News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Does every Human have a soul?

Previous topic - Next topic

beavis

Obviously many Human bodies are connected to souls. If you've had a psychic experience, like OBE or telekinesis, you can be sure. But what about the others, like those who have never done anything psychic, nobody senses anything about them, and they swear they are nothing but their body. Do they have a soul? Why so or not?

Always question your assumptions.

-lines-

Why every human wouldn't have a soul? Just because they say they are nothing more than their body's means nothing, because they believe it does not make it so.

"Always question your assumptions."
- Skeptical until proven otherwise -

beavis

I didnt mean we should pay much attention to if they say they're nothing but their body.

I ask why or why not. You ask why not. Both questions remain unanswered. If you focus on only one of the 2 questions, it doesnt make the other less valid, until it is answered.

Our opinions on everything should be undecided, until we have reason to think otherwise.

-lines-

So the question you have posed isn't to determine the most logical answer, but to poll people about their opinion correct? That does not lead to answers either, just assumptions.

beavis

No. I want the best answer, if it is derived from logic or whatever way is best. I reacted to
QuoteWhy every human wouldn't have a soul?
because it ignores the other half of my question... why would it have a soul?

Logic, starting from the most simple and obvious truths, like X=X and X+1<X+2 etc, is ALWAYS true. But it has problems deriving many vague things. Other methods can beat it in some areas, but must be less accurate.

-lines-

If we do not know what to look for in the first place, can logic be applied? First of all, define the meaning of soul as you have come to know it.

CaCoDeMoN

There are two proofs:
-dead people can be met in astral projection/OOBE
-people frequently have some kind of past lifes memories, that can be found using hypnotic regression, and then their validity can be checked.
MEAT=MURDER.

beavis

lines, logic can always be applied, but is not much useful when you dont know what to look for.

soul = nonphysical thing attached to many (but not necessarily all or most) human bodies, and probably to some other life-forms and maybe to nonliving things. It can interact with physical things, but is mostly nonphysical. In my own experience, it is whatever nonphysical thing I am that is connected to this body I use.

-lines-

Has the validity of the memories of past lives been proven or has the meaning or messages of the memories been misconstrued to fit the history? Also, is it checked that the information gathered from the regression hasn't been gleened from knowledge gained in their current life?

The same thing goes for AP and OBE's, how well has the existence of meeting the souls of the dead people been proven?

Jenia_San

Unless every living being has a soul,it is possible for a human body to exist without one.
it will just have no cunciousness(SP?).
of course,if every living being has a soul,the certainly every human being has a soul...
the question which rises now is-Does every living being has a soul?
and we are back where we started...
My single,enternal wish...is to be truely free.

beavis

I once met a very psychicly powerful dog, so at least some animals have souls. I feel something from plants, but its confusing. I knew a guy who said he did telepathy with plants. But I also sense paranormal things from crystals and other nonliving things. But by some definitions, crystals are alive. They grow more crystals, just very slowly.

CaCoDeMoN

I once met a very psychicly powerful dog, so at least some animals have souls. I feel something from plants, but its confusing. I knew a guy who said he did telepathy with plants. But I also sense paranormal things from crystals and other nonliving things. But by some definitions, crystals are alive. They grow more crystals, just very slowly.
Only when they have necessary substances - CuSO4 in my garage grows very quickly...
MEAT=MURDER.

beavis

Humans grow only when they have the necessary substances. Speed of growth... dont change the subject!

manuel

yes every one has a soul, with out the spirit, the body would be dead, all things on earth, stones, rocks, plants, every thing has its own spirt, no spirit, no life.

beavis

Quotewith out the spirit, the body would be dead

why?

manuel

the spirit gives it life, ever heard of chakras? and energy centres? with humans, the spirit gives the life to the body on first breath.

beavis

I know what chakras are, and feel mine, but dont see why they would be necessary to live.

manuel

the spirit practically gives it life-force, it animates the body, the chakras and pathways allow life force energy to be transferred, its the spirit that takes control over the body, how can it be animated if there is no driver?

greatoutdoors

Beavis,

Not dogma - electricity!

