News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Growing A Garden

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkerInTheWoods

I got this daily tip today and thought I would share.  :-D

http://www.drweil.com/u/DT/DailyTip3348/
Daily Tip
Growing a Garden

Each Sunday in August we will devote the Daily Tip to the benefits of gardening. Enjoy!

Gardening is a great way to connect with the earth, reduce stress, increase creativity and promote relaxation. Three good reasons you should get down and dirty in a garden:

Gardening is therapeutic. There is even an emerging medical art known as horticultural therapy. People with all types of health conditions, schoolchildren, even prison inmates, are encouraged to learn about new plants and envision creative ways to arrange them in the ground as a way to provide a sense of accomplishment and improve self-image.

Gardening is spiritual. Aside from delighting your senses with color, texture and scents, gardening enables you to connect with nature. Digging your hands through the soil and handling delicate plants can feed the soul.

Gardening is exercise. Gardening is a low-impact activity that improves flexibility through bending and stretching, and has been shown to lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. However, don't let it replace your walking regime or other regular aerobic exercise - do both, for maximum benefits.

I think he left one off though. You get to eat the fruits of your labor.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Stookie

I plan on starting one next spring.

paint1

You can have mine. They're a heck of a lot of hard work.

WalkerInTheWoods

I have a small garden in the flower bed on the side of the house. I am doing it organicly. After I got everything planted I found it requiring little work, though I can imagine a larger garden needing more attention. I have tomato plants, a banana pepper plant, bell pepper, zucchini, and squash. Zucchini grows like a weed. It is crazy. Some things did not seem to want to grow though.  :cry:

I find having a garden very rewarding and enjoyable. It gets you in touch with where you food comes from and makes you appreciate it more.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Sunn

jub jub

Quote from: Sunn on August 11, 2006, 14:22:32

my back garden

That looks nice. Where are you located?

I would like to grow herbs and spices in a garden and perhaps some tomatoes!
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

malganis

My father enjoys working in the garden in our backyard. I will post a picture.
"What are you doing here, Nasrudin? his neighbor asks. "I'm looking for a key which I lost
in the wood?" Nasrudin replies. "Why don't you look for it in the wood?" says the neighbor,
wondering at Nasrudin's folly. "Because there is much more light here"

paint1

Being somewhat lazy, I have a poppy garden. Eight varieties,all of which can look after themselves. The garden is 8 feet wide 44 feet long. Along the back of it are old fashioned hollyhocks in 6 colors. I water once a week & everythings on its own.  I also grow the makings for a good salad; at the moment  I have about 200 tomatoes all ripening at once. Most of these I share with my neighbours,many of which are to old to bother growing their own.

MisterJingo

When I get a bigger place i'm planning on having a patch to grow vegetables etc. Both my grandparents used to grow food in their gardens and on allotments. I also plan on getting some chickens too :).

malganis

"What are you doing here, Nasrudin? his neighbor asks. "I'm looking for a key which I lost
in the wood?" Nasrudin replies. "Why don't you look for it in the wood?" says the neighbor,

MisterJingo

Thanks for sharing malganis, that looks like a nice garden :).

malganis

Thanks. Our neighbour has chickens. It smells awfully when he cleans the manure but its only twice a year.
I dont like working in the garden. Maybe when i get older.Taste of the fruit and vegetable is much better than from what you get from the supermarket.

WalkerInTheWoods

Beautiful pictures everyone!

Nay

Quote from: malganis on August 14, 2006, 13:10:06
Thanks. Our neighbour has chickens. It smells awfully when he cleans the manure but its only twice a year.
I dont like working in the garden. Maybe when i get older.Taste of the fruit and vegetable is much better than from what you get from the supermarket.
It looks like you put love into the garden. :)  It looks so peaceful, I love it.