News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Drugs and Mind Altering Substances

Previous topic - Next topic

DenizB1992

Many people say that they feel more physically and mentally tuned when under the substance of a drug. I have several friends say that when they smoke marijuana that they feel as if they can see "clearly", as in figure out the underlying message in things. I also had a friend that had done shrooms and LSD, and said that he noticed things that he would have never figured out before. Is there some truth to this? I am not interested in taking any substances, and I myself have smoked marijuana and felt at ease and felt as if I was in control of my dreams when I sleep. Would doing marijuana, shrooms, etc... have adverse effects on the spiritual mind, or negative affects towards being spiritually aware?

Szaxx

There's many posts on this subject. Think about the law and driving under the influence. It a no brainer.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Ellis91

Taking a short roller-coaster ride into the NPR won't make you more spiritually aware, in the long term or at all.
Some people may argue such substances have their uses, for example Alex Grey, who's LSD trip showed him a
different path in life, that wasn't the suicide he was on the brink of committing, hes now a painter  :-P
http://frenemyclothing.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/tumblr_mcdmog8zdK1rj6yhgo1_1280.png

If you're serious about making progress in this life though, just avoid the substances, they'll hinder you're progress and slow you down.

"All cravings are the mind seeking salvation or fulfillment in external things and in the future as a substitute for the joy of Being."
"Anybody who has ever taken drugs to get "high" will know that the high eventually turns into a low, that the pleasure turns into some form of pain."

Eckhart Tolle
The Astral Pulse Astral Police Cop Department. (APAPCD)
Keeping you safe from old hags with pillows since 2011

Zagadka

Hello there,

I think I may be helpful in this area. My journey into new realms of dimensions started with the use of mind altering substances. First, people who never dwelled in this kind of experience won't be able to give you a proper answer because of their prejudices and strong emotional and social conditioning. If you read Monroe book and paid attention, he pointed out that he did think that hallucinogens may be useful in getting into astral projection. He mentions he had a few experiences. I remember reading that Stephen Laberge, who published studies on lucid dreaming, also used low doses hallucinogens, which made it easier to get into the state. And it is indeed true! This is fact, psychedelics drugs increase consciousness in various degrees. There is a scale used by psychonauts (travelers of the psyché) and developed by Alexander Shulgin (a famous chemist who developed over 200+ mind altering substances, see his books PIHKAL and TIHKAL). It goes from + to ++++, a +4 being a profound transcendant experience.

Those experiences have long lasting aftereffects! I have yet to see it ending! When I was 18, I was an atheist, I thought ghost stories were funny and was very rational considering the north american education I received. Then one day, a plant spirit thought me about God. I laughed so hard because it was so obvious everything that existed, including myself, was God! It was one of the few +4 I experienced. Mind you, whatever people says about psychedelics, it is no easy path! There is no easy way. You may experience something really cool, have strong visuals, but in my experience, a "crack open the head" trip was very rare. It is also no easy path because it can mess with you in all possible ways! The bliss can be addictive and delusional. I compare it to flying during a projection, yes it's feel awesome, but does it get you any further?

Each will follow his own path. There is not such a thing as a better way and a less good one. Everyone is different and every story and events are pefectly acceptable. Mine lead me into heavens and hell. I tried every possible drugs, not just hallucinogens. I lost everything: my friends, my home, my jobs, I quit school, I was so sick I wanted to die... now I see clearly that it was merely an experience, an extreme one, but it has shaped me into someone I am so in love with today! I am so grateful it happened. Psychedelics also played a major role in opening me to the experience of lucid dreaming. I am also 100% positive that it eventually lead to natural OOBEs. It started once I was done with withdrawals. I then began a new journey!

I won't discourage you from trying. In the end it is your choice. I am warning you to be very careful. Harm reduction is the only way to go when it comes to hallucinogens and drugs. Whatever you say, people are going to take them, especially if you tell them it's wrong, especially if you tell them it's wrong! I know people who uses hallucinogens once in a while. In South America, ayahuasqueros use the potent DMT brew called Ayahuasca, a plant spirit knew as the "Plantas Maestras" who allows communication in-between humans and plants spirits. It is used for vision and healing. In Peru, there is even a drugs rehabilitation, the Takiwasi center which use Ayahuasca to heal drugs addicts! This personal experience is a very good example: http://csp.org/nicholas/A32.html I also recommend Stephan V. Beyer excellent book on Upper Amazon Shamanism: Singing to the plants, also see his blog here http://www.singingtotheplants.com/ Ayahuasca has proved to be useful to heal severe conditions such as PSTD in war veterans. Concerning DMT, I suggest reading DMT: The Spirit Molecule by Dr. Rick Straussman, also see the move by the same name by Mitch Schultz.

If you pay attention, something crucial happened in the 1960 which impacts on our modern society are way beyond what we can imagine. Think about it, the counterculture, LSD, DMT,  mushrooms made their ways in Occident at the same time the New Age really started! It was also in the same period that Monroe had his experience and Seth started to talk through Janes Robert. In Journeys #1, chapter 12, Monroe found himself in an hospital, a man tells him he will need a new injection treament. Monroe asks why and the man tells him: So that humankind can evolve. In chapter 9, he reads the following message: "For pure psychic results, take six drops of a chemical in a glass of water". Something happened in those ages, it sort of truly began there. And if you can go into astral projection without any sort of aid, that's cool. But most people are so spiritualy absent (I was one of them!) nowadays that I believe that Nature introduced us to entheogens and psychedelics for a reason! They have been used for thousands of years so why didn't they remain hidden in the jungle? Man needed a shock before he destroys everything, so Nature is responding in order to bring us awareness. It can be seen in the migration of mushrooms... they moved up in North America following the patterns of deforestation. I could go on and on on how and why the psychedelic culture is so vital and important! Just a few more interesting facts...

In the right setting, It can be the kick in the butt anyone need to open the eyes of his mind! Recent studies on psilocybin on terminaly-ill people revealed that psilocybin allowed patients to have a spiritual experience and to prepare themselves for death. It also points out to be useful in the treament of depression. Ibogaine (found in the Iboga roots in Africa) is also widely used to treat heroin addiction, both by allowing one to get in touch with his inner problems and by cutting off the withdrawals! If you want to look down on people who use psychedelics drugs, don't be upset if people offer you funny faces when you want to share about the astral realities! I think our society has the same wrong attitude towards psychedelics as with sexuality! If you have any more specific question, I suggest you first check www.erowid.org and also www.bluelight.ru the Psychedelics Message Board. You will find the right people there, The Astral Pulse is a really cool place, but it may not be the best place to discuss such things. I will also be glad to answer you if I can. Personally, I do not use psychedelics or any drugs anymore, I am done with that experience, like Thomas, I have seen, now everything is possible! Thought someday I may go to Peru to meet an ayahuasqero, this is the only way I see myself going back into this! But this would be a totaly different story!

Ellis91

Wow great post Zagadka.
You wouldn't happen to listen to the Joe Rogan Experience Podcast would you?
They tend to talk a lot about this kind of stuff, Dr. Rick Straussman, Ayahuasca
the migration of mushrooms. Whist it's not the most enlightened show to listen
to, it's definitely funny and insightful.
The Astral Pulse Astral Police Cop Department. (APAPCD)
Keeping you safe from old hags with pillows since 2011

DenizB1992

Wow Zagadka, that was very informative, thank you for our thoughts on it.
I do also wish to visit an Ayahuasqero and attempt the DMT trip.

Szaxx

The use of laboratory grade extracts has been beneficial to many. Its the mixed poisons by dodgy joe I'm against. Go see your doctor explaining your research and you may get the help with a SAFE intoxicant. I've seen too many with no life and a few who tried to end theirs prematurely.
Shamans and the like accepted. Their use is strongly controlled and is used as part of a ritual in many cultures worldwide. I respect them.
There's a time and place for learning, respect this and you'll enjoy the learning experience.

Bedeekin

I made my own pure extract of DMT a few years ago from Mimosa Hostilis. I washed it till it was pure. I had already been having OOBEs for many years and was interested in what entheogens did. Mainly after reading Rick Strassman's book 'DMT the Spirit Molecule'

It was very interesting to say the least but it was nothing like an OOBE. It had its own quality. There was a great loss of insight and I mush preferred the control and logic of a naturally induced trip to the nonphysical. The same goes for Salvinorin A.

Szaxx

DenizB1992

zareste

Yeah, DMT is a necessary chemical in the brain. Criminals made it illegal for a reason.

Bedeekin

Quote from: zareste on January 24, 2013, 00:29:10
Yeah, DMT is a necessary chemical in the brain. Criminals made it illegal for a reason.

Well... I am in two minds about this because I know my biology and chemicals, however I want to believe that we do.

DMT is present in some animals and some plants. There still isn't any real proof that it is actually produced in the brain or pineal gland. It's not actually been found in the brain.. it's normally found in other bodily tissues, mainly the spinal chord, muscles and bones. There is evidence to support the fact that rabbits have enzymes that are capable of bio-transforming tryptamines into DMT it in their lungs.

Although it would be cool to think that it is an actual prerequisite for human consciousness and endogenously produced to experience reality... I can't ignore the science.

desert-rat

I would advise any one using any kind of drug to know what you are doing . Its easy to hurt or kill your self .  Its best to find ways of reaching alter states of consciousness with out any kind of drug .  Deep breathing and yoga work good .  desert rat

Bedeekin

I fully agree. I have tried entheogens purely to test them... purely for experimentation. All were taken after years of natural OOBEs. Nothing compares to the natural way.

AstralCody

When I was on medical marijuana for anxiety and panic attacks (What a mistake that was. :?) It landed me in the ER. I was absolutely terrified. I didn't feel like was here. It was almost like everything was in slow motion but my thoughts were racing. Peoples voices sounded different. It simply felt like I wasn't connected in this reality. Which led me to the worst panic attack I have ever had. When I was in the ER I saw what appeared to be a figure appear right in front of me but disappeared quite fast. My mom was next to me I didn't even say anything. I don't remember much but she said I was rocking back and forth asking where I was. I never been that scared in my life. It didn't help me with OBE's because everytime I took it I went into a raging panic attack. I thought my acid reflex and not being able to swallow well was triggering my panic attacks so there I was taking more hits... Making the problem worse and worse. I was in the ER every other day for a few weeks. I could of swore something was wrong with me. Turns out I am healthy as a horse. 

Seeker55

Zagadka's post is eloquent for her own personal experience. Mind altering substances can be a kick to think about the world in a different way and can lead to a renewed focus on what is called reality. The problem is the abuse of such substances for alternate reality pleasure or (suffering) which is why they are such popular party drugs ( the users will persevere with suffering because they crave pleasure mostly). If it works then why not, as we are all adults here on our wondrous individual paths but if it becomes a compulsion it can be damaging and limiting as well as destructive. Mind altering drugs have been used for centuries and in the right place and controlled I am sure they are useful.

desert-rat

There may be a few people with the mental discplin to use mind altering substances to reach alter states of consciousness and mantain controll .  I would never trust any thing I experenced while using drugs .  Beer makes me silly , pot made me ( like 20 years ago) hungry and parnoid . desert rat