News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Becoming aware of ghosts and other entities

Previous topic - Next topic

cainam_nazier

Well the main thing would be to trust your gut.  Emotional context is important.  In my experience the intent is felt before any actions are taken.  Communication is achieved best for most through dreams.  If some thing is trying to connect with and possibly speak to you then will most likely happen first in your dreams.
   However it is always safest to go into a situation with your guard up.  As far telling good from bad, again trust your gut.  If the situaion does not feel right for any reason end it.  Or make statments re-inforcing barriers.  Anything that wishes true communication will abide by the rules you lay down.  Any thing wishes to do you harm in any way will test the boundies you put in place.  

Remember ultimatly you have the choice of who or what is let in to speak with you.  Anything you wish to end can be done verbally.  You simply tell them to go away.

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com
I am he who walks in the light but is masked by the shadows.
David127385.freestoreclub.com

Anonymous

I have another question to ask- Is it possible to talk to a spirit if they happen to be on the other side of the world? How would that work? Could I get one to talk to me online? How? And how can I find spirits I want to talk to? Do they have to find me first?

"Everything you see or hear or experience in any way at all is specific to you. You create a universe by perceiving it, so everything in the universe you perceive is specific to you."

-Douglass Adams

"Shaolin men and women NEVER give up!"

cainam_nazier

I have not had any luck with targeting certain spirits/entities as of yet.  Most things I come in contact with I seem to draw to me.  I guess I am kinda a magnet.  However the link can work both ways.  If you are openly seeking communication with draw in those that wish to communicate.   Largely you will see commonalities in thought and actions.  A commonly used phrase here, "Like attracts like."  Who you are will determin what you get.  You seem very eager, which will bring the same.  With this the only thing you may have to watch out for is a sudden download of information.  The eager ones often have a lot to say and don't seem to have the control over information flow.  The more you encounter this however the more you can control the flow of information in both directions.  
  As with us in the astral, time and distance have little meaning.  Although you may be say having a conversation in real time you could very well be speaking to some thing in a different time and place.  I have found it is the same with people.  Connections made are not bound by distance at all, and only mildly by time.
  I don't know about the internet thing.  I guess it is possible, I mean any thing is right.  But how would you know you weren't talking to a live person?  I guess I would have to file that with possible until it happens.  In a way it may be some thing like automatic writting, but I would be skepitical.   I really don't have any experiance with written communication.   But from what I have read it seems that for some reason spirites have difficulty with written languages unless it is being done through a medium.  Or a person who either A.  allows a spirite to use parts of thier body for getting the message out, B.  a person who speaks directly and often verbally to spirites for other people.

Anything esle you want to know?

David Rogalski

Anonymous

Yes. There is another thing I want to know- Like I said before, how do I know the signs? I have this sense that is hard to explain, but it has nothing to do with spirits necessarily; often when I am driving in a car I will have this image in my mind of another place, most of the time it's a place I have never been to. But most of the time there is an ocean nearby to these places. And I live near the ocean (I go to college away from the ocean though). Back home I sense there is a spirit that wants me to return there someday to live there. I am going to try to communicate with it more to see what it wants. Often times this spirit talks to me on my walks at night, by the ocean. Is it my imagination or is there really a spirit talking to me? It is possible I think that I could have created this entity with my mind, but I don't think so. This spirit is extremely benevolent.

"Everything you see or hear or experience in any way at all is specific to you. You create a universe by perceiving it, so everything in the universe you perceive is specific to you."

-Douglass Adams

cainam_nazier

Man, I hate when that happens.  You type, type, type, and then some thing happens, in this case I droped some thing on the key board, and blam-o you loose it all.

Okay what was I saying.

Signs.

Some are undoubtable, others more elusive, and the same set does not apply to every one.  But there is always a feeling.  You just need to follow your instincts and see what happens.  Eventually you will find out what the keys are for you.  It also depends on the kind of communication.  
  For me there is just this feeling.  It is hard to describe what the exact feeling is but lets just say its some thing I can not ignore.  Thats how I know some thing is afoot.  I usually have to wait a sec to see what follows it because that is where I gleen my information.  But there is always this precursor.  It just kind grabs my very soul.

