News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Hypnosis to Project

Previous topic - Next topic

Lexy

I got an email today that said this:

Why is hypnotism one of the best and easiest ways to astral project?

Has anyone tried hypnosis? 

"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves."

personalreality

yes.

hypnosis is essentially the same state of mind required for projection-like experiences.  i would say that hypnosis usually floats around alpha state, but you can absolutely go deeper. 

the most effective use would be the creation of your own scripts and recordings (your subconscious loves the sound of it's own voice).  there are authors though that have written books providing hypnosis scripts for various nonphysical activities.  i might recommend bruce goldberg. 
be awesome.

Monk

Well even if you should decide to tinker and play around with your own subconscious, imo be cautious. You may have possibly unwanted "effects" in the future with no foreseeable way to eliminate it but then again you never know. It's like playing with fire, so tread lightly...
They say hope begins in the dark...
But most just flail around in the blackness, searching for their destiny...
The darkness... For me... Is where I shine.

Lexy

really? you think hypnosis is dangerous? I have been hypnotized before, it wasn't dangerous, it was actually quite helpful.
"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves."

Xanth

Personally, I have my reservations about giving someone else the keys to my noggin... but yeah, for the most part, it shouldn't be that dangerous if you trust the person.

personalreality

that was the real reason i suggested making your own recorded scripts, to protect your mind from other people.  i didn't want to say it because i thought it would give you unnecessary concern (i don't believe there is anything to worry about, i mean they do worse through TV every day).  i record all my own scripts because i just don't trust other people.  even if they have the best intentions they still don't understand your perception and therefore your needs.  at least on your own you have control over what is said.  i would still read up on it a bit to get a good idea of how to write a good script.
be awesome.

Volgerle

Today I added these two cases out of documented literature to my little, modest - but ever growing - OBE-validations-collection (see 2nd link on my sig). It's about two verfied cases of AP by induced hypnosis. That's why I thought I might add it here, too, for whoever finds it interesting (Well, at least I do! :wink:).

Two amazing experiments with hypnotic induction of OBEs:

This is from the book 'The Mystic Sciences' by M. Waite, as uploaded on Script. No direct link is possible, but you can enter "Thomas Garrett" in the search field and it gets you to page 67 where you find these accounts, as quoted here.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/31226821/Waite-Margaret-The-Mystic-Sciences

"Dr. Thomas Garrett, a therapeutic hypnotist, once had occasion to treat a young man who was in a deeply depressed state over a quarrel with his sweetheart. Dr. Thomas, after placing the young man in a deep trance, planted the suggestion that he would be able to travel astrally to the young lady's college dorm at Wellesley and find out how she really felt about him.
After a moment of silence, the young man announced that he was in Wellesley and standing outside the girl's door. Dr. Garrett directed him to 'pass right through the closed door,' which he evidently did, because before long he was announcing in considerable elation that he was watching his girl at her desk writing a letter, and the letter was to him. 'What is she saying?' Dr. Garrett asked.
Slowly his patient repeated word for wored what the girl was writing in the note; an apology for the cause of their quarrel, and a plea for forgiveness. Dr. Garrett wrote down every word, and when he brought the subject out of trance he gave him a copy of the contents of the letter which he would not acutally receive for another day or so. When the letter came, it was exactly as it had been worded earlier!"
- Margaret Waite (The Mystic Sciences)

"An even more spectacular case of hypnotic astral projection is related by Long John Nebel in his book, The psychic World Around Us.
Hypnotist John Kolisch brought a 17-year-old youth identified only by the name 'Tommy' to Nebel's apartment and put his subject into a trance. He then, step by step, described an astral journey which Tommy was to make across the foyer, directly through the closed front door, down the hall to the elevator, into the elevator (again without bothering to wait for the door to open!). All this wile, of course, the entranced Tommy had not budged from the chair where he sat in his trance. But a smile did cross his face, and he filled his lungs with the 'fresh outdoor air' as the hypnotist had directed.
At this point Kolisch turned to Long John and asked if there was any information Tommy could bring back with him as proof that he had made an astral journey. Nebel on the spur of the moment asked him to find out what kind of car was parked third from the fire hydrant in front of the building. The youth promptly answered that it was a 1959, blue, two-door Studebaker Lark with white vinyl seat covers an AAA bumper sticker, and a license plate number 897468.
Tommy was brought out of the trance at once and remembered nothing of what happened. Long John and Kolisch immediately rushed to the elevator and down the street to check on the evidence. And there in front, third car from the fire hydrant, was the Studebaker Lark, practically as the boy had described it. He was off one number in the license plate, and the car was more green than blue, a fact that might have been explained by the fact that Tommy was color blind."
- Margaret Waite (The Mystic Sciences)

Lionheart

Do a google search on "Dr. Steve G. Jones". He has a number of programs on OBE using hypnosis to get there. I bought one of them, it was excellent for getting the proper mindset. His techniques use Energy Work, Kundalini, Breathing etc. which is a great start, but I didn't really like the talk through sessions. He does have a number of really good Binaural Beats though. He is world renown for his Hypnosis tapes.

Jarrod

Hypnosis only works on you if you want it to right?  That's what I've always heard.  So if you don't trust somebody they probably couldn't put you in hypnosis anyway because your mind wouldn't be able to let it's guard down enough.

personalreality

it's just like projection.  you have to be willing to let go for both to work.
be awesome.

Bran

I've dabbled with hypnotism. Never had any luck aside from getting more relaxed. As far as getting a goal out of it... I don't know. It much not be enough to simply want it a lot, cause that didn't work for me. I think there are other factors at work. Having a well recorded tape or maybe a certain voice. I've heard that it's good to record your own scripts as your subconscious likes the sound of its own voice.

Jarrod

Quoteit's just like projection.  you have to be willing to let go for both to work.

Yeah the "let go" necessity.  I'm aware of that, and completely willing and able to.  I can let go like a pro.  It's retaining consciousness past that point that's the problem.

personalreality

Quote from: Jarrod on August 15, 2011, 12:03:10
Yeah the "let go" necessity.  I'm aware of that, and completely willing and able to.  I can let go like a pro.  It's retaining consciousness past that point that's the problem.

that can be tricky indeed.

that's the bit that takes practice.
be awesome.