News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Favorite Movies

Previous topic - Next topic

Stookie

The Shank! It is really good. It's very different for a Stephen King story.

I just purchased "Altered States" at my local Family Dollar for $3. That's a fun movie.

MisterJingo

Altered states is good :). I remember being scared silly as a child when I saw a clip of it, the bit with the cross and the many eyed goat.

WalkerInTheWoods

Quote from: RunLola on August 11, 2006, 01:23:01
speaking of Mr. King...I very much enjoyed "the green mile"

That is exactly what I was thinking when King was mentioned. The Green Mile is a really good movie.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

WalkerInTheWoods

I watched the trailer for The Wicker Man and I am unsure about it. It does not seem like it will possess the subtleness which lead to the mysterious feel of the original. I am sure I will watch it some time as I want to see how they did it, but I can't see it living up to the original. And what is up with him being "conflicted"? In the original he was pretty sure of himself. That completely changes things.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

jub jub

Quote from: MisterJingo on August 10, 2006, 17:10:11
Walkabout is an interesting film, it's been on UK TV a few times :). I haven't seen picnic at hanging rock. Is it worth checking out?

I think so. It's definetly Aussie and will leave you guessing at the end.
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

Stookie

QuoteWhy does everyone hate Nick Cage?

I just don't think Nicholas Cage seems like the right person for Wicker Man. He really has been in some great movies like Wild at Heart (on my original list), Snake Eyes, The Cotton Club, Raising Arizona, and Adaptation (by the same writer who did Eternal Sunshine). He could prove us all wrong.

Quotespeaking of Mr. King...I very much enjoyed "the green mile"

The Green Mile and The Shank were both written by King and had the same director. They should team up on another one.

QuoteAltered states is good . I remember being scared silly as a child when I saw a clip of it, the bit with the cross and the many eyed goat.

I watched it last night. I've seen it a few times, but there were several things I didn't notice before. Drew Berrymore is in it for a brief moment (I think her first movie, even before ET). It ends a little cheesy, but still a great movie. The dialog is awesome.

WalkerInTheWoods

I love Nicholas Cage. He is a great actor. I don't know if he would be right for the part in Wicker Man, but I don't know how much the character is going to change in the new version. He might be perfect for it. But in the original I don't think he would be right. I think they did a great job casting in the original.

And don't forget Nick in Face Off!

The Wicker Man Soundtrack comes with a little book that has info on the movie and music. It says that they spend a large part of the budget on a dream scene that for some reason never made it into the movie and has now been lost. I would love to see that!

interception

I like Cage. Not sure why, but I like him.  :|

Saw Napoleon Dynamite for the first time a few days ago... ridiculously odd characters.  :-D

Oh the Transporter movies... yeah, liked 'em too.

Stookie

QuoteDid anyone see Napoleon Dynamite, I thought that was hilarious!
I thought Napoleon Dynamite was genious. It was hilarious and had unique characters. I loved the midwestern setting.
The same writer/director also did "Nacho Libre" with Jack Black. I haven't seen it yet but it looks really funny.

QuoteAnd don't forget Nick in Face Off!
Yeah, that was a good John Woo film. I also like his earlier Hong Kong movies with Chow Yun-Fat. They're all really great shoot-em-ups.

WalkerInTheWoods

It seems silly to not see a movie simply because of an actor in it. I will go with you to see it and Pirates. I have not made it to see it either. Have you gotten your copy of the original Wicker Man yet?

Napoleon Dynamite is funny. I love it when they go into town. lol

WalkerInTheWoods

Anyone seen Clerks 2? The first one was great.

Stookie

I got a chance to see it opening weekend and thought it was really funny. It was similar to the first in that it had a lot of long, funny dialog. I enjoyed it (but I'm sure you have to like Kevin Smith's comedy).

WalkerInTheWoods

I definitely want to see Clerks 2. I love Kevin Smith movies.

WalkerInTheWoods

I have never seen The Wicker Man at any Blockbuster here. You might have luck at the smaller store, as you never know what they may have. The non-chain stores here can usually have some interesting things that can't be found at the chain stores.

MisterJingo

I'm not sure I would class it as a favorite, but I saw 'the constant gardner' recently, and I found it to be a pretty harrowing film. I'd definately recommend it.

Selski

I watched an old film last week - Bedazzled with Peter Cook and Dudley Moore.

It was great fun, and the part where the nuns are trampolining had me rolling around on the floor.  I had to watch that twice, it was so funny.

Those red socks... :evil:

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Stookie

OK, now that I've seen "Wickerman" trailers, I'm not sure what to think. It looks like it could be good, but much darker. The mystery still seems to be there, but more horror elements to it. We'll see.

I saw the trailer prior to watching "Descent". It was pretty good compared to the mass of horror movies of late. It had a lot of scares and kept a good momentum (as a scary movie should). Good weekend entertainment.

I've got my hands on The Constant Gardener and will watch it sometime in the next few days.

joker

The park is mine.

I think some people get forgotten and no one should be forgotten.

malganis

I have watched The Wicker Man 1973 100 min yesterday. It's a strange movie. I wasnt quite sucked in it, but somehow distanced, if you know what i mean. I dont know much about pagan symbols and i'm not christian so that contributed to it. The end was surely surprising. There are some good dialogues and monologues like the one of Lord Summerisle on snails.

I found on the internet about Scenes filmed but never used http://www.steve-p.org/wm/script.htm.

Here is the article about the movie where I learned much about it. The movie became much more interesting after i read it.
http://tinyurl.com/ecxvq

In the morning I had not very pleasant dream about it. I forgot much details but here is what i remember.
There was somekind flood and a man with deer head with huge antlers. I think he was a police inspector...My father and i were served cooked human meat. We were both disgusted and didnt eat it...I know from where that came from.
"What are you doing here, Nasrudin? his neighbor asks. "I'm looking for a key which I lost
in the wood?" Nasrudin replies. "Why don't you look for it in the wood?" says the neighbor,
wondering at Nasrudin's folly. "Because there is much more light here"

Traveler

I thought National Treasure was good

Other favorites:
Braveheart
Gladiator - especially the scene after the first fight in the Colliseum when the emporer goes down to meet the spaniard.
Thirteen Ghosts
Indiana Jones trilogy
Batman with Micheal Keaton & Jack Nicholson
Ice Pirates
Scrooged
"For the good of the fire in your soul"