Now when you are driving and you get the images.  Have you tried to explore them a little more, through dreams or meditaion? Is there often a higher level of emtional context when you get these images then say when recalling a memory? Do the images feel familiar in ANY way?

David Rogalski

Anonymous

Yes, for some reason the images are very familiar and yes there is a higher level of emotional context. I've tried exploring them more to see what's up with them. Some of them seem to come from the past or from the future. I often see myself going through a journey. The park across my school seems to be linked to a place out West, and both seem to have something to do with Native-Americans. at 6 AM, I can really sense the presence of some sort of Native-American tribe. This is somehow linked to another place in my mind which seems to "exist" out West somewhere, in the state of Nevada or Utah. The scene is a road with desert plains on either side leading into a forest. It also seems to have the Native-American feeling to it. Often I see myself riding a white horse down the road. It's in first-person view, so all I really see of the horse is the ears and the top of its head. It's really weird.

As far as the presences go, I REALLY got a sense of one the other day while shopping in the Target where my ex-girlfriend works. I had previously known it was haunted, and when I went there I tried to sense it, and I think it realized this and was drawn to me. I think I helped it out of the store. It seemed desperate to get out. I sensed it got into a higher plane. From what you've told me, I think there really is a spirit that is trying to contact me. At least when I am home. It doesn't want me to leave I think. That's the impression I get. I always have to take a walk on my last night there, before I return to college during vacations and breaks and it is during these walks the presence is at its strongest. It's by the ocean near my house. I wonder if I can get a medium to help me out.

-Douglass Adams

cainam_nazier

Some thing that may help would be to focus in on the emotional context that comes with the feelings and images.  The images themselves may not be giving the message but rather the emotions that go with them.  It is much the same as when talking to a person.  Some times the actual words are meaningless but it is how they are said that is important.   Or with the afore mentioned Centaress when there were no words at all.   Emotion is a very powerfull form of communication.

David Rogalski

Anonymous

Emotion certainly is a very powerful way to communicate. I haven't seen the centauress lately but I sense the "island spirit" that I have been talking about, contacting me. Something tells me the spirit is female and has good intentions. I think I may sense the centauress again if she wants to try communicating with me again. I think I am more aware of spirits now that I have been looking for the signs you have told me about. I don't sense them all the time but often I do sense them. Sometimes I will be alone in my room and feel like there's someone behind me at one of my roommates' desks. I've definitely been trying to focus on emotion more. How do I communicate my thoughts to the spirit? Do I have to say them aloud or can I simply just think them?

-Douglass Adams

cainam_nazier

Most of my contact is based on emotional responce.  It seems to me that the emotional responce from you causes certain reactions by spirites as well as the other way around.  I have never had a full blown physical interaction although I still try at times.  A large part of that may be that most of the things I have experience with never fully manifest physically.  Although I do have an opportunaty to deal with one that does.  I am still contemplating that one.
   The most physical interactions I have had have been with the missing items gag.  That being that something takes an item you were just using or some thing and hides it on you.  I have had this happen a few times.  Every time I have had to verbally ask and it one case demand the return of the object.  But I have never had a verbal responce.
   The only other communications I have had are more along the lines of voices in your head.  This happens most for me when I am falling asleep.  The only problem is that given the content of what I hear I am unable to figure out if those that are talking are alive or dead.  I have not yet had the gall to try and talk to them in this state.  I for the most part I get the feeling I am just hearing the voices and or conversations and am not actually a part of them or being spoken to directly.

David Rogalski

Anonymous

I sometimes hear talking while I fall asleep. It happens just before I hit the dream/REM state, in the transition from conscious to "unconscious." Most of the time I pick up random phrases or parts of sentences, but never really a full sentence. I think I once heard someone talking about the word "bridge" and how they thought it was a weird word. I agreed at the time. It almost sounded like more of a noise that a young toddler would make. I try to sense the emotions of those around me (the living) as well because I think there's a key here to figuring out what kind of people they are. Do you ever notice that when you first meet people they can seem so normal, then you get to know them and you realize there's nothing normal about them? I think this happens with people who do not have a sense of the spiritual side of things. They do not know that you can sense these things, and they cannot sense them either, so they end up acting normal in front of you thinking they can fool you into believing they are someone they really aren't. I think this happens with people who are insecure about who they are inside. Many fear rejection and ridicule because of what they believe. Most of us don't believe that the ablilty to do these things is there. You cannot fool one who has training to sense these things though.

