News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Drinking/ nightlife habits

Previous topic - Next topic

PeacefulWarrior

THe following is the health code called the Word of Wisdom which I follow.  I find that when people follow health codes-- eat healthy, eat well balanced foods, etc-- they "discover hidden treasures of knowledge".

Excuse the letters before some the words, on the original site (www.lds.org) they are links to other information.  
SECTION 89
Revelation given through Joseph Smith the Prophet, at Kirtland, Ohio, February 27, 1833. HC 1: 327—329. As a consequence of the early brethren using tobacco in their meetings, the Prophet was led to ponder upon the matter; consequently he inquired of the Lord concerning it. This revelation, known as the Word of Wisdom, was the result. The first three verses were originally written as an inspired introduction and description by the Prophet.

1—9, Use of wine, strong drinks, tobacco, and hot drinks proscribed; 10—17, Herbs, fruits, flesh, and grain are ordained for the use of man and of animals; 18—21, Obedience to gospel law, including the Word of Wisdom, brings temporal and spiritual blessings.

1 A aWORD OF WISDOM, for the benefit of the council of high priests, assembled in Kirtland, and the church, and also the saints in Zion—

2 To be sent greeting; not by commandment or constraint, but by revelation and the aword• of wisdom, showing forth the order and bwill• of God in the temporal salvation of all saints in the last days—

3 Given for a principle with apromise•, adapted to the capacity of the bweak• and the weakest of all csaints, who are or can be called saints.

4 Behold, verily, thus saith the Lord unto you: In consequence of aevils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of bconspiring men in the last days, I have cwarned you, and forewarn you, by giving unto you this word of wisdom by revelation—

5 That inasmuch as any man adrinketh bwine• or strong drink among you, behold it is not good, neither meet in the sight of your Father, only in assembling yourselves together to offer up your sacraments before him.

6 And, behold, this should be wine, yea, apure• wine of the grape of the vine, of your own make.

7 And, again, astrong• drinks are not for the belly, but for the washing of your bodies.

8 And again, tobacco is not for the abody, neither for the belly, and is not good for man, but is an herb for bruises and all sick cattle, to be used with judgment and skill.

9 And again, hot drinks are not for the body or belly.

10 And again, verily I say unto you, all wholesome aherbs• God hath ordained for the constitution, nature, and use of man—

11 Every herb in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; all these to be used with aprudence and bthanksgiving•.

12 Yea, aflesh• also of bbeasts• and of the fowls of the air, I, the Lord, have ordained for the use of man with thanksgiving; nevertheless they are to be used csparingly;

13 And it is pleasing unto me that they should not be aused•, only in times of winter, or of cold, or bfamine.

14 All agrain• is ordained for the use of man and of beasts, to be the staff of life, not only for man but for the beasts of the field, and the fowls of heaven, and all wild animals that run or creep on the earth;

15 And athese• hath God made for the use of man only in times of famine and excess of hunger.

16 All grain is good for the afood of man; as also the bfruit• of the vine; that which yieldeth fruit, whether in the ground or above the ground—

17 Nevertheless, wheat for man, and corn for the ox, and oats for the horse, and rye for the fowls and for swine, and for all beasts of the field, and barley for all useful animals, and for mild drinks, as also other grain.

18 And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, ashall• receive bhealth• in their navel and marrow to their bones;

19 And shall afind• bwisdom and great ctreasures of dknowledge•, even hidden treasures;

20 And shall arun• and not be bweary•, and shall walk and not faint.

21 And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise, that the adestroying angel shall bpass• by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them. Amen.

fides quaerens intellectum
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------

Rob

In my usual week I will go:

Clubbing once (regular thursday alternative music), maybe twice (house/trance). Get very drunk.
Pub 1-4 times, perhaps for the odd pint after lectures (I find one beer can really lighten me up, makes me feel better without being anywhere near drunk) up for a full night and get absolutely ratted.
Last term was getting drunk averaging 2 nights a week. That effectively takes 2 days out (evening+next morning/afternon) for anything mystic/spiritual development. It also seems to lower your vibrations in the long run, making me go out more......
So I guess being a student does have its good points http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_tongue.gif" border=0>

(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Qui-Gon Jinn

Felix,

I to preffer staying home reading etc. on friday/saturday nights, alternatively being at a friends place watching viedos or whatever. (plus it saves some million braincells that might come handy every time;)
   Go clubbing doesn´t give me anything to be honest, I guess I don´t like superficiality (which is to be found everywhere out in pubs/clubs) in general - nor hanging around with temporarily "retarded" (drunk) and aggressive people I couldn´t have a conversation with...  
 .. but I see how it serves many people, blowing off steem/pressure and aggressions that´s been building up during the week, just not for me...  
I guess I am one of those people who really enjoys their own company, I don´t have to be surrounded by people ALL the time - and so weekends I often spend in peace & quiet, recharging the batteries instead of blowing them......

As for alcohol, I haven´t touched a drop this year to be honest, so I am thinking of quitting it for good...  I have had a few bad experiences with alcohol back in my younger years, and comes to think about it, I´ve never gained anything from "using" it - tobacco (snus, whats that called in english?, anyway, it is one of the "mildest" tobacco to take but still very addictive) though I have been using pretty regularly uptil this new years eve, then I decided to quit that, but I have had a few very short relapses this year with it..   tobacco is a hard f***er to get out of the system entirely!!   Smoking - not a chance in life.....

Be well //Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -

distant bell

Richard- Sad thing you left Malmoe! We seem to be pretty much alike- would have been fun to have someone to maountain bike with in the weekends insted of getting drunk with... hey- I just rememberd I don´t have any mountain bike---- ARRGGHHHH!!  In my mind I kind of have one- It would have been so.. just me!  Caramba! money is a evil spirit slithering out of my hands!

Yeah, and I really don´t have any friends her who understand my spiritual ideas.. they just like-" what??? waht are you talking about??" no understanding or interest for any of the fun things in life...

-- Love is the Law - Love under Will --

Qui-Gon Jinn

Yea its a bummer, after all it only takes 10 minutes with train from Lund to Malmoe...  you cant even get to Kalmar with train..  I didn´t get the apartment I talked about, so perhaps I end up on Öland, taking the bus over the bridge every day, cause there are very few apartments available in Kalmar!!
 We really seems to have many things in common so it´d be cool take a biking expidition or something like that...  but now its gonna be hard..  but if you apply for college/university in Kalmar, give me a holler okidoki??  Or if you are just in the neighbourhood some day in the future...

I dont have any friends like that you described either around me, but I have a few on the net so...  I guess that is around me in a way..  

Take care //Qui-Gon

distant bell

I had hoped for some more response - this is something that really interests me!  Pleas keep it coming people!

-AUM-

WalkerInTheWoods

I am likewise one that prefers the quite and comfort of home or a friends house on Friday and Saturday. I like to relax on the weekends and read a book or be outside with nature. I am not one for clubbing. Really I do not like large crowds. Too many people makes me feel irritable.

As for alcohol I do drink it some times. I might have a little on the weekends but I never get drunk. I do not see any fun or enjoyment in getting drunk. I drink just to relax.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Tom

When I started drinking, it didn't take much for my lips and tongue to start tingling and then go numb. This would be followed by the rest of my face. Breathing would slow down and require more effort. Speaking clearly would become difficult and depth perception became more difficult. Often headaches and nausea would quickly follow after the alcohol was rapidly metabolized to the point of restoring sobriety. Caffeine with ephedrine pills, which I get under the name "yellow jackets" when combined with aspirin would help control the hangover but the combination of dehydration and stimulants made sleep less effective than usual. The funny thing is that I still actually enjoy hard alcohol. I do my drinking at home usually because it is cheaper to buy a bottle than to pay for individual drinks at a bar.

