The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 26, 2021, 18:22:16

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Growing A Garden  (Read 3577 times)
WalkerInTheWoods
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2006, 15:24:54 »

I got this daily tip today and thought I would share.  grin

http://www.drweil.com/u/DT/DailyTip3348/
Daily Tip
Growing a Garden

Each Sunday in August we will devote the Daily Tip to the benefits of gardening. Enjoy!

Gardening is a great way to connect with the earth, reduce stress, increase creativity and promote relaxation. Three good reasons you should get down and dirty in a garden:

Gardening is therapeutic. There is even an emerging medical art known as horticultural therapy. People with all types of health conditions, schoolchildren, even prison inmates, are encouraged to learn about new plants and envision creative ways to arrange them in the ground as a way to provide a sense of accomplishment and improve self-image.

Gardening is spiritual. Aside from delighting your senses with color, texture and scents, gardening enables you to connect with nature. Digging your hands through the soil and handling delicate plants can feed the soul.

Gardening is exercise. Gardening is a low-impact activity that improves flexibility through bending and stretching, and has been shown to lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. However, don't let it replace your walking regime or other regular aerobic exercise - do both, for maximum benefits.

I think he left one off though. You get to eat the fruits of your labor.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.
Stookie
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 03:27:41 »

I plan on starting one next spring.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 03:27:41 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

paint1
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 04:31:29 »

You can have mine. They're a heck of a lot of hard work.
WalkerInTheWoods
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 13:43:29 »

I have a small garden in the flower bed on the side of the house. I am doing it organicly. After I got everything planted I found it requiring little work, though I can imagine a larger garden needing more attention. I have tomato plants, a banana pepper plant, bell pepper, zucchini, and squash. Zucchini grows like a weed. It is crazy. Some things did not seem to want to grow though.  cry

I find having a garden very rewarding and enjoyable. It gets you in touch with where you food comes from and makes you appreciate it more.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.
Sunn
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 19:22:32 »

my back garden
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 19:22:32 »

jub jub
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 23:54:57 »

my back garden

That looks nice. Where are you located?

I would like to grow herbs and spices in a garden and perhaps some tomatoes!

“A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others”  -  Charles Darwin
malganis
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 00:06:53 »

My father enjoys working in the garden in our backyard. I will post a picture.

"What are you doing here, Nasrudin? his neighbor asks. "I'm looking for a key which I lost
in the wood?" Nasrudin replies. "Why don't you look for it in the wood?" says the neighbor,
wondering at Nasrudin's folly. "Because there is much more light here"
paint1
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 14:53:50 »

Being somewhat lazy, I have a poppy garden. Eight varieties,all of which can look after themselves. The garden is 8 feet wide 44 feet long. Along the back of it are old fashioned hollyhocks in 6 colors. I water once a week & everythings on its own.  I also grow the makings for a good salad; at the moment  I have about 200 tomatoes all ripening at once. Most of these I share with my neighbours,many of which are to old to bother growing their own.
MisterJingo
Astral Energy 5

44977578 misterjingo misterjingo
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 11:44:24 »

When I get a bigger place i'm planning on having a patch to grow vegetables etc. Both my grandparents used to grow food in their gardens and on allotments. I also plan on getting some chickens too Smiley.
malganis
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 14:43:45 »

"What are you doing here, Nasrudin? his neighbor asks. "I'm looking for a key which I lost
in the wood?" Nasrudin replies. "Why don't you look for it in the wood?" says the neighbor,
MisterJingo
Astral Energy 5

44977578 misterjingo misterjingo
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 15:08:28 »

Thanks for sharing malganis, that looks like a nice garden Smiley.
malganis
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 18:10:06 »

Thanks. Our neighbour has chickens. It smells awfully when he cleans the manure but its only twice a year.
I dont like working in the garden. Maybe when i get older.Taste of the fruit and vegetable is much better than from what you get from the supermarket.

WalkerInTheWoods
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 12:58:15 »

Beautiful pictures everyone!

Nay
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 16:48:01 »

Thanks. Our neighbour has chickens. It smells awfully when he cleans the manure but its only twice a year.
I dont like working in the garden. Maybe when i get older.Taste of the fruit and vegetable is much better than from what you get from the supermarket.
  It looks like you put love into the garden. Smiley  It looks so peaceful, I love it.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: