavened? Why did we even bother entering? And what makes you think that in the astral you will experience only joy and love. If you carry over your current mentality, you will see soon enough that there are unresolved issues. Through retrievals I have done on stuck spirits, the most common problems were unresolved issues and unlearned lessons, false beliefs, etc. I don't know exactly how much experience you have had in the astral, but while some time you may experience joy, another you may be forced to experience not so pleasant things depending on your thoughts, fears, etc.

And really, turn off your PC and explore the real world out there. Sign up for yoga classes, make more friends,  go out and explore this world. There is so much to see and interact with. A lot of joy and happiness doesn't come just from what we gain for ourselves, but from what we give to others. And there a lot of people in need of various types of help out there.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Fusions

Quote from: Lionheart on February 17, 2014, 01:20:54
On a another note, I would love to hear how someone came to this conclusion "In general, you experience this great peace, love and freedom", because if they committed Suicide their physical reality has come to an end and therefore they no longer tell tales.

I believe that Suicide has more of an impact on your loved ones, more than the person that has committed it. Sure you are gone and it's final for this time around, but all the people around you have to live with the guilt and sorrow of your act and will question themselves for the rest of their life in the realm, what they could have done to prevent it.

Just remember, no matter how bad your situation is, there is always someone else that has it worse! I know people hate hearing that. But it's the truth.
"In general, you experience this great peace, love and freedom"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59OOCGzd6fE
So that's from there.

Also, that's what I've heard in books from Neale Walsch 'Conversations with God' and in the videos from Abraham Hicks.

You don't choose to come here just to leave when things get tough. In my opinion the tough times are where the real lessons are shown. Our growth comes through the way we handle these events and times.
That's a good statement. However, you come here voluntarily and you can leave if you think you had enough IMO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S8s-aNT3Kg

And really, turn off your PC and explore the real world out there. Sign up for yoga classes, make more friends,  go out and explore this world. There is so much to see and interact with. A lot of joy and happiness doesn't come just from what we gain for ourselves, but from what we give to others. And there a lot of people in need of various types of help out there.
This is the best advice. Thank you.

I like Tom Cambell, but that video didn't resonate with me (maybe because of some ego issues), but I have been thinking about the people that you leave behind. And what he says about 'you can't come, you need to go back' doesn't seem right with what I have heard from other sources. Since you are the creator, the only one who judges you is yourself in the spiritual realm, god doesn't judge, and you create your reality with free will.

Szaxx

You quoted,
Since you are the creator, the only one who judges you is yourself in the spiritual realm, god doesn't judge, and you create your reality with free will.

This is 100% accurate?
What you percieve as the 3D world is lost in the immensity of the whole.
I'd seriously rethink this. As already mentioned, the many retrievals done show otherwise. If you could enter the mind of a tormented suicide victim, self destruction doesn't solve the problem, it actually exacerbates it many times. Being alone within an emotional loop is far worse than anything the physical can do. In the astral generally, you'll find groups of like minded people. This may be a strong pointer that doing something like self termination will leave you totally isolated.

A third person perspective of the problem is a start. Obtaining this is where you learn to break free.
The most difficult part is having someone to trust. If you are truly on your own then you have to create a spark of faith and believe in yourself.
This opens doors...
Looking at the biggest picture too from the outside, you unlock yourself from the decline and things start to sort themselves out.
The cold and dark wane, then it's time to change this mindset from destruction to resurrection.
I'm a little older and thing's generally are no bed of roses.
I can relate to this feeling from both sides.
Trust things will be better, I always take an optimists view, they can't get much worse.
So its going to get better by default.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

desert-rat

You might use one of the many methods of past life regression , to see if your depression is from problems in a past life . You really want to deal with what ever is causing your problems . Your after life wont be peacefull , and you will be forced to come back and do this all over again .

Fusions

Quote from: desert-rat on February 17, 2014, 12:30:56
You might use one of the many methods of past life regression , to see if your depression is from problems in a past life . You really want to deal with what ever is causing your problems . Your after life wont be peacefull , and you will be forced to come back and do this all over again .
This may not be a bad idea.
But what you said goes against everything I've heard about the after life and there is always free will. Who could force you except yourself?

Sharing this because it's cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DLSyU7y97M

LightBeam

Quote from: Fusions on February 17, 2014, 13:33:19
But what you said goes against everything I've heard about the after life and there is always free will. Who could force you except yourself?

You have heard, but have not experienced yourself, so it has no validation. You think at the moment from the perspective of your character (physical you). Because of the limitations of perception here, we cant see from the standpoint of our higher self. When the time comes that you can review the "big picture" through the view of your higher self, then the "judgment" of what you have accomplished or have not, or what do you need to further evolve will be completely different from what you think and judge for yourself at the moment. This is the very element a lot of people are missing when interpreting free will. And at first when you freely enter the astral, you may not access your higher self or guides immediately, even if you really really want to do so. You may want to go here and there and experience this and that, but you will find that you may not be able to do everything or go everywhere you desire. And that will be exactly because of unresolved issues and state of mind that have triggered your current life circumstances. I am an experienced explorer, but there are times when I give commands and give commands and want to see something or go somewhere and it does not happen. And this can be confirmed by everyone who has had AP experiences. When this journey here ends, the astral journey continues, but it wont be an instant connection with the highest source and ultimate joy if you have unresolved issues. Many APers can confirm this through their retrievals.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

desert-rat

You need to understand karma , and we punish our selvs .  Lets say you feel guilty about something from a past life , you dont need to be guilty , just feel that way .  One purpose in doing a past life regression is know what has happned and what needs to be dealt with, cleared out . I will post a link from another forum , in post #8 I list some methods of past life regression .
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=63454

Fusions

But isn't your soul made clean and refreshed when you come in here again? Children and babies are without fear when they come in. You don't see a baby all tensed up.

Anyhow, this reminds me of a guru who answered some question about past lifes and enlightenment:
'If you want this to take long , make sure you include past lifes'

desert-rat

Some children do have memories of past lives , most forget around 5 years of age . There is an interesting story of this kid . He has memories of having been a WW 2 pilot .  He was shot down and killed .  I will find some links and post them hear .
http://www.personalgrowthcourses.net/video/reincarnation_evidence_abc_boy_pilot_wwii
http://www.examiner.com/article/soul-survivor-links-wwii-fighter-pilot-to-boy-case-of-reincarnation
http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/8856/reincarnated-wwii-fighter-pilot/
3 of many links on this boy . Other links are easy to find .  
P.S. , by no means do we come in to this world with a " clean slate " .   

astralnaut1

Hello fusions

I used to have depression. From childhood to when i was 19 years old it was just getting worse, but overcame it by welll.... Just concentrating and changing my state of mind at will... I think i had what is called clinical depression because it had no reasons to apear.
mental layer by layer combat sux

Xanth

Quote from: Xanth on February 16, 2014, 20:15:59
You might enjoy this video from Tom Campbell:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GiLDuaDl4I
Fusions...
Did you watch this video?  All of it?

Hell... for that matter, did ANYONE here watch it?

Lionheart

Quote from: Xanth on February 17, 2014, 17:53:44
Fusions...
Did you watch this video?  All of it?

Hell... for that matter, did ANYONE here watch it?
I did, but it's hard for people to listen to a sensible elder man, once they have their minds already made up.  :-(

Fusions

I watched 60% of the video.

Anyways, I just read in Home with God, by Neale Walsch, that you indeed go back, and re do your 'theme' because your not satisfied with your goal with your own free will. So there's that. 

Xanth

Lionheart

Quote from: Xanth on February 18, 2014, 13:18:00
And....?
Fusions is looking for any input that justifies his/her current beliefs. Anything outside of that is not admissible!

Fusions

Quote from: Xanth on February 18, 2014, 13:18:00
And....?
QuoteI like Tom Cambell, but that video didn't resonate with me (maybe because of some ego issues), but I have been thinking about the people that you leave behind. And what he says about 'you can't come, you need to go back' doesn't seem right with what I have heard from other sources. Since you are the creator, the only one who judges you is yourself in the spiritual realm, god doesn't judge, and you create your reality with free will.