Bhikku

I dont' like to drink, but due to my age, friends, and location all there is to do here is "Party", so it makes it kinda tough. I go out and drink on the weekends, not usually during the week though. Maybe a glass of Merlot or 2 to relax me after work. I'm actually trying to get an apartment by myself so I can focus more on my spiritual work, time alone is what I need to break all of my bad habits, not peer influence. It's sad to have to say my friends aren't really good for me, but it's true.

"Look within, thou art the Budda"

distant bell

Bhikku-
I know what you mean!  I had a quite long period when I tried to fit in and do al those things that people in there  teens and young 20ties are suposed to do.. going out partying, drinking...
I never feelt that this was reallyt me though- but I still did it to fit in, and to pleas my friends. Then a few years ago I realised that,- Hey, thats not me!
And then I just started to live the way I really wanted, not caring about what my friends would say... I guess it´s the only way in the end.
And now I have made many new friends at the university that are more like me, who have more of an interest in the deeper stuf of life, and less in partying.

Be blessed!

Rob

Tom - I never thought I would hear anyone else say that! When I first started drinking my lips, mouth, tongue and sometimes jaw would go numb too! But this slowly faded as I got used to drinking and I haven't got it for a few years now. Any idea what causes it? Your versions seems a bit more extreme than mine, dunno what I would have done if I hadn't been able to get drunk, probably spent all my time stoned (errr....more).
Adios!

You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

andy

I personaly never cared for nor went to the club scene in my earlyer youth.However 3 years back I moved up to a part of the world where all there is to do is party and work.[North west teritorries,canada]
When its -44 and your only getting a total of 3 hours of dim daylight in winter vissa-versa in summer sooner or later you and everyone else ends up in the pub.It really was a nice place though and I remember the partying always began on friday after noon after work and ended sunday morning or evening.I was fortunate enough to meet the love of my life up there and half way through my stint  she got me to "cool my boots" a bit.
She still keeps me in line as I truly do have a genuine affection for REALLY good Burbons,Scotchs and Ales.[Bookers,Lagavulin,Don du duie] But all is enjoyed with moderation these days leaving it to only every other weekend for the most part[its the rule].btw,I can get quite liquered up when the light is green.
[nothing beats a good burbon and book by the fire on a cold,snowy winters day in a country side cabin!]

I dont feel that this habit or as I call it "occasional reckless behavior" is benificial spiritualy and by all means i often kick myself in the butt for setting myself back a day but as my mother pointed out life is for learning and to put to much focus on any one subject is not good as we are here to experience many things.
Moderation is the key!  

Peace,Andy

Adept_of_Light

Greetings DistantBell and others,

My nightlife is one of mostly staying at home, reading spiritual books, practicing my violin, playing chess online, and going out with friends once in a while, usually to catch the latest flick or to chat over coffee.  The clubbing days for me were very few, while I love to dance, I didn't like the meat market environment that most clubs have and also I don't drink at all, so it made it a bit awkward to hang out there with friends who didn't dance and only drank :P

Tonight was different however; it was a very special night in my life, a very spiritual and joyus one indeed.  I took my Enigma music CD (not to be confused with Inguma ;), put on some warm clothes, and walked down to the beach and lay down for a while looking at the stars and the moon.

Then I got up and walked further down the beach and I climbed to the edge of some rocks (about the size of a half dozen buses) where they met the ocean water. From there I sat down surrounded by nature and the waves crashing upon the rocks.

Looking outward, the moonlight reflected such beauty upon the waves and the music was so releasing that I actually laughed and shed tears of joy and thanked God for this moment in my life.

Looking back, it is very satisfying to know that I can appreciate and feel that much love and feel that much happiness for the simplest things in life.

Best wishes to everyone!

"Rejoice and be glad, for within you is the light of the world !" - Mouni Sadhu

-
Adept of Light

"He who pursues the goal of evenmindedness, is neither jubilant with gain, nor depressed by loss" - Paramahansa Yogananda
"First do what is necessary, then do what is possible, and soon you will be doing the impossible" St. Francis of Assis

distant bell

Adept- I know that feelong too! It´s beautuful to be out in the eavning with the portable cd- and Enigma is not a bad choise of cd!

