News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

DONT LOOK IN THE MIRROR WHILE YOU AP, SAYS ROBERT BRUCE...

Previous topic - Next topic

izalco

i saw that someone looked in the mirror while aping, and I then read this, as a when you die, its like staying in the real time zone. Robert Bruce says when someone dies cover the mirrors, and aslo this would apply to AP

my question is, has anyone looked in the mirror while APing?

http://www.meta-religion.com/Paranormale/OBE/treatise_on_obe_vi.htm

Mirrors

Mirrors, historically, are magical devices used as doorways to other worlds. There are also numerous superstitions and old wives tales concerning their effect on the recently departed. After a person had died, all mirrors in their home were covered. This was so they could not see their lack of a reflection and be shocked. Another reason for this was to prevent them from being accidentally trapped in a mirror.

There is some logic to this if you look at the mechanics of projection. Death, in the early stages, is very much like a powerful real time projection. The biggest difference being the lack of a living body to return to.

Spirits are normally held close to the physical dimension, in real time, for a week or so after death. This is until the supply of etheric matter that binds the spirit to its physical body runs out.

During this time it is normal for the spirit to wander among relatives and loved ones, saying goodbye and coming to terms with their new state of existence. This goodbye process, eases the psychological trauma of death, and helps prepare the spirit for the next stage of existence.

What can happen with mirrors, is this: A new spirit can inadvertently enter a mirror. If this happens, they enter a mirror world in the same way a projector enters a picture through VRP. Once in a mirror world they usually do not know where they are, or how to get out of it, and can be stuck there for the duration of their real time stay. This will not interfere with the journey of the soul. It will just cause confusion for a few days until it enters the next stage of existence. This can though, make their last days near the physical world very confusing and interfere in the natural goodbye process.

This, I believe, is where the old superstitions came from. Therefore, in the light of my understanding of projection and the death process, I think the covering of mirrors after a death is a VERY good idea, for the benefit of the deceased. This is best done for two weeks, to be sure.

Dagalvyi

I haven't heard that "Old Wives Tale" In a long time. Yes, that is exactly what it is. As far as having an OBE experience involving a mirror, I have never suffered any harm. There is a catch though while looking into a mirror in OBE. First the mirror is mind created, so everything that you see in it is also mind created. With that in mind, you will see yourself as how you perceive yourself to be. The image, mine anyway, constantly changes. It is whatever I think I look Like that I will see. You should really try it. You may learn something from that experience.    Happy Astraling!
Reality is defined as one's own perception of life.

RenaissanceMan

I tried looking in the mirror while APing once.  At first I saw nothing, just the background behind me.  Then a weird puppet version of me appeared, a caricature made up of animated clay, with painted features.  I found, that by projecting a different thought, the puppet changed shape to match the thought.  It stayed looking like a clay puppet however.