News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

How did you get here?

Previous topic - Next topic

BKR1974

Recently I've exploring this forum and I've been wondering about how everyone here found this forum

How I found this forum was a couple months back, me and my friend were in a class together and at the time he got me into chaos magic besides that he started going on about this thing called astral projection since he did such a poor job of explaining it i wasn't really paying attention. he told me to go on to this forum and since the last time he told me to go on to a website of any kind it basically changed my entire look on the universe so i went ahead with it and he we are now.

Anyways i want to know other story's because this isn't a "normal" website and i think there a more interesting story's than mine.

Lucidityman

Hi

About 20 years ago I was introduced to astral society. Loved that place, made many friends and after years it fell apart. Bought a house years ago which took up a lot of my free time, then I got paranoid the government was watching my posts so I stopped. My dad suddenly died on Christmas which made me think if I can use my skills to see him again while out of body. So one thought led to another and I thought I should go back to posting , trying to help solve peoples obe problems. I remembered Novice was here for years and then I saw Xanth so I decided this shell by my new home. Here I am. What is neat is that the internet is huge, but your friends or people are never that far away.

Xanth

I started back when spiritonline.com was around... late 90's I believe it was.  After that place crapped out, I jumped around forums looking for a home... I stopped by Astral Society (which LM mentions above).  I eventually made my way here to the Astral Pulse, but my initial feeling was that there were too many forums and subforums.  I went elsewhere for a time, then eventually came back to the Pulse and now it's my home.  I was made a Moderator several years back, and now, with Adrian's (the owner of the forum) blessings, I'm the Administrator.  Been a blast so far.  :)

Stillwater

I remember another old site too... called "SpiritWeb" or something like that.

It had great information... and then suddenly it got filled with 400 articles on the various types of aliens there were, lol. Not that there aren't 400 kinds... but you know what I mean  :roll:

The late 90's were like the second new age, lol, even cheaper than the first one.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

desert-rat

The "old " site I was a member was the Pavlina forum .   In Aprial of 2010 i got a temp. ban from one forum. For reasions I cant understand now , I was reddy to cash in my chips . Then I said to my self , there are other forums out there . I did a search and found some .  When Steve Pavlina closed his forum I found a few more .  I have a list on S.F. , but its in the links sec. a members only area .
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=57193

soarin12

I started projecting spontaneously and without even knowing what astral projection was.  I was super excited about my new journeys and immediately researched the phenomenon, but didn't feel the desire to join a forum until my experiences took a turn for the negative some months later. (SP hallucinations)  I didn't know what was happening and needed advice and the Pulse was the first forum I stumbled upon.  The good people here helped me through my problem and probably even kept me from quitting out of fear.  I checked out some other forums later on just to see what I was missing, but they were either too inactive, too wrapped up in the neg- evil spirit stuff, or the members were disrespectful of each other.  It just made me value so much more what we have here at the Pulse.

EscapeVelocity

My interest in AP had waned in the '90's and business kept me grounded. Having some free time one day in 2006, I was surfing the web and Googling various subjects when I ran out of ideas. Try astral projection popped into my head...I did and the Pulse was the first search result. The wealth of new information, ideas, theories and varied perspectives was like stumbling into some ancient treasure room. Difficulties and questions that I had encountered with AP that were not explained by the many books I had collected on the subject over the decades were now being cleared up and my experiences began to pick up again, now with much more consistency and a sense of evolution. I lurked and studied for two years and finally registered in 2008. Like soarin, I checked out many of the others but none had the whole package of activity, personality and quality of the Pulse.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Xanth

PlasmaAstralProjection

I was a christian for many years and being dissatisfied with my christian upbringing and doctrine I started searching how to articles that kept on mentioning consciousness. Consciousness this, consciousness that. All those new agers really helped me find the gold in the hay stack. So these articles would have techniques that used things like the law of attraction to help one. So listening to all that consciousness stuff got me interested to know "well who am I". Then I found stuff in other religions like Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, witch craft, psychedelics and the meditation, all being linked to consciousness. Consciousness is the thing that thing really stuck out in all these things. Then I stubbed across astral projection. Now I had heard about NDE's you know out of body experiences when people are clinically dead or near death, but these astral projectors experiences seemed to be even better than the NDE's since these people can be out of body for much much longer periods of time, then one small NDE. Thus I was really really interested to know what these astral projectors had to say about being out of body. And they satisfied my curiosity like nothing else. It all came together. And it seemed to have much more of a science to it than the nebulous far out ideas the bible had about spirituality.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

BranStark

I once projected. I became scared. Then I started researching what AP actually was. All the negativity around scared me even worse. Then I found Pulse where people seemed to be very reasonable. Helped calm me down a bit. I used to be very nervous about this. And that is why I visit pulse and not other forums. This one has a lot of quality and a lot of knowledgeable people. No other forum I have visited can compare. In all honesty.

