News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Depression, suicide and the afterlife

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusions

Quote from: Xanth on March 24, 2014, 08:24:20
You're interpreting that correctly.
Per Tom, if you become a liability to the system in that you simply refuse, time and time again, to grow spiritually... the system can choose to remove you from the game.
What point is there is allowing a consciousness to continue when it has so much fear within it that growth simply isn't an option anymore?

The question is... why does this not sit well with you?
Goes against everything I learned (from bashar etc.)

You exit, and you can not go into non existance because that, per definition doesn't exist.
The One is ALL. And the All are One.

mkj

Quote from: Xanth on March 24, 2014, 08:24:20
You're interpreting that correctly.
Per Tom, if you become a liability to the system in that you simply refuse, time and time again, to grow spiritually... the system can choose to remove you from the game.
What point is there is allowing a consciousness to continue when it has so much fear within it that growth simply isn't an option anymore?

The question is... why does this not sit well with you?
Don't really know. It brings up a whole new set of questions that he never really addressed. Such as what being is running the system that gets to decide the limit, what the actual limit is, what happens after the piece is retired (i.e. is it sent to 'hell' like in Christianity? Or is the soul simply destroyed and ceases to exist?), etc. And just the fact that the system can lose hope in someone, I guess.

Xanth

I don't really know either guys.  I'm just telling you how I interpret Tom's opinion on this one.

What I do know is don't rely on any SINGLE source for your information, and definitely DO NOT just straight up believe *ANYTHING* you hear/read. 

"The system" is what decides.  "The system" is you, me, rocks, tress... all of consciousness.  You're not an individual, remember?  :)
Tom says that when an individuated unit of consciousness is removed, it's simply like backing up a folder on your computer.  That folder is you... when it's backed up it's still you, it just has no awareness anymore.

As I said, I don't really fully understand it either... nor am I afraid of such circumstances either.

Szaxx

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Xanth