I am not sure what to believe on the whole 'you have to redo your life theme or you want to redo your life theme', I believe you have a choice to stay in the spirit realm without HAVING to go back. Because you are loved without ANY condition and you have your own free will.

But I guess on some level its necessary to fulfill your plan that you had in mind before you came onto this world.

Xanth

Quote from: Fusions on February 18, 2014, 17:41:19

I am not sure what to believe on the whole 'you have to redo your life theme or you want to redo your life theme', I believe you have a choice to stay in the spirit realm without HAVING to go back. Because you are loved without ANY condition and you have your own free will.

But I guess on some level its necessary to fulfill your plan that you had in mind before you came onto this world.
I honestly didn't see your response up above, my apologies.

With that said, believe what you want... but take strength from it.  Don't allow it to turn you away from experiences here.

The point is that you either grow spiritually... stagnating or even decreasing your spirituality isn't helpful.  You CHOSE to be here in this reality for a reason and that's to learn to love and grow in an environment which provides you with the fastest possible spiritual growth possibilities.  THAT is why you're here. 

You're not here to ignore this reality... or escape it prematurely by your own actions.  That is the horrible part of suicide... it's not that you're gone, it's that you've lost a great chance at growing spiritually and moving closer to Love.

desert-rat

One thing you might want to try is to ask your own higher self/guides/masters what is going on and what course to take . One method is to do deep breathing until you are relaxed , visualize your higher self as a point of white light in deep space . Ask your higher self what to do , where any problems are . You might want to the circulation of white light at the same time. I will post a link to a post I made on s.f. when I find it.
p.s. http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=56764

Fusions

Thank you Desert

Quote from: Xanth on February 18, 2014, 18:25:23
I honestly didn't see your response up above, my apologies.

With that said, believe what you want... but take strength from it.  Don't allow it to turn you away from experiences here.

The point is that you either grow spiritually... stagnating or even decreasing your spirituality isn't helpful.  You CHOSE to be here in this reality for a reason and that's to learn to love and grow in an environment which provides you with the fastest possible spiritual growth possibilities.  THAT is why you're here. 

You're not here to ignore this reality... or escape it prematurely by your own actions.  That is the horrible part of suicide... it's not that you're gone, it's that you've lost a great chance at growing spiritually and moving closer to Love.
You are right. I chose to be here. And I'll guess I go when the time is right anyways.

mkj

Quote from: Xanth on February 16, 2014, 20:15:59
You might enjoy this video from Tom Campbell:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GiLDuaDl4I
At one point he likens repeated suicide (of the same soul) to a defunct game piece. I think he says something like the 'master' or 'god' that plays the piece ends up eventually retiring the piece because it doesn't progress through the game and instead continuously suicides/exits. Is he saying that there's a limit to the amount of times a soul can kill themselves before the system gives up on them or something..? I hope I'm interpreting it wrong, it doesn't really sit well with me.

urshebear

My dad committed suicide when I was 18, almost 6 years ago.
I have communicated with him, through dreams and also through a medium who picked me out of the audience at a live show which was amazing and life changing.
He is OK, he showed me the answers to my questions. I am fine but I do miss him everyday and think about him all the time. For the first year after losing him, I did lose the plot a bit.

I think everyone thinks about suicide at least once in their life, but its a selfish way of thinking and I for one would NEVER do it.

When you feel that way, remind yourself that even when it seems like its been raining for ages, the sun always comes out again.

Xanth

Quote from: mkj on March 24, 2014, 01:41:04
At one point he likens repeated suicide (of the same soul) to a defunct game piece. I think he says something like the 'master' or 'god' that plays the piece ends up eventually retiring the piece because it doesn't progress through the game and instead continuously suicides/exits. Is he saying that there's a limit to the amount of times a soul can kill themselves before the system gives up on them or something..? I hope I'm interpreting it wrong, it doesn't really sit well with me.
You're interpreting that correctly.
Per Tom, if you become a liability to the system in that you simply refuse, time and time again, to grow spiritually... the system can choose to remove you from the game.
What point is there is allowing a consciousness to continue when it has so much fear within it that growth simply isn't an option anymore?

The question is... why does this not sit well with you?