News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Gone for a while...

Previous topic - Next topic

Tab

lol
have fun [:D]
I oughta take a 2 week break from the internet. I might actually do something productive :|

Nick

Hey, have a great time in Alaska, Squeek! [8D]

See you when you get back,
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

goingslow

Im jealous.  I love alaska.  see you when you come back..

Squeek

HEYAAAAA

I'm BACK!  Apparently it was only a 9 day trip...good thing since we were runnin out of things to do!  :D

So it broke down like this..

Day 1 - Lost 4 hours on flight (Alaska's time zone) Flew into anchorage, got car / hotel. Ate at "La Cabaña" Very good. I had the Beef Quesadilla.

Day 2 - Stayed at same hotel, cousins flew in. Missed opportunity to watch them come in. I ate at La Cabaña again... Had the Beef Quesadilla.

Day 3 - We all hopped a train to DENALI National Park.  Took 8 hours, but they had these parts in the train where people could smoke (aka open window) so I stood there the whole time getting 40-mph Alaskan wind blown in my face :D The Cabin we stayed at was cool, but we didn't do what we planned.

Day 4 - Up at 4 friggin AM.  We all hopped a crappy wildlife tour where the animals were about 600 feet away... Whoo frikkity hoo. Back for lunch into the rental van, and drove to Fairbanks.

Day 5 - Drove back to Anchorage...took another 8 hours.  Seriously runnin out of things to do in the van. Still no souvenirs.

Day 6 - Drove to Homer, caught a boat ride.... Pictures of me on this boat ride include me standing outside while the boat was moving 30 mph in 20 degree weather without a coat on.  I TOLD you I like cold weather! :D

Day 7 - Drove BACK to Anchorage to catch the state fair.  It was very much crappy.  You had to be 19 to gamble :(

Day 8 - Shopping around Anchorage (FINALLY!!!).  Stopped in at BestBuy, played me some soul calibur 2 (VERY EXCELLENT), and some Mario Golf (WHOOOO!!!!).  went to costco, got "Ocean's Eleven" for 13 bucks because DC overprices all it's DVDs.  Cousins went home :(  ....  But I did eat at La Cabaña again! ... I had the Beef Quesadilla.  :D

Day 9 - Shopping around Anchorage... But very much boring without the cousins.  We had a 9:45 pm (Alaskan time!) flight to DC...  Basically 8 hours, plus 4 that you gain in the time zone difference.  Just got home at 12:00 EST!  Got online at 3:30, posted this at 3:55.

Funny facts!!!

Weather for EVERYDAY - Foggy, rainy, sunny, cold.

Tax - Who knows... the state friggin let the cities choose. Anchorage was 0%, some were much much more.

People - A.  Those people are nuts!  They drive like maniacs! :D
B. There's about a 1:1 ratio on people - square mile land mass in alaska.
C. There are about 600,000 people in Alaska. Half are in Anchorage.

Gas - Who would have thought the state with it's own pipeline could have TWO DOLLAR GAS?!?!  MAN!

Me - I wore shorts and a T-shirt every day on the frik with the exception of the boat ride.  My mom forced me to wear pants.  I wonder what it would've been like in a 30mph boat in 20 degree winds with shorts...  The van rides sucked, the food on the tours sucked, but the trip ruled.

The WORST - Wacky weather everywhere man.. In Alaska, it NEVER got dark.  Yet it rained like it has never EVER rained before in Alaska.  My cousin's uncle who lived there 30 years said he never saw a thunderstorm like that, let alone the fact that it was the 3rd thunderstorm he'd ever seen up there!  I guess I brought it with me :)

The BEST -

I got a coolness sticker that has the caption "No Puffin" with the No smoking red circle dealy over him, but the puffin is puffin' (a ciggy :p)  I'll friggin scan it... gimme a year.

I got an uber-coolness stuffed animal... It's a moose.  If you don't know me... don't ask :D (Yes I am a guy... A guy that collects stuffed animals.  Ask me about my beanie baby collection.)

THE BEST OF THE ENTIRE TRIPS WAS -

The Aurora Borealis.  We tried the entire time to see if from the ground and couldn't... the sun was out the whole time.  On the plane ride back home, it was already 10:30 by the tiem I looked out the window and saw it :)  MAN that thing is SO COOL!!!  It looks like fire dancing across the sky... but it's primarily green.  Can't take a picture through that glass though, so find pictures online.

IT'S SO GOOD TO BE HOME!

~Squeek

PS - what happened here? I leave and there's 6 active topics, return and there's 367!!!  WHAT?!?!  All the topics are about...this again... uh oh...  Maybe I should take another vacation.. :)

Nick

Hey Squeek, welcome back! [8D] I'll have to visit there someday, all I know of it is from some movies like Insomnia and, Mystery, Alaska. Take care.
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tao

Wow... Squuek nice post..
when i`ll  return from holidays i`ll post a message just like yours and post some pictures too..

And.. nice to have you back Squuuuuek :)
Mike

Squeek

Mmkay that'll be good.  Our piccys weren't digital, so we're still waiting for them all to process. Or something. I don't know.

Try to drag out the E and not the U  :p

~Squeeeeeeek

Squeek

Alright Peoples, LISTEN UP! :D

This lil ol (well, young :p) mouse is headin to Alaska for 2 weeks.... I'm gonna be away from any form of computer or internet, so I won't be able to talk to you...but you can still "talk" to me :)

See ya'll in two weeks!! :D

~Squeek

PS - I'll bring pictures!