Felix

Qui-Gon Jinn

Quote; "Tonight was different however; it was a very special night in my life, a very spiritual and joyus one indeed. I took my Enigma music CD (not to be confused with Inguma ;), put on some warm clothes, and walked down to the beach and lay down for a while looking at the stars and the moon.

Then I got up and walked further down the beach and I climbed to the edge of some rocks (about the size of a half dozen buses) where they met the ocean water. From there I sat down surrounded by nature and the waves crashing upon the rocks.

Looking outward, the moonlight reflected such beauty upon the waves and the music was so releasing that I actually laughed and shed tears of joy and thanked God for this moment in my life.

Looking back, it is very satisfying to know that I can appreciate and feel that much love and feel that much happiness for the simplest things in life."

>Adept of Light, I can totally relate to all of what you just shared, I´ve experienced the same quite some times and it as wonderful every time, could never get tired of that (I Don´t think people who sais, "who wants to live forever, can you imagine how boring that would be?", have experienced anything just like it)  One feel filled of joy and it really is a spiritual experience, no doubt there.
 On several occassions I´ve been having Enigma (often "Shadows In Silence", the instrumental track...) in my ears as well while sitting/lying under a clear black sky gazing at the stars, or sitting by the ocean surrounded by nature and the waves breaking a few metres from me....  

Do you feel you are recharging your batteries doing this, I do, I can live for days on just that energy alone...  I guess this is what it feels like "being one with nature", or perhaps I should even say the cosmos?

Nice to hear others vaules these sorts of things as much as I do...

Take care //Qui-Gon

distant bell

Hi guaopos y guapas!

I have to write again..

(Qiu- Richard I´l send you a Post Mortum... or is the PM perhaps private message??? )

I really love nature- there is no other thing that can balance and bring one back into harmony as nature. Strange thing is that I usually only feel this really blissfull you/ euforia when alone with my dog and portable cd in the clear night- it´s not the same to go around talknig to someone...

But I have feelt that feeling of utter beauty many times when out in nature.

-The stars are marching sadly..-

distant bell

quote:
Originally posted by Inguma:
Tom - I never thought I would hear anyone else say that! When I first started drinking my lips, mouth, tongue and sometimes jaw would go numb too! But this slowly faded as I got used to drinking and I haven't got it for a few years now. Any idea what causes it? Your versions seems a bit more extreme than mine, dunno what I would have done if I hadn't been able to get drunk, probably spent all my time stoned (errr....more).
Adios!

Hey Inguma!  
Your talk is slowly getting to me.. I used to drink pretty much once.. not wery much every a time, but a few beers every eavning ( hey, the beer her is wery not-so-strong 2,8% alcohole) to unwinde- and I have to confesse I miss it sometimes.. but it´s just not working to drink like that in the evnings when one is bodybilding and jogging.. but then again why the heck spend time on bodybilding? ?  still I do it, and it feels good.

The other problem is that it makes meditation a bit wierd.. you know, take some beers and the sit down to meditate- if you havn´t tried - do it!!!
But it´s no good in the loong run..

Anyway, all your talk about drinking and getting stoned is getting to me- I really start to miss it. (not that I ever used to get stoned..)
I never really got drunk either- just..hm... abit, to relax.

I am actually enjoying some FAXE beer right now.. ( you should know it Richard- its scandinavian.. or rather, danish..)

I get hig on my music in a way, I listen to pretty odd stuf like ambient, ethnic ambient, dark ambient and some wery beautifull "ethereal" stuff like Black tape for a blue girl..

I am a wery emotional person, I really need that kind of emotional, a bit dark music to survive, just like beeing out in nature- it´s wery romantic. In a 1800 centery kind of way.. seeing the moon and thinking about death !?
well, I guess you folks get my point...