You made a comment - "soul = nonphysical thing attached" - that, in my opinion , is invalid. If that be so, any conclusions drawn from that premise must themselves be invalid.

Where is evidence the soul is non-physical? Other than dogma, of course!  :lol:

Manuel is right in stating the soul is the life force of the body. However, again in my opinion, that does not translate into a metaphysical "spirit." I think, at this point in my wanderings, that the human mind is capable, physically, of many more things than have been discovered so far. Astral travel, telepathy, all the rest, are not esoteric, metaphysical, "spirit things," but very real physical abiilities we are just beginning to understand. When we die, and that electrical energy dissipates, then it's over, end of story. Our brain's energy doesn't cease to exist; it just  blends with the universal energy, perhaps to one day form another sentient being. Not reincarnation, but more like the fact that we, today, are breathing oxygen that once filled the lungs of no telling how many other creatures. No "metaphysics," just logic.

Any astral experiences in the astral are a reflection of our physical brain working with our equally physical electric energy.  At least, that's were my investigations have taken me so far.

I got this straight from Mr. Spock himself!  :lol:

manuel

well i gotta say greatoutdoors, i totally and utterly...disagree with you on every level on that.

greatoutdoors

Manuel,

No problem, that's what makes a horse race.  :)

But, don't just leave it there -- I stand to be persuaded. In fact, I would like to be persuaded. It would be nice to have "do-overs," given the royal mess I've made of my opportunities! I am a practical person, however, and the fact that I would like to believe in something "more" doesn't justify such belief. I need facts -- profoundly hard to come by!

beavis

greatoutdoors:

telekinesis isnt caused by any of the 4 physical forces

QuoteAstral travel, telepathy, all the rest, are not esoteric, metaphysical, "spirit things," but very real physical abiilities we are just beginning to understand.

only if you define physical to mean: anything that is real and can affect physical things

QuoteWhen we die, and that electrical energy dissipates, then it's over, end of story.

souls are not made of electric energy, but i suspect it can be converted

QuoteAny astral experiences in the astral are a reflection of our physical brain working with our equally physical electric energy. At least, that's were my investigations have taken me so far.

That can not explain how "the card test" and other tests of remote viewing (without the body seeing the target first), can not be reflections of the brain because brain never saw the card. The statistics (if somebody wrote them down, i dont know who) would say people who call themselves psychic usually get a few percent higher trying to "guess" whats on the card.

greatoutdoors

Beavis,

Thanks for your reply! :D Like I say, I'm not overjoyed at my conclusions so far, I just don't see another explanation.

As to telekenesis, are you sure? How about manipulation of gravity?

Yes, that would pretty much be my definition of "physical." I grant you that String Theory, if proven true, can put a few kinks in the common view of the physical. But even then, if we were able to start hopping between dimensions, it would still be a physical ability. And it would still end when our brain ceased to function.

I don't know if I agree with you about the soul. Our body functions because of the electrical energy generated by our brain and passed through our nervous system. If that energy can no longer flow, then you are paralized (or blind, or whatever). When the electrical energy of the brain ceases, then we are dead. Or, put another way, "the soul leaves the body." I do agree about our electrical energy being converted to the type of energy that we all "swim" in -- maybe molecular attraction?

Your last point is exactly what I'm getting at. Yes, telepathic ability -- or reading the card while in the astral -- is purely the result of our brain's ability. Did you know that if you stick a florescent lightbulb in the ground underneath a heavy-duty power line, the bulb will light up? No wires, just "free" or "leaking" electricity. I certainly believe we have the power to manipulate the energy around us -- spells, ritual, these can work. But it's not some grand, outside, supremacy allowing these things to work. It's our own natural laws and our ability to apply them. I think we will be capable of some really wonderful things one day, if we don't kill ourselves off first!  :( But, like I've said before, all of this theory is just that, my theories so far. They are subject to change.  :?

Logic

This is a very interesting subject which had never really entered my thoughts.

Though I would not want to believe it is possible for some people to be souless, it is a possibility I suppose. But more importantly, I think that what concepts we have of "soul(s)" should be defined before sorting out opinion and reason, to clarify.
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.