News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Finding Books

Previous topic - Next topic

Eol007

Hi,

Which author(s)? Why not try the www.amazon.co.uk site or www.bol.com/ instead of the amazon.com one!

Cheers,

Stephen

WalkerInTheWoods

I checked Amazon.com again today and this time they had a used book available for a much more reasonable price. Thank you for the links anyway. I may well use them sometime. And if anyone else knows of any good sites feel free to share. They might be helpful in the future.

The author is Brian Lumley and I was looking for the 4th book in his Dreamlands series (fictional by the way). His books are usually classified as Horror, but he blends Sci-Fi and Fantasy into them very well too. He has won several awards. Unfortunately almost no one here in the US has heard of him.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Eol007

Hi, No problem... His home page seems to have a link to the uk amazon site.

Try http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/026-3127614-5869232

Good luck!

Stephen

ralphm

Did you try half.com? It has been bought by ebay but it still exists.
In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

goingslow

The borders here will special order out of print books and compare prices for you.  Often you can get them sort of cheap depending on the condition they're in.

WalkerInTheWoods

Does anyone know of a good site for finding those hard to find out of print books reasonably priced? Used is fine. I bought three books in a series a few months back. At the time I did not realize that there was a fourth book in the series. I went to Amazon.com to get the fourth book only to find that it has apparently gone out of print just recently. I can special order it through Amazon.com for $40! But $40 is way too much to pay for a small 200 page paperback novel. I have tried the other big name bookstores (Borders, Barnes and Noble, and Books-a-Million) but they don't even have it and ebay turned up nothing. These books are by a British author so they are kind of hard to find in the US anyway, but maybe I might get lucky with some kind of used book store site. Any ideas?
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.