"and why did you say that things shall fall, and fall, and fall,and fall, and fall apart.." - Death in june

Rob

Hi Felix!

You know, I am not entirely sure how to reply to your last post! But here goes...forgive me when I go off at tangent and ramble on but the whole "drugs" thing is something I have done a lot of thinking on and am quite passionate about!

Firstly, from the larger perspective everyone has their own conceptions on drugs (including alcohol in this category) but unfortunately many people base their views within one of the polarities - drugs are bad, evil, and to be avoided or drugs are great, should be made legal. The two ends set themselves completely at opposites, each seeing the other either as misguided, illogical and wasting their lives, or repressive, with no personal knowledge and horribly closed minded (on, say, a family scale this leads to the parents not even knowing their kids are doing drugs, so there is not even the possibility for improvement, quite the opposite). This is in no way helped by media perceptions, which are created by the big corporations and government. All of this leads to a block between the sides, hence little potential for change (oops hit another conspiracy! – note, illegality only serves to push up prices, lower the safety factor and in most cases increase drug use).
- When I say most people are like this, I am not aiming at forum folks, people here being much more open minded. But I hope you find it interesting.

So I try and see the bigger picture, but still all I can tell you my is perspective, which I try and make as close to the truth as I am capable of.

In the long term and in excess drugs are never a good thing. This is obvious but to what extent I cannot be sure. I have known a lot of pot heads and heavy drinkers. Each is as psychologically addictive as the other, but the numbers of people who get addicted is dependent upon the actual conscious reaction to a drug. Pot allows you to sit there and chill and do nothing, hence is easier to do in the long run. Drinking usually has to be within the whole "going out" mind state, with others, and entails a nasty hangover therefore cannot be done so much. For this reason I have seen larger numbers of dope heads than alcoholics, and some very nasty effects. It certainly isn't particularly compatible with spiritual advancement, but with jogging and all that? Smoking I guess isn't, but going out and getting drunk occasionally...can't hurt that much can it? I don't know about that, not being very enthusiastic towards exercise!
-   Again, most of this is long term stuff and probably not applicable, but it is so incredibly easy to slip into addictions. But unless you experience that I doubt you will appreciate it as fully.
-   The whole "addiction and dangerous" thing is about the only factual argument for the "ban drugs" people. And it completely forgets why people do it and is ultimately illogical (cos if it doesn't even cut use...)

....so then the short term...

On the plus side, drugs are immensely fun and can be even be useful! Not a lot else to say here, except that people with closed minds have often not even tried the drug, which misses a complete whole side of the story. So people who have tried them seriously are generally much more open minded, at least in some way balanced with their arguments (why, then, have none of the "drugs tzars" got any idea what they are babbling about??!?!)
Some might say this is sad, but I cannot think of one personal friendship which has not been made and/or cemented while not drugged in some way. This could just be my generation, but I have seen it so many times in myself and others. Having a really good time with people is probably the main factor, alcohol releases inhibitions....which may be a product of growing up, but I think they are an inherent product of the society we live in (humanity as a whole? Don't think is should be). Therefore it could be said that as society and the institutions of the day have "grown" so has drug use.
BUT in the short term I have no doubt that most drugs are very safe. For instance, I saw an newspaper article once raving about "death drug" ecstasy claiming 27 lives in the UK last year, and yet the headline was "2 million E's taken each week in Britain". I thought it was very ironic (....makes it extremely safe!) , but also incredibly blatant by the writer.

One interesting idea from a more mystic perspective is that when you immerse yourself in the physical, drugs socialising etc you by default open yourself up to the swings of the physical - in that you don't get something for nothing, its all up down up down etc. You get drunk you have a hangover(yuk!).

Eventually, I dunno, your choice man!!!!!!

quote:
I am a wery emotional person, I really need that kind of emotional, a bit dark music to survive, just like beeing out in nature- it´s wery romantic. In a 1800 centery kind of way.. seeing the moon and thinking about death !?
well, I guess you folks get my point...

