News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Explorations in Consciousness Website Closed

Previous topic - Next topic

ForrestDean

Does anyone know what happened to the Explorations in Consciousness website?  I know we had quite a few Astral Pulse members move over there.  I haven't visited the site in a while, but I decided to stop by just now and the main web page has a message saying "The forums have closed."

Xanth

Due to lack of interest, Fred (Major Tom) decided it was best to close it down.
It's hard to run a forum these days without already being established.

Plume

:-( yup...that was an epic moment for Plume. Still no completely over it.  I am still sad :-D but I know where to come now. I have not done anything related to my true passion, meditation, exploration and the sorts. So busy with duty and work.
See you all. Got to run again.
:-D

Lumaza

Quote from: Plume on January 15, 2019, 02:46:39
 :-( yup...that was an epic moment for Plume. Still no completely over it.  I am still sad :-D but I know where to come now. I have not done anything related to my true passion, meditation, exploration and the sorts. So busy with duty and work.
See you all. Got to run again.
:-D
Yes it was sad to lose the EIC Forum. I can see the Astral Pulse dying that way too.

It's like Astral Projection is some kind of "fad" to people or something. This Forum used to great. 5 years ago the Pulse was active everyday, with many experiencers sharing here. Today, not so much. I have seen this Forum go 3-4 days without a post. You never had that happen 4 years ago. I try to do my share to keep this Forum active. But I am starting to lose that passion for this place.

Rehashing old threads here to just keep the Forum active only does so much.

It seems like this Forum has become a target for "Spam Bots" and that's about it. Just look at the stats. New members this month are at 3598. New topics 6. New posts 75. Most of those 75 posts were created by the same 7-10 members here. Do the math. Something doesn't add up here. Possibly what keeps this Forum going is "clicks", no matter where those clicks are coming from. Numbers don't lie!  :roll:
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/index.php?action=stats

We finally got a great new thread that experiencers would be able to align with, that's the "Void" thread and yet "crickets".
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

PlasmaAstralProjection

I may not post much anymore but I am still subscribed to the "Welcome to astral chat?" and so I still check out the stuff posted here sometimes. I originally signed up back in 2010.

PlasmaAstralProjection

You's need to keep this forum open. This website really helped me a lot. I'll moderate if nobody wants to.  :-D

Xanth

The Astral Pulse has one major thing over the EIC forum... google links.
When people do a google search for astral projection related topics, the Astral Pulse pops up more often than not.
That drives most of our membership. 

The moderators and myself constantly go through the applications trying to weed out the spammers from the actual participants.
I like to think we do a pretty good job at it as the spam posts have been removed 99.9% so far.  :)

ForrestDean

It would appear a lot of forums are dying out.  Most of all the old forums I used to visit regularly no longer exist.  Since the days of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media outlets, forums have just been slowly fading away, which I never really understood.  Forums are structured, categorized, and organized.  It's easy to find information in a thread that was posted years ago.  Finding previous information on Facebook and Twitter is much more challenging, even after a few minutes of someone posting.  Plus forums are much more personal in my opinion.

Anyway, the only two forum sites I have remaining in my bookmarks/favorites regarding projections of consciousness are this site and ld4all.com.  I don't really post much, but I've been a member here since 2002, although under a different name at that time.  Hopefully, this site will be going nowhere.

Does Adrian Cooper still own and maintain this domain or has he handed it over to someone else?  I haven't heard from him in a long time.  I was disappointed when he shut down the Our Ultimate Reality Forums.  A LOT of useful information was posted there.  At least he still has the site up with all his writings.

Volgerle

The vanishing of  the EIC forum and the temporary blackouts of the Astral Pulse was one of the reasons I had created the 'backup' forum last year in November. I thought maybe we and any aspiring new and true projectors needed a new home. Still I will start it soon anyway, just because I created it in the first place.

(Again: Patience please for the few who already registered waiting for approvals through the anti-spam process, still need some more time before I start, have a lot of other things going on in my life right NOW, so I'm a bit dizzy now  :-o . Of course anyone from here will be heartily invited to join then and I will also invite some people I know myself maybe from AstralDynamics, RT/Transients and maybe even Campbell's MBT then).

AstralDynamics for me is also practially no more since the AP related posts are almost non-existing and the Transients/Roundtable forum which I like a lot for other reasons is no OBE/AP forum at all, despite the fact that it has subforum, but it does not deserve this name. Me and Laron (who is the owner actually and a really cool guy) are the only OBErs / astral projectors over there.

I also see the advantage of the Pulse in the google search entry. I have checked out my options for the outofbodyboards and it is difficult to get a free forum on googlesearch yourself since you don't 'own' the website and so cannot register it. That's a huge disadvantage.
:-(

I agree that forum and discussion culture has gone down with the childish 'texting / blog comment' style of facebook and twitter and similar Social Media, it is just not the same as any detailed forum discussion. It is sad to know that many of the young and very young internet users will never get to know this option. And may never seek it thus.

