News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Do you hear the hum?

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny

Dear folks,

Only a week or so ago, I woke up during the middle of the night noticing a persistent hum at around ~80hz and sounds just like a propellor plane flying above.
Since then it has never really gone away tho changed in volume drastically several times and I have the feeling that it is here to stay. Sometimes it is very obvious in the room, much like a buzzing freezer or a running laundry in the floor below but at other times it can only be perceived if one is absolutely relaxed and no other sounds being present. It's waveform is unusually soft. My mom can hear it too although not as clearly as I do. This hum seems to be all over the place, I barely perceived it ( due to natural noises present) in the forest nearby and in a house located about 20 kilometers away.
As one who suffers from tinitus I can clearly distinguish between an outside invasive frequency and an internal stimulus such is tinitus. The hum in my area is an external frequency hitting the eardrum. The frequency is so low that earplugs do not help.

I've known about the hum before it hit appeared in our area.
This phenomenon is actually observed in various parts of the the world.

One site writes regarding the "Taos Hum"

QuoteThe 'Taos Hum' is a low-pitched sound heard in numerous places worldwide, especially in the USA, UK, and northern europe. It is usually heard only in quiet environments, and is often described as sounding like a distant diesel engine. Since it has proven indetectable by microphones or VLF antennae, its source and nature is still a mystery.

Among the most probable theories is the hum being caused by emitters of radio/microwave frequencies such as HAARP or cell towers and it actually does sound like a steady vibration caused by some form of electrical device except it is not locatable.

If you are plagued by a persistent unexplainable hum it is most important to accept it's presence as to not be bothered by it and like with any invader giving it as little attention as possible to lose it's interest. Develop an impenetratable Zen attitude towards it.
This is especially helpful in the case of a sound being deliberately aimed at you for purposes of psychological experimentation, mind-control or other forms of attack that DO happen.
Persistent sounds of any kind are very dangerous as they can lead to insanity.

kind regards,

Paul
"He never speaks but he understands thinks higher than a manHes living in The northern lights In winter everlasting He travels around Big drum in his hand And he knows what you have in your mind Theres always wolf within That leads him down And back home"

Psilibus

My refrigerator drove me insane many years ago.  :-D

omcasey

Not sure if this is related.
Although I am not hearing an external humm, last week I began seeing what looks alot like snow falling outside.  Usually from out my south facing window.  Very unlike what I normally see.  Just thought I'd mention it.

Alex-Anderson

If you google 'Deep Under Ground Military Bases' (DUMB), and 'hum', there is quite a lot of results returned about how people have reported unknown humming sounds linked to the DUMB construction - the theory being it could be linked to DUMB's and deep tunnel boring machines.

Obviously you would have to subscribe to the notion that DUMB's exist but it's one theory floating the circuit reference to people complaining about humming noises heard in various cities and towns. Irrespective it makes a good read.

NoY

Quote from: Alex-Anderson on May 06, 2010, 04:42:22
If you google 'Deep Under Ground Military Bases' (DUMB), and 'hum', there is quite a lot of results returned about how people have reported unknown humming sounds linked to the DUMB construction - the theory being it could be linked to DUMB's and deep tunnel boring machines.

Obviously you would have to subscribe to the notion that DUMB's exist but it's one theory floating the circuit reference to people complaining about humming noises heard in various cities and towns. Irrespective it makes a good read.

i like that theory  8-)

Knight_Eagle

Hello all!

Dear folks,

Tiny wrote,"As one who suffers from tinitus"

I've experienced a ringing in the ears for the past eleven years or so that is the result of crossing paths with a group that practices psychic attack.  I've managed to learn to live with it and it fades into the background and doesn't cause much grief anymore.  I think many people are experiencing this high pitched noise and call it tinitus.  I think this is a psychic phenomenon affecting millions of people only that most people may not recognize it.

If anyone has experience with this sort of psychic attack I would be interested in knowing about it.
Thanks!

Psilibus

See an otologist.

Seriously. I've listened to metal, been to ultra loud concerts, fired many weapons without adequate protection and done my share of screaming into a mic. My ears don't ring. Everyone is amazed by my hearing. I hear things most don't. Here in Oregon there is apparently no Taos hum. No aliens in the mountains (as for as I know, sheesh).

One of the questions I ask new psych admissions is "So, do you hear or see things that other people can't?". It's an open ended question several people here have answered.

Why is there always a conspiracy? Just askin cuz I'm unaware apparently.

Stillwater

I remember when I was little there was a segment on "Unsolved Mysteries" about such a phenomenon, lol. They interviewed a group of people across the US who called themselves the "hearers". They all began hearing this ultra-low freqency droning sound that followed them their entire lives, and which only a select group of people could pick up. Most of them said the sound tormented them, and it terrified me when I was 10, lol.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

podizzle

is it the same low frequency "wind" sound that occurs when you move your awareness to your head during vibrations? Its around 80hz i'd say and i've heard it during waking consciousness. Altered, but still waking  :roll:

btw im clean as can be these days! weed is a dream killer!

Psilibus

I remember back in the early weed smoking days I could swear I heard crickets wherever I went.

I did Army basic training in Kentucky during autumn and the cicadas were deafening.

There was an original Star Trek episode where they isolated the location of an individual on the Enterprise by listening to everyones heartbeat and then narrowed down the heartbeat sounds until only the single individuals was left. There are so many friggin people on this planet maybe its the sound of six billion + heartbeats.

Regardless, an "impenetrable Zen attitude" will never hurt. Have you tried humming along with it? You might cancel out the frequency that way and have fun at the same time.

vladjackguy

Yes I hear it everynight when it's quiet and I think that is caused by a local cell tower which is very near.
But i don't give it attention.
WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE WILL OVERCOME THE LOVE OF POWER THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~Jimi Hendrix
In the darkest place the littlest light is the brightest.~vladjackguy

radman32

When I become more aware around power lines and cell towers me ears will pop, and I do hear the other buzzes that accompany them; I heard a low and deeply penitrating soft hum the other night when in a state of higher awareness ( after a day of consuming cannabis, and had dreams :P ; I wasn't high during the hum). It was the furthest I had been to going OBE that night too. I had felt my arm bounce far away from it's spot.

Yamabushi

If you can hear the hum, you should also pay attention to the moon.

I don't know why, so don't ask.

Everlasting

Quote from: Yamabushi on May 11, 2010, 12:12:18
If you can hear the hum, you should also pay attention to the moon.

I don't know why, so don't ask.
Yes, it appears the moon drives some people insane.
Priests of hippocratic love talk of peace and Christ, Power is their only goal. Now they all shall die.

kurtykurt42

I have been zeroing in on the moon for a while now and from what I can tell there is a very tall obelisque that is guarded by strange looking goblin/tengu entities that are very fast. My research led me to find that there is a supposed 'soul catcher' device on the dark side of the moon, capable of taking an individuals mind and absorbing it into the large crystal scalar obelisque. The crystal apparently belongs to an advanced race (the Annunaki I believe) and has been misused by several other races to further the agenda of those unfriendly off-world races.

The technology is theoretically capable of absorbing an individuals mind into the large crystal once they 'pass on' and retransmit the mind into a new body on earth (reincarnation). Such a technology would be used to prevent individuals on earth from evolving to a level beyond that of whoever is in control of the device.

personalreality

that sounds reasonable.

have you seen what david icke's latest book is about?

something about the moon matrix.

"His most staggering revelation is that the Earth and the collective human mind is manipulated from the Moon, which, he says, is not a 'heavenly body', but an artificial construct – a gigantic 'spacecraft' (probably a hollowed-out 'planetoid') – which is home to the extraterrestrial group that has been manipulating humanity for aeons.

He describes what he calls the 'Moon Matrix', a fake reality broadcast from the Moon which is decoded by the human body/mind in much the same way as portrayed in the Matrix movie trilogy. The Moon Matrix has 'hacked' into the human 'body-computer' system, he says, and it is feeding us a manipulated sense of self and the world 24/7."
be awesome.

kurtykurt42

I have not read what David Icke has written regarding the moon. Much of my information has been pieced together from remote viewers such as Ingo Swann who have spent many years 'out of body'. In his book Penetration Ingo talks about an entire civilization that lives on the dark side of the moon. He also makes mention of 2 mile tall monument which is the center of their culture.

Yin

Quote from: kurtykurt42 on May 30, 2010, 17:19:13
I have been zeroing in on the moon for a while now and from what I can tell there is a very tall obelisque that is guarded by strange looking goblin/tengu entities that are very fast. My research led me to find that there is a supposed 'soul catcher' device on the dark side of the moon, capable of taking an individuals mind and absorbing it into the large crystal scalar obelisque. The crystal apparently belongs to an advanced race (the Annunaki I believe) and has been misused by several other races to further the agenda of those unfriendly off-world races.

The technology is theoretically capable of absorbing an individuals mind into the large crystal once they 'pass on' and retransmit the mind into a new body on earth (reincarnation). Such a technology would be used to prevent individuals on earth from evolving to a level beyond that of whoever is in control of the device.

Zeroing in on the moon with what?

kurtykurt42

I have been studying and practicing remote viewing on and off for a few years. Technical remote viewing is a trained ability to acquire direct knowledge of things (i.e. moon) and events - targets.

http://mindbasedtechnology.com/RV.html

Yin

oh, don't confuse me with such terminology as zeroing in >.>

Xanth

Robert Monroe and his goon squad, supposedly, spent many years "exploring" the solar system and galaxy.
They found it very boring and very lifeless.

... especially the moon.

~Ryan :)

Yin

Life is but a gem in the ever expanding universe

personalreality

Maybe Monroe was in his head.

be awesome.

Xanth

Quote from: personalreality on May 31, 2010, 10:13:49
Maybe Monroe was in his head.
Well, that's where I believe a few people here are. ;)

~Ryan

kurtykurt42

Don't believe everything you read... Ingo and Bob Monroe where actually very good friends but how many CDs do you think Monroe would have sold if he talked about underground alien bases on the moon?

Quote from: Xanth on May 31, 2010, 09:18:13
Robert Monroe and his goon squad, supposedly, spent many years "exploring" the solar system and galaxy.
They found it very boring and very lifeless.

... especially the moon.

~Ryan :)