FuzzyQuills

I have only really been registered for a month, but I have been into AP/OBE experiences since last year. When I found the techniques I found for OBE inducing weren't working for me, I looked around for more, and... a lot of the links I looked at came from here. Then I stumbled upon this thread:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/how_i_got_out_for_the_first_time-t30942.0.html

At that point, I realised that I was indeed doing everything all wrong (or forcing it, impatience was my main problem... :grin:) and wanted to congratulate personalreality on his very helpful information, so I registered here. Since then, I had one seemingly successful OBE one morning, and aim to project again one fine morning this week. :)

And for the record, I'm a Catholic and do this stuff, so I don't think religion matters in any case. ;)
This world's Captain Falcon; A title I will pass down to a chosen one when I leave this dimension.

Rakkso

I started looking to project since i was a kid, eventually magick got me in, as I read any and all books that got into my eyes, I eventually got this weird idea that Mages would manipulate reality in the projection/dream realm to create and manifest things out of nothing just as I had done in mine since I was a kid, I read even more, at 17 I had convinced myself (lol :-D ) they key to magick was there, so I have honestly not idea how I got to the pulse, I just know it was the first page I got, maybe I googled it IDK, I thought people here were wise and kind, and of the most high values and morals, just like fine scientist are, so I started reading Monroe, Campbell, and again any book I could eat, I swallowed MBT without even knowing they real taste of it. I got to reading about all religions, I saw they were all different interpretations for God. Then I found a book in my closet I read when I was 7 by paulo cohelo so I read it again, I undertood what as I kid I thought was written in nonsense, but dreamed of. then I bought more of his books, The warriors of Light is a current one, etc.

At this point I retired myself to look for God, again, eating books without even chewing. I saw monsters, I even exploded a kitchen once, this is funny, I in a deep focused state watching some amazing view in front of my eyes, smiling, when it blowed up, just above my forehead, I inmediatly thanked god right there, then laughed like a maniac. I had to clean off the walls up to a really really high roof. It had all fun though.

Until someday, I was hearing conversations in my head from nonphysical entities, I started talking to one of them after drinking my own urine for three days straight, twice...  :-D (Yes, I thought I was going mad, but I had to be sure lol)

He suddenly bitchslapped me with just one line of thought, I couldnt believe it for all these years hearing entities, and I suddenly knew my spiritual path had found me. I made myself forget it all for fear of demons reading my thoughts. Giving me a chance to found myself. I could not be more thankfull.

Like Fuzz said, I was raised catholic too, but I believe religions do keep some people from comitting suicide, or just harming themselves doing bad stuff. So they are helpfull, in their own twisted way. lol

Dreamshards

I think my interest in OBE's led me to become fascinated in paranormal science and the occult when I was about 12. I became involved with various magickal communities across the internet. My views have changed but it led me into exploring AP more and I probably found this forum long ago through google search. I have left but something keeps drawing me back. The people here are experienced and real. It's a great community of support.

Subtle Traveler

I learned about Astral Pulse from 3 web sites or blogs. The 3 sites include Multidimensional Man (Jurgen Ziewe), Ryan's (xanth) blog, and Karen Doll (AKA karen659).
As above ... So Below ...

Individuality is a human perspective ...

Stillwater

Subtle Traveler

@stillwater

LOL!  :lol: (and in 2015, "same as it ever was")  :roll:
As above ... So Below ...

Individuality is a human perspective ...

Volgerle

Stillwater

Pretty much a perfect concert. I like the attached interview a lot, where David Byrne interviews himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE-mxVxFXLg

----------------

"I don't think you have a very good voice, but you're a singer... how do you do that?"

"The better the singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they are saying"

----------------

I find this to be true of life in general for me. The prettier the package, the more profoundly I doubt what is inside it.

SEAGER

Spirit sciences video about astral projection began everything for me.

Astir

I have been here since 2004. 
It was recommended that I join, by a friend.

These days I cannot experience AP.  That part of my brain has dissolved or something.  Sometimes, I still receive visits from what I believe to be ghosts, and I am increasingly clairvoyant...but the fun is gone.  I really wish I could still project, have OBE's and remote view.  I still come here, usually at least a few times per year, trying to remember how I once was able.