News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Do You..

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunn

..I've been reading these forums for some time aswell as posting.. but some of the stuff i've read sounds nuts.. like its easy for someone to register and babble on about something like..say..time travelling to the future and scripting off some stuff they "saw". I'm not saying its not true but I take everything with a pinch of salt on these forums and try and compare them to what i've experienced...

This is an amazing place for some very interesting and valuable material thats made free for all, maybe we should make more of an effort to keep the "real" information at the top and let the BS sink to the back

don't you agree?

SpeaK

So, other peoples truth is BS, because you say so? So no, I don't agree.

I'd think people who wander in forums like this, have learned already, or will learn quickly that nothing is certain, and you can't really call anything BS. Of course you can think it is, but saying that "we should let the BS-topics just go down, because hey, I know what the truth is and that guy's just TALKING NUTS", is just BS. (tee hee)

Sunn

Quote from: SpeaKSo, other peoples truth is BS, because you say so? So no, I don't agree.

I'd think people who wander in forums like this, have learned already, or will learn quickly that nothing is certain, and you can't really call anything BS. Of course you can think it is, but saying that "we should let the BS-topics just go down, because hey, I know what the truth is and that guy's just TALKING NUTS", is just BS. (tee hee)

er..thats not what I said at all

(btw have you made anymore new tracks?)

Sunn

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22260

its basically stuff like that... which obviously isnt true. That could freak a new user out and its the frist thread in that forum..  

and just to note I'm not saying people cant do those things but seriously? new user joining todayand posts that?

SpeaK

Well, you're doing it again. You are saying something obviously isn't true. I don't think we can begin locking topics that could scare new users away, just because most people don't believe what the one who made the topic, says. Everyone can say anything they want here(as long as it's not offensive), and people are free to discuss about it. I don't think that should be changed in any way.

edit: And the fact a new user posted something "weird" doesn't make it any less valid.

(off-topic: the flute track is the latest I've made. edit: here it is)

Sunn

but everything cant be true! regardless if this reality can be shaped and twisted

(offtopic: did you link it here?)

Nay

I can see where sunn is coming from.  If you want a forum to have high standards you need to weed through the..... less than helpful threads.

QuoteAnd the fact a new user posted something "weird" doesn't make it any less valid.
Have to disagree.  If allowed to continue to happen, you'll find that in a few months all you'll see is a bunch of new people coming on here claiming all sorts of stuff.  Let's face it...  the internet is a haven for pathological liars and I'm more than sure there are a few amoungst us now.  It's one thing to be all mushy, trusting and having faith in  peoples alleged experiences, quite the other to forget common sense while reading these accounts.

Nay

kiwibonga

You believe that it is possible to leave your body and meet dead relatives, but time travel is "too weird?"

I'm not saying we should all believe him instantly, but rather than saying "it's not true" ; get him to prove it. If he can time travel at will, that means he can, for instance, predict what the biggest headline will be next week and come tell us about it.
OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006

Nay

QuoteI'm not saying we should all believe him instantly, but rather than saying "it's not true" ; get him to prove it. If he can time travel at will, that means he can, for instance, predict what the biggest headline will be next week and come tell us about it.
Yeah, I can understand that, but the whole "get him to prove it" thing seems almost passive agressive to me, especially if there's hidden sarcasm from the person asking for the proof.            
Isn't there some guy on here whom claims to go with a few hours of sleep, and can heal the sick and raise the dead, yet will not bother to prove it.

But the newspaper thing is a good idea.. I think I have the patience to wait a few days..  :grin:

Leilah

Good point, Runlola.
Leaning over
Crawling up
Stumbling all around
Losing my place
Only to find I've come full circle.

Nay

I don't get the point Leilah, do you mind explaining it to me?  

thanks.  :smile:

EDIT: I should have added, what I mean is, all Runlola said was, "Many people would agree that astral projection is BS... ".. but that really isn't here nor there seeings how the thread is about people that talk just bullsh*t and trying to keep it down to a mininum. .  Some people don't know better when to take something with a grain of salt.

Leilah

Since it wasn't MY point, I will explain how I interpreted it.

Basically, I viewed it as a nice - "combat" - to the whole thread. Because it's funny. Here we are, on a forum where mostly everything is considered ridiculous by the "normal public". Would it be that surprising, or ridiculous to see a thread about time travel??

I don't think so.
Leaning over
Crawling up
Stumbling all around
Losing my place
Only to find I've come full circle.

Nay

QuoteSince it wasn't MY point, I will explain how I interpreted it.
Yeah I know... but you seemed to have understood it, that is why I asked you.

I guess I just see it different. I really see the "normal public" being alot more interested in the Supernatural these days more than any other time in our history.  

I'm also gonna go out on a limb and say that I think that there are alot of younger people out there today that haven't quite grown up yet and are still making up stuff.    Is it really such a bad thing to try and keep things on the up and up?  

I believe in time-travel.... in the astral because I've experienced it, but just like I can't levitate on this physical plane, I can't time travel on this plane either.  I'd like to suggest,  instead of coming on here braggin that you can do so, why not start out by just learning how to meditate and quiet the mind.  

And I don't care how much someone brags they can shoot a ki-ball or stay awake for un-realistic amounts of time, I don't believe them and wish that I wouldn't have to read such fantasy on a forum that used to hold high regards.  

It's great for ya'll to high-five and back slap each other, but at what expense?  At the expense of loosing the focus on why these forums were trying to help others to start with, and that is Astral Projection.

It's starting to feel a little bit like lord of the flies around here..  :shock:  Kill all the adults and lets live in our fantasy world, together we can make it happen!  :lol:

SpeaK

Do you really think you can be outside your body? Or travel with your mind? Or that there is anything else than just chemical messages and electrical impulses in our brain? We are already in a fantasy land, who are you(or anyone else) to judge what is true and what is not?

I mean, you've experienced time travelling in the astrals, so you believe in it. You haven't time travelled in real life, so you don't believe in it. I guess you will once you experience it yourself? But hey, let's lock the guys topic, because probably he's not telling the truth, and is talking nuts, or just lying.

And as a side-note, I don't know yet what to think about being OoB. I will not "believe" it before i actually experience it, but I wont rule it out as being impossible either. I guess you're on the same state about time travelling, but you're ready to lock topics about it, since you don't believe in it.

Nay

Ah Ha!  You can't pull the moderator, lock topic tactic on me because I'm no longer a mod!   And where in the hell did you get that I said that?? :lol:  

I can now say whatever I want and it's only my opinion so no need to get the ole panties in a wad.  Phhhffft!! :razz:

Yes, I believe that I can go outside my body and travel with my mind.  I'm pretty sure it does have something to do with the electrical impulses, chemical messages, or whatever in our brains.  I don't see what that has to do with it being real or not, our bodies needed to be created in such a way so certain things COULD be achieved in the astral and that some things could just not be built into our physical bodies, thus we can't do certain things while in the physical.

And no, I don't believe one can levitate, time travel, etc...  If we could do all these cool things that could easily make our life on this planet better, then what would be the point of us having to come here to start with?  

We come here to learn lessons, in my opinion,  and if life here was easy than no lessons would be learnt.  I had to learn ALOT of lessons before I could consciously project.. I had to work for it.   I believe we are all born with the ability but it gets lost for most as we grow older.  Some more lost than others.. I am very thankful I had spontaneous projection all thru childhood, thus causing me to search for the answers to what was happening... but anyhoo.

Believe or not believe, let's at least  be realisitic.  :smile:

SpeaK

Maybe my replies seem a little aggressive, but that's not my intention. :P And the locking topics thingy was just a hypothetical suggestion, if you could lock topics. I would've said that to anyone.

Yeah well, maybe you believe that all these things could be created in our brain(like I mostly do), but not everyone believes that. Some think that we really actually do leave our bodies, in one way or another. (and I wont deny this either, of course)
My post came off too much I was pointing everything directly to you...

My whole point anyways is: We can't start locking topics we don't believe. Who could possibly draw the line between things we believe and things we don't believe? Everyone has their personal beliefs.

QuoteBelieve or not believe, let's at least be realisitic.
I can't say anything else, than that I just disagree on this. There's no way of telling what is "realistic".

James S

Quote from: Nay

I guess I just see it different. I really see the "normal public" being alot more interested in the Supernatural these days more than any other time in our history.  

I'm also gonna go out on a limb and say that I think that there are alot of younger people out there today that haven't quite grown up yet and are still making up stuff.    Is it really such a bad thing to try and keep things on the up and up?  

I believe in time-travel.... in the astral because I've experienced it, but just like I can't levitate on this physical plane, I can't time travel on this plane either.  I'd like to suggest,  instead of coming on here braggin that you can do so, why not start out by just learning how to meditate and quiet the mind.  

And I don't care how much someone brags they can shoot a ki-ball or stay awake for un-realistic amounts of time, I don't believe them and wish that I wouldn't have to read such fantasy on a forum that used to hold high regards.  

It's great for ya'll to high-five and back slap each other, but at what expense?  At the expense of loosing the focus on why these forums were trying to help others to start with, and that is Astral Projection.

It's starting to feel a little bit like lord of the flies around here..  :shock:  Kill all the adults and lets live in our fantasy world, together we can make it happen!  :lol:
I definitely agree with the first line here in particular. I also feel that there's a lot more kids these days looking at things that contain some kind of "spiritual" connection. Unfortunately they're hooking on to violent fantasy cartoons that are about as spiritual as a shotgun.

I feel there is a much greater awareness since we've now pretty well stepped both feet firmly into the Aquarian age. Spirituality is far more prevolent now than it was say 20 years ago. So many kids are growing up with an innate understanding that they are higher evolved beings than much of the older generation, so spirutaility comes naturally to them.

Trouble is when you get a whole slew of techno/fantasy/pseudo-spiritual TV shows feeding their minds, spiritually its no different to trying to raise what was a healthy child on a steady diet of doughnuts.

Blessings,
James.

ChineseRoom

I agree with the OP's main point, which is trying to take things in this forum with a grain of salt, at least the more "out-there" kind of things. I mean, right now I can claim I'm God, and I am omni-everythng, created everything, and am eternal. Should anyone believe me? Of course not, and rightly so. I really dont think it would hurt this forum to have a little dose of skepticism, though of course there are limits there as well.
It's time to leave the  fundamentalists and the  relativists in the margins of history.

SpeaK

Everything should be taken with a little dose of skepticism... Another matter is to lock topics which the moderators would consider "propably not true", which I think was the point of Sunn in the first post of the topic.

ChineseRoom

Quote from: SpeaKEverything should be taken with a little dose of skepticism... Another matter is to lock topics which the moderators would consider "propably not true", which I think was the point of Sunn in the first post of the topic.

Let's hope more people here feel the same way. From my brief experience here though, that does not seem to be the case, but there is always hope I suppose.
It's time to leave the  fundamentalists and the  relativists in the margins of history.