News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

hank wesselman's books-traveling to the future

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkerInTheWoods

Wow, humanity survives another 5,000 years. I figured we would have killed our environment and nuked ourselves by then. What is it like 5,000 years from now?

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Fenris

This is a very interesting concept! I cant wait to read further posts on this one.

fallenangle77 - at this point in time your cynicism is oh so very refreshing, strange that! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_wink.gif" border=0>

Veni Vidi Vici

PeacefulWarrior

I am going to have to check these books out, sounds very interesting...and by the way Fenris, tell us about your avatar...it's cool.

fides quaerens intellectum
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum

BriMercer

I actually KNOW Hank Wesselman, indirectly.  Those that are close to him report that, while he might have had an experience or two, he's in it for the $$$ and the lecture circuit.

Fenris

Hey Daniel,

My Avatar- well here is the story. I turned on the computer...thought well hey I spend a lot of time at the astal pulse...and why dont I have a pretty avatar to add to my stimulation. So I set out to find a suitable image, me being me I naturally was looking for a pentagram or suitable wolf pic. The site I got this from is devoted to creating really cool pagan images. There are  ones heaps cooler than this one but they didn't reduce well. Ill try and find the site...

Yay! found it- this is an awsome site, and the images are free if you read the conditions of use!
//
http://www.shadowmoongraphics.com/Graphics/Clipart/index.htm//

regards
David

Veni Vidi Vici

ralphm

one the more interesting things abou the books is we barely survive- humanity is back to hunter/gatherer status which to me sounds  like an improvement if you look at where humanity is going today.
i do't know him but from what i have heard from him is that he does not realy need to do the new age circuit since he has scientific credentials.

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

Ashfo

Heh, it all links..

As Einstein so cleverly put it...

I don't know with what weapons World War III will be fought,
but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein

Reports of Pleidians speaking through mediums also refer to such an event.

I find it extremely likely anyhow :)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"You are First Cause. You are a portion of the great energy. And you, yourselves are thought manifestations of what you think you are."
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

WalkerInTheWoods

Oddly enough I have always thought that humanity would revert back to such a lifestyle in the future as well. I am not sure if it would be because of choice or because of some kind of an event. Maybe it is something that we all would really like to go back to so it is just wishful thinking, or maybe great minds just think alike. Either way I wish I could live in such a time. As great as technology and sitting at a desk all day happen to be, I would like to be working at something that feels like I am actually doing something, like actually getting my own food. See someone messed up somewhere in time. Life was perfect hunting all day, walking in nature looking for food, being able to show your kids how to survive and make a living for themselves, cooking your own food, actually sitting down with your family for meals, breathing fresh air. Ahh the good old days LOL. Only problem was lack of toilet paper but I guess nothing is totally perfect. ;)

By the way, is the name of the book Traveling To The Future? I do not think you actually said and this is the only conclusion I could come to on this.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Rob

fallen angel hmmmm I am not sure I agree with your view that living in caves would be preferable - it seems to me that the grass is always greener. Our life expectancy is at least twice that of what it was in the stone age, we don't have to sleep on cold hard ground, and we have more knowledge than a giant could point a very large stick at, just a tap of the keyboard away. We can fly to distant places thousands of miles away or just slouch infront of the TV on weekends. Basically we have a choice, and lots of choice in how we live. If you want to go back to being a hunter/gatherer why not just sell all your belongings and go live on some distant desert island somewhere?! You could, but I think you would probably become very bored of it very quickly!
While technology has pushed us to the brink of destroying ourselves and our planet, please don't foget the good things it has done! Even the poorest people in western countries live plusher lives than our ancestors.

(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

ralphm

sorry for not posting the names of the books since i read them from a library. amazon has them, they are Visionseeker, Spiritwalker, Medicinemaker. in one of the books he claims to have had his brain waves monitored while projecting. there would be a  lot of interest in his stuff since it gives a different view on projecting. i still don't think the future is set and there is conflicting ideas from hypnotic progressers. however his furure is a logical step from where we are heading. it also fits in with robert monroe's projection, because he was taken to the future also and the population seemed to be small.

WalkerInTheWoods

I did not mean that we would revert back to no knowledge at all. I sure do not mean that we should live in caves. I am sure we would have enough smarts to build shelter (aka houses) and make clothes and blankets etc. Yes I know that to live as such would mean sacraficing a lot, but when you think about it is it really all that much. Sure tv, movies, computers, cars, etc are nice but not necessary for life. In fact I think they kind of get in the way of what is really important for many people. I feel I could live just fine without these things. I am one that likes to be out in nature anyway so such a lifestyle is desirable to me, though I am well aware that many people would not enjoy it. As far as life expectancy, well we all die sometime. Just because you are expected to live 70 years does not mean that you will. You could die tomorrow, though I hope not. Personally, and I realize most people will not see as I do, but I think that we will live as long as we need to here on the physical. I would rather live 20 good years than live to be to 100 and be crippled and falling apart for most of that time. I do not see death as a bad thing. I eagerly a wait it as it is not an end but a wonderful new begin to explore other planes of existance. And personally I am kind of bored of this plane.
It really does not matter what the culture is like as far as technology, I would just like to see a change in the human spirit to be more loving and caring, to evolve. If we can do that it really does not matter if we are hunters or computer techs.

ralphm

anyone read hank wesselman's books? in them he has obe's and  travels to the future(5000 years if i remember)  where he experiences life through a decendents eye's. i think they are well worth reading for anyone here.
anyone ever do this?