Your sound like a goth! I love goths btw. You'll be writing really bad poetry about how black your heart is soon!
but yeah I know what you mean about music, does gooood things to my head.

To be honest with meditation, not so sure. After like, one or two beers I will also feel a bit lighter and nicer. More than that I start going out proper and that kinda makes it difficult! btw 1 glass of red wine a day is supposed to be healthy. I expect it works with other types of alcohol though!

Rob

Ps sorry for the time to reply, been busy and was going to try ketamine sunday, but didn't in manage to get any in the end. Maybe next week, I am very interested as to its effects, sounds....trippy.

distant bell

Hi mate!

I have to say that I really agree with your wievs on drugs. It is dangerous to go to one polarity and say that it is either al bad or al good, for after al It´s al a matter of how the stuff is used..

Well, for my personal case I guess drugs just don´t work..
I was quite inspired by you and drank some beers some days
ago, and then next day in the gym- I was like half dead- had to brake
of my workout- and that was not so good.
But this is ofcourse because I have choosen to go after a life of sports, exercise and meditation. If I wouldn´t have done that I guess It would have been different.

I have actually given pot a try three different times, and after three bad paranoid horror trips, sadly I had to give it up- It´s good for some but not for me. I guess most drugs are like that.

So the other night I tried to drink again( I had a resting day next day- so it wouldn´t collide with the gym..) and next morning I woke upp with a thik cold..
Coincidense? Or perhaps the bodys way of telling me to stay of alcohol ?
I dunno.. And here I sitt, my throat aching as hell...

Hey, I´m not really a goth- but I do have soem goth aspects in me- but do not expect me to run around in a black leather jacket with wild black hair...
I dress like a real snobb actually...  But someyears back I guess I was soemthing like a goth.. well, well, we ale have  a past!
But music sur is one powerfull thing!

Bless ya!

Felix

Anonymous

About once a week or less I like to go to a bar and watch football and have a 30 oz. beer which is accompanied by all-you-can-eat chicken wings. I don't like getting more than a good buzz. I don't actually like getting drunk. I've tried on those drunk goggles the police use, but I must say I've NEVER seen anything like that being drunk. Maybe that's because I've only been drunk a couple times in my life. Everything was displaced and blurry with the goggles on. It was strange and almost made me sick! Anyway, I've tried marajuana but I don't think it's something I want to continue. I am glad I know what it's like to be "high" because I can relate to others who have smoked and understand what they're talking about, but I think it makes people stupid in the long run. It must kill a lot of brain cells. I would sometimes get very spaced-out from it, and I'm already a space-shot as it is. For awhile I was considering doing it only once a year as a ritual in the beginning of summer but I don't think I'll touch marajuana again. I want to experience reality. I think someday I will also give up alcohol. I think it's important to do things like clubbing or drinking at least once just to understand what people are talking about so you can relate to them. I think it helps you identify with others and yourself. It's true that many clubs are full of superficiality, but sometimes one can meet decent individuals in such places. It's not the kind of place to go to meet people, it's more of a place to go to set aside your stresses for awhile and have some fun and loosen up.

"Everything you see or hear or experience in any way at all is specific to you. You create a universe by perceiving it, so everything in the universe you perceive is specific to you."

-Douglass Adams

"Shaolin men and women NEVER give up!"

Anonymous

I've decided my original state of mind is good enough for me. I already knew I didn't need to drink or take drugs to have fun, but I've just decided to leave them out of my life. I like who I am when I am sober, and I feel that it is not right for me to drink. Drinking impairs judgement and judgement is one thing about me I don't want impaired. I sense  lower siprituality when I drink. It's ok to try it, I believe, because then one can know what effects it has on their mind and body and make a decision for themselves, but I think I'm going to quit drinking for good. Not cold turkey, but not slowly either.

"Everything you see or hear or experience in any way at all is specific to you. You create a universe by perceiving it, so everything in the universe you perceive is specific to you."

-Douglass Adams

"Shaolin men and women NEVER give up!"

jason

I generally don't drink at all.mainly because it greatly impairs your judgement, makes you feel like crap the next day, and you look in your wallet and all your money's gone.I am also not supposed to drink because I'm on anti depressants/anti anxiolytics.I also find that people who hang out in bars a lot have a negative vibe about them.Alcoholism runs in my family, so I try to avoid it.I don't smoke either or do drugs, as I know they just make you less healthy and clear.I find it much more satisfying to spend my time playing my guitar,in meditation,reading, or exploring the country and hills around town.I guess I'm not exactly a wild party animal, eh?

The musical conciousness is mind beneath the sun.

PeacefulWarrior

The following is the health code I live by...I refrain from alcoholic beverages as well as coffee and tea.  

1—9, Use of wine, strong drinks, tobacco, and hot drinks proscribed; 10—17, Herbs, fruits, flesh, and grain are ordained for the use of man and of animals; 18—21, Obedience to gospel law, including the Word of Wisdom, brings temporal and spiritual blessings.

1 A aWORD OF WISDOM, for the benefit of the council of high priests, assembled in Kirtland, and the church, and also the saints in Zion—

2 To be sent greeting; not by commandment or constraint, but by revelation and the word• of wisdom, showing forth the order and will• of God in the temporal salvation of all saints in the last days—

3 Given for a principle with promise•, adapted to the capacity of the weak•and the weakest of all csaints, who are or can be called saints.

4 Behold, verily, thus saith the Lord unto you: In consequence of aevils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of bconspiring men in the last days, I have cwarned you, and forewarn you, by giving unto you this word of wisdom by revelation—

5 That inasmuch as any man adrinketh wine• or strong drink among you, behold it is not good, neither meet in the sight of your Father, only in assembling yourselves together to offer up your sacraments before him.

6 And, behold, this should be wine, yea, pure• wine of the grape of the vine, of your own make.

7 And, again, strong• drinks are not for the belly, but for the washing of your bodies.

8 And again, tobacco is not for the abody, neither for the belly, and is not good for man, but is an herb for bruises and all sick cattle, to be used with judgment and skill.

9 And again, hot drinks are not for the body or belly.

10 And again, verily I say unto you, all wholesome herbs• God hath ordained for the constitution, nature, and use of man—

11 Every herb in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; all these to be used with prudence and thanksgiving•.

12 Yea, flesh• also of beasts• and of the fowls of the air, I, the Lord, have ordained for the use of man with thanksgiving; nevertheless they are to be used csparingly;

13 And it is pleasing unto me that they should not be used•, only in times of winter, or of cold, or bfamine.

14 All grain• is ordained for the use of man and of beasts, to be the staff of life, not only for man but for the beasts of the field, and the fowls of heaven, and all wild animals that run or creep on the earth;

15 And these• hath God made for the use of man only in times of famine and excess of hunger.

16 All grain is good for the afood of man; as also the fruit• of the vine; that which yieldeth fruit, whether in the ground or above the ground—

17 Nevertheless, wheat for man, and corn for the ox, and oats for the horse, and rye for the fowls and for swine, and for all beasts of the field, and barley for all useful animals, and for mild drinks, as also other grain.

18 And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall• receive health• in their navel and marrow to their bones;

19 And shall find• bwisdom and great ctreasures of knowledge•, even hidden treasures;

20 And shall run• and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint.

21 And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass• by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them. Amen.

We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------

distant bell

Hi ! I have been thinking about what kind of drinking /nightlife habits might be common amongst people who are into spiritual development.
I have always been a bit of an asket, and really prefere to sit at home reading or meditating on a frday night, rather  then going to pubs or night clubs.And alcohol is something that I generally try to avoid to, just as I would never smoke- it would feel un pure in some way.

well would be fun to hear about your habits!

Be blessed

-Flow like water-
-Aum-