I assume that is our short attention span and short-lived click attraction society and times we live in now.
:|

PlasmaAstralProjection

Seeing my 11 year old nephew having a lack of interest in things other than roblox fortnite and gaming, as well as the lack of interest in astral projection I think now this is a widespread problem of the new generation having a lack of interest in things outside of their bubble. Also for the first time in a long time IQ has gone down with the new generation. I think it stems from their lack of interest in new things. They lack systems thinking I think. They lack fundamental desire and natural curiosity to learn about the world around them. They are just so engrossed in their games that they don't think outside of that box. At least that is what i am starting to think now.

But if you's have a backlog of people trying to register that might be a big part of the problem too. So if someone has an astral projection and they have to wait a week to a month to post about it because they are waiting for approval, then they could easily get impatient and not post about it once their account is approved.

Perhaps once we get UBI then parents can start spending a lot of time with their children and that natural curiosity about the world around them will come back. Personal development will skyrocket. It's an interesting thought.

Xanth

Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection on January 15, 2019, 21:05:11
Seeing my 11 year old nephew having a lack of interest in things other than roblox fortnite and gaming, as well as the lack of interest in astral projection I think now this is a widespread problem of the new generation having a lack of interest in things outside of their bubble. Also for the first time in a long time IQ has gone down with the new generation. I think it stems from their lack of interest in new things. They lack systems thinking I think. They lack fundamental desire and natural curiosity to learn about the world around them. They are just so engrossed in their games that they don't think outside of that box. At least that is what i am starting to think now.

But if you's have a backlog of people trying to register that might be a big part of the problem too. So if someone has an astral projection and they have to wait a week to a month to post about it because they are waiting for approval, then they could easily get impatient and not post about it once their account is approved.

Perhaps once we get UBI then parents can start spending a lot of time with their children and that natural curiosity about the world around them will come back. Personal development will skyrocket. It's an interesting thought.
Are you trying to say that people only like doing the things they like doing?  :)
I like doing the things I like doing too.

As for other social media... I don't do twitter or instagram and I'm starting to sour these days on facebook too.

Yodad

Looks like these older style forums are on their way out due to shift in technology with tablets, phones, and newer ways to access the internet with "apps." Even Facebook is considered old to the next gen. Even TV's come with apps, so the next gen is experiencing something from early age we never saw until mid age. I think forums are just linked with an older way of accessing info so there isn't newer replacement users as the older ones leave/move on. I see the same thing happening with other "hobbies" of mine.   

Maybe the site Reddit shows this trend. You can access it from a browser on your pc, but more to the point, or they have an app you can install on the phone and the app brings up the latest posts from the subjects you're are subscribed too. So I think "app" access may steer younger kids more as we go. However, it doesn't seem like the subjects are dead... Reddit's LucidDreaming sub has over 200k subscribers and the AP sub has over 50k. Each has their own rules on what to talk about, but they are busy every day with new questions. The difference between here and there is like the difference between a quiet in depth conversation at a park vs a quick chat at a Starbucks café.

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: Xanth on January 16, 2019, 12:10:55
Are you trying to say that people only like doing the things they like doing?  :)
I like doing the things I like doing too.
No, I was just saying that the new generation seems to lack the patience and curiosity to learn about spiritual things because it's not a game or TV show. And maybe impatient to wait for moderator approval.

Xanth

Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection on January 16, 2019, 19:32:33
No, I was just saying that the new generation seems to lack the patience and curiosity to learn about spiritual things because it's not a game or TV show. And maybe impatient to wait for moderator approval.
Yes and no... there's a big cultural shift happening these days.

PlasmaAstralProjection

I know how to get this website active. Let's talk about Jordan Peterson. LOL

Xanth

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: Xanth on January 17, 2019, 23:43:23
Who?
Oh he's only the best selling author right now. And the top most influential intellectual right now among young people. But yet the new york times don't have him on their top selling book list because he doesn't fit their propaganda.

Nameless

Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Phildan1

Jordan Peterson as a topic I think has nothing to do here because he has no knowledge about non-physical stuff and is a public person. If others don't know (I didn't know him either until maybe 2 months ago as I rushed into him on Youtube), he is a professor, who is standing out to people and telling the exact truth about our problems in this society and has great knowledge about how our world operates but he has mostly a human perception. I mean he lack the NP or multidimensional element. So don't mess him here. He is just one figure out there, I admit he is very good at this speaks, shows and knowledge and points out everything, wins idiot debates where feminism is and stupid other people trying to ridicule him or keep up the control system, but he is just a figure which people want to follow. It is a Jesus-like thing (if he ever existed 2k years ago and not 400.000 years ago in with Sumerians), people never get the message and they want to follow always somebody. Like nothing changes ever, not the knowledge or teaching goes through really as a primary thing, no it is a side effect and people want Peterson more because others are rabbits to do the same. Most people are weak and in fear to do the same. So he operates on a supply and demand person and I accept that this world needs more of these people in those topics. But he is only successful if others are getting the message and they don't cling onto him as an idol and to his book and lectures. I saw enough Youtube comments below his vids, admiring as a social hero who finally speaks out. And I facepalm.

I don't know Plasma why should we teach Projection to little kids. We shouldn't. You start to be interested from a good reason. We should only let them live their fantasy world and teach them for physical-NP balance to not ruin their physical life overdoing that. We should tell them what is this and that, let them digest it then not blocking them out from their potential. Not making them a fearful, salivating, useless kids. This world is like that with younger generations because they don't want to support this old system anymore which is over since the 80-90's. Younger generations maybe blind and stupid (sorry) or just they don't have the slightest idea why are they physical in this era but maybe they are just doing passively their main job, this world is not what we had in the late 90's. It was totally different. And it was before that too. I grew up seeing this nonsense stupid worklife from people, they suffer and abuse themselves and others, they are blinded by religions (respect for a few who are ok with it), the whole system is changing in front of our eyes in this century and I think it will become worse or more chaotic. I felt it as I was a little kid already and it seems to be I was right the whole time.

It is maybe good that people are about not being interested in "projecting". Why? Because they are not even ready for it. I saw it enough times, people have an initial excitement and it wears off fast. They know about the topic from stupid books, vids and webpages which are already indoctrinating them. Business. Everything is a f**king business, I hate this in this world. You will starve to death if you don't join. Or go off-grid somehow and you deny physical life totally which is not something in my opinion why we came into this chaotic era. There is a grand-scale game set up and move on.

Most of them can't even comprehend what the hack the NP is. What is a dream really? They don't have the capacity to understand it. People should accept, I guess that it is not for all. Billions are not ready. They are workslaves and/or brainwashed. Why should somebody who was blinded and uninterested in NP stuff from their alike parents (who are also dumb), start to be suddenly have an intent for NP life until the "end"? This is a paranormal and mystical or esoteric BS for the most. Some 10.000s or more are only interested. Maybe.

Pulse should be online surely but the current value since big names like Frank disappeared, is declining. Maybe forums like this one have the destiny to disappear overtime? Hm...

So to sum it up, we try to change target dummies as I call them right now. I'm speaking about people in this world. Others will call them composites or backdrop people or projections etc. If there is at least one person around you who is interested in this NP stuff, you are lucky to share it. And that's all I think. I made 4 experiments on Reddit for example in some subs like Dreams, Psychic, LD etc, one recently. People mostly don't even give a damn about you giving the answers. I was curious that the 4th time how it ends. Terribly. If you count about 100 questions (I mean people are crying out for help), you get back some signs of life in 10 cases. Ok, maybe 20. These places are the s**tholes of humanity. What will a normal human being choose? The closest answer to his/her beliefs. I can't beat this system and I guess we shouldn't. We are alone on this path. Relatively. Well, it makes it magical and also sad. I know there are older people here than me but maybe Dolores Cannon was partly correct, my generation should just do our thing passively, who knows, I don't believe channeled stuff, it is a self-fulfilling thing.
Visit my blog site: http://daily-spirit.com

Xanth

The one thing constant about our reality and life in general is that it changes.  :)
Things wax and wane as time goes by.

Teaching projection to little children should come along with the concepts and ideas of spirituality and meditation.
Everyone should not only learn to meditate, but we, as a society should meditate daily.  Finding time to be quiet with your own mind is paramount to learning to be with society.

Volgerle

Quote from: Xanth on January 18, 2019, 12:05:54
The one thing constant about our reality and life in general is that it changes.  :)
Things wax and wane as time goes by.

Teaching projection to little children should come along with the concepts and ideas of spirituality and meditation.
Everyone should not only learn to meditate, but we, as a society should meditate daily.  Finding time to be quiet with your own mind is paramount to learning to be with society.
True. Children should be taught meditation, that would help the world to bring about a 'shift' and more peace, since the effects on our collective consciousness are already proven. AP and 'other stuff' might then also come with it for some of them (later) but it is not necessary to happen for everyone.

LightBeam

Quote from: Volgerle on January 18, 2019, 12:39:33
True. Children should be taught meditation,

Only if children can sit still for more than 10 minutes LOL. But on a serious note, yes, I agree. There also should be a subject in school for moral values. To teach children why do we need to help each other, sympathize when others hurt, mutual respect, etc. Unfortunately, not all parents take time for this and leave their children's development in a go with the flow mode.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

desert-rat

Over the years I have scene a number of sites go down .  I really loved the Pavlina forum , but its long gone .  A number of years ago I started a thread of new age/ med. phy. sites  on s.f.   a few are sites that I am a member most I got from searches .  Most are no longer up now.  Its in a members only link sec. of the forum or I would post a direct link .
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/
p.s. For s.f. members this is that link
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=57193