I think I'm going to give up drinking so I can further develop my senses. Drinking is fun once in a while but I don't think I want to continue with it. It felt good to loosen up but drinking also impairs one's ability to make judgements. I don't particularly like that. I'd rather learn to be high on life. Have you read the topic about the relationship between night-life activity and spiritual development? It's interesting. Check it out if you haven't already.

-Douglass Adams

Anonymous

Do you think it's possible to call a spirit into a dream? Or should I go from lucid dream to astral projection and then call out to the spirit? Last night I intentionally made myself have a lucid dream and it was fantastic! I was able to control just about every single thing in the dream. I could make things appear in front of me (like supermodels in bikinis) and I could fly in the air and through walls. It was great and I want to be able to do this more. The only problem I had was that I became aware of my physical body so I started hearing what it heard and not what was in the dream. So I tried remembering the song Bittersweet Symphony and was at least able to maintain the dream. So I was thinking about it all today and I wanted to know if it was possible to call a spirit into the dream. Last night I was looking for my soulmate in the dream but without success. I hope I find her soon.

To remove corruption from the world, you must first remove corruption from yourself.

They may take our lives but they shall never take our freedom!!!! -Braveheart

The power of Christ compells you! The power of Christ compells you!

cainam_nazier

Yes.  Dreams are the main doorway into the Astral.  It is the most easily suggested form of conact for people who "think" talking to spirites is impossible to do "physically".   It seems easier to do with loved ones who have passed but it can be done with any spirite.  It seems easiest for most to communicate in this manner because for the most part the fear is removed.  People generally think spirites=evil, but we know this  is not always true.  So for people in general it is easier for them to communicate through dreams because it is easy for them to pass it off as just a dream, or serves as a safety so as not to mess with thier beliefe system.

David Rogalski

Anonymous

Well, I have at least determined that the spirit that was trying to contact me is not my cat, like my friend suggested. I think I have helped it into the afterlife, because it hasn't been contacting me lately. I was meditating a few nights ago and I started hearing a choir sing. It sounded like the choir was made up of a bunch of kids, and they were singing what sounded like happy African music, or the song "My Weakness" by Moby on his album Play. I started getting a vision of green rolling hills like the Ireland countryside, and a bright orange sun shining down on them. I don't know if a spirit was trying to contact me but I kept getting drawn to the place whenever I came back from a break. I also had some trouble concentrating which made it hard to see the images and hear the choir because the heat in our house makes loud, annoying creaky noises. Especially in my room. I'll have to try again during a summer night.

Anonymous

Hello all-

I was curious to know how to sense ghosts and other entities around me, and to communicate with them. I have this strong feeling that someone or something on the other side wants to talk to me. I had a dream last night. It was so weird. In the dream there was this centauress walking down the street of a city. She didn't have the body of a horse, but rather, she had two sets of human legs and she was hairless (except for the long hair on her head), and she had arms. I was with a bunch of people and we were heading towards each other. I stopped and looked at her. At that moment I felt great emotion. I said, "You are so beautiful." And she stared at me for a long time. She never said anything in return. She seemed like she was upset by something or that she didn't believe me. She seemed startled to see me when I first saw her. I felt scorn from my friends on me, so I left them. I think the centauress was ashamed of her body but I don't know. When I woke up, all I could think about was the centauress. Do you think she was a spirit trying to communicate with me? How do I talk to her? I have this general feeling that my soul mate is on the other side somewhere. I don't know why though. I keep getting the feeling that my soulmate wants to contact me. But I was afraid of ghosts for a long time because I am unable to determine which are good and which are bad. When we go into our dreams, how do we know when a spirit is really talking to us? My friend says to try to sense their emotions and how they are feeling. I try, and I think I can sense them when they are near me, but how do I really know?

